shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help designing a pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
dangle%20pendant%201.JPG

75oe4.jpg

I posted this in the Jewelry forum, but I thought I might get more input here.

I just acquired four graduated old mine cut stones and would like to design a pendant. I'm open to all suggestions! but I have an idea in my head and would like some help with design.

What I am seeing are the four stones each held in very thin milgrained bezels attached one to the other so that they move and dangle. I think I want the large one on top with the chain going through the bezel (as opposed to a bale). I cannot find anything remotely similar. I'll attach both the stones and a chain of stones. What do you think?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for those links! Thier jewelry is just incredible!!! Exactly what would fit these stones!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want them to make me something, too! I just think those style settings are so beautiful with old stones! I''ll be interested to see what you decide! (I know Ann McKay is on vacation this week, by the way.)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh, beautiful stones!! I love your idea too and I''m a big fan of milgrained bezels. Personally though I''d probably graduate them with the large one at the bottom instead of at the top.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 1:48:53 AM
Author: kcoursolle
ooooh, beautiful stones!! I love your idea too and I''m a big fan of milgrained bezels. Personally though I''d probably graduate them with the large one at the bottom instead of at the top.
Ditto...graduated stones with the largest one on the bottom. It will be more of the focus of the pendant than having the smallest one at the bottom. Fun project! I look forward to hearing what you''ll do with those stones!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Biggest on the bottom would look more interesting.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2008 4:26:27 AM
Author: Jelly

Date: 9/16/2008 1:48:53 AM
Author: kcoursolle
Ditto...graduated stones with the largest one on the bottom. It will be more of the focus of the pendant than having the smallest one at the bottom. Fun project! I look forward to hearing what you''ll do with those stones!
That was my suggestion too! Graduated in size from smallest on top to largest on bottom. You want the stones to be "articulated" instead of "fixed". They''ll put a small fixed jump ring on the bottom and top of every stone mounting with another small jump ring perpendicular to those rings. That way it will dangle and move as you move.

Fun project! It''s going to be a very impressive pendant when done.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Articulated, definitely! Reason I was going from largest down to smallest is because it''s unexpected. I don''t want this to be something predictable. The stones are not the greatest clarity. I''ve got to get them in my hands to see if it''s really worth a full custom piece. But again, they are interesting.

Any other ideas that are out of the box?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
What do you think of this as an alternative idea?

buttercupdanglingpendant.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 12:55:28 PM
Author: Upgradable
Ooh- I like that. Both ideas sound fun, but that just adds a little extra interest.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
The buttercup would be tons cheaper because it just uses stock pieces soldered together.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 1:03:59 PM
The buttercup would be tons cheaper because it just uses stock pieces soldered together.
That''s never a bad thing... I really like the flowers.
1.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2008 12:55:28 PM
Oh baby! I like that! Do you own an omega by any chance? or a 14K neck wire? That would look really neat hanging from an omega necklace. They''d just have to put two vertical bars on the top flower. You''d be able to wear it on a regular chain too.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I think you're ideas are great Upgradeable, I still like your original idea the best. I'm going to post some designs below. Most of them have more than 4 stones, but it's just for inspiration. I know you may not like any of these, but I always think its best to see a lot of options, that way I know for certain what I like and don't like.

This one is four stones and like the one you posted originally, except inverted and with no gap between the stones.

Attachments

• jewelsandgoldpendant.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 225

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I thought the design on this pendant from Kohl''s was pretty darn cool. Five stones, but you get the idea.

kohlspendant.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I totally love how this journey pendant curves like a snake. So awesome! It's six stones I believe. Good luck, keep us updated.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 10:08:50 PM
Author: somehowcollide
I totally love how this journey pendant curves like a snake. So awesome! It''s six stones I believe. Good luck, keep us updated.

The picture didn''t load :(

shimmerandstone_2018_1292667.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
congrats on your OECs!
You bought from a A+ seller--his stuff is always way better in person=== he grades very strictly- I have bought allot of my stones from him.
exciting! a new project!
i like the idea of them hanging in reverse. It''s different and uninexpected!
good luck-- can''t wait to see what you end up doing
2.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2008 10:06:07 PM
I think you''re ideas are great Upgradeable, I still like your original idea the best. I''m going to post some designs below. Most of them have more than 4 stones, but it''s just for inspiration. I know you may not like any of these, but I always think its best to see a lot of options, that way I know for certain what I like and don''t like.

This one is four stones and like the one you posted originally, except inverted and with no gap between the stones.

Love this design. I might just borrow it, thanks!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 3:30:38 PM
Author: Addy

I think you''re ideas are great Upgradeable, I still like your original idea the best. I''m going to post some designs below. Most of them have more than 4 stones, but it''s just for inspiration. I know you may not like any of these, but I always think its best to see a lot of options, that way I know for certain what I like and don''t like.

Do you really Addy? I''ll post a link to the jeweler that makes it for your reference:
http://www.jewelsandgold.net/product/7327/Four-Stone-Journey-Pendant_12233.html

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
I keep wondering how this one would look the other way around...perhaps if someone photoshopped it?

I agree about the stones going big to small downwards - I think it will add to the look - make it individual - and absolutely yes to millgraining...and/or engraving on the outer surfaces?

If the stones pass muster - it could turn into a stunning pendant.

26.gif

Attachments

• FourStonePendant.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 224

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I really really like the second one posted A LOT

tarmsspace

Rough_Rock
Here is another style of a flower design, articulated pendant I thought you might be interested in. These are, however, princess cut diamonds. Good luck!

journey flower pendant.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/18/2008 4:35:42 AM
Date: 9/17/2008 3:30:38 PM

Author: Addy

Do you really Addy? I''ll post a link to the jeweler that makes it for your reference:

http://www.jewelsandgold.net/product/7327/Four-Stone-Journey-Pendant_12233.html

Thanks!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 12:00:18 AM
Author: tarmsspace
Here is another style of a flower design, articulated pendant I thought you might be interested in. These are, however, princess cut diamonds. Good luck!
That''s very pretty too. Where did you find that design?

Ultimately it''s a moot point. I received the diamonds yesterday, and they were a lower quality than I would have wanted for this project, so back they go to the vendor. I''ll just keep all of the thoughts together for another day down the road! Thanks!!

tarmsspace

Rough_Rock
I''m sorry the diamonds didn''t turn out. I found the design at the same website that has already been posted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results