shape
carat
color
clarity

Large FIngered Ladies Unite!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LostieLovesBling

Shiny_Rock
I have myself a SIZE 7.5 (sometimes 8) ring finger and would love to see some others in my range. Rock it, ladies!
36.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is a size 8.5, see my avatar, but its a little distored looking
14.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My finger is a 7.25 and my rings are on the "finally my bling" thread.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
1 ct on a size 7.5.

allegro_band75.jpg

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/6/2008 12:46:36 PM
Author: diamondrnglover
Mine is a size 8.5, see my avatar, but its a little distored looking
14.gif

Your avatar just needs "un-mushing"

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/unsmush-my-avatar.93845/

:)

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock

LostieLovesBling

Shiny_Rock
Ooh thanks for the links!
Off to check out the rocks on my big-fingered sistahs
30.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a 1.61 ct on a size 7. Damn you big knuckles.....damn you
32.gif

size7handshot.JPG

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
1.08 ct on a size 7/7.25. Plus another public service announcement about the amazing comfortableness of my horseshoe sizer, which allows my ring to fit even though I too have big knuckles.
2.gif

ph4879.jpg

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
LostieLovesBling can we see more pics of your ring ? Is i the one in your avatar? Look awesome and unique...:)

eggy1024

Rough_Rock
my engagement ring is a size 7, but when i add the wedding band to it, i fear i might need to get it upsized a tad. here''s a link to some pics. my hand looks enormous in the hand shot!
3.gif

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 11:08:05 PM
Author: eggy1024
my engagement ring is a size 7, but when i add the wedding band to it, i fear i might need to get it upsized a tad. here''s a link to some pics. my hand looks enormous in the hand shot!
3.gif
Ok, I have to tell you. When I opened your ring post... the first thing I thought was WOW. she has beautiful long, slender fingers and perfect NAILS! You have perfect hands!

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine...I''m a (gasp) 9.5 sometimes a 10!!! Yikes and you thought you sevens had it bad....
37.gif

myER.jpg

Cynd33

Rough_Rock
Oh thanks for the links - I am so relieved to see I am not alone in the size 7 stakes.
I''ve recently been to have my custom ring design only to find out i have size N fingers (australian sizes) and even that was snug
I''ve heard that when it gets to summer in the upcoming months my fingers may swell and have to be resized larger
32.gif
not looking forward to that...

Is there anyone in the forum that has size 7 ish fingers and owns approx. 1 carat cushion? I''d love to see what how the porportions look - i''ve done searches but haven''t seem much at all!

LostieLovesBling

Shiny_Rock
That is probably the most annoying part of having large fingers. My original engagement ring was 1 carat oval. It looked so small on my hand that I added 2 .25 side stones to beef it up (making it a 3 stone style ring. North/South Oval placement).

Of course, over time, it kept getting smaller and now I have purchased a 2.43 Antique Cushion from Ericagrace and plan to have it halo''d to make it appear larger! Sigh...large fingered girls gotta find some way to get some finger coverage, right?

LostieLovesBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 7:45:22 PM
Author: lauralu
LostieLovesBling can we see more pics of your ring ? Is i the one in your avatar? Look awesome and unique...:)

My avatar is of a antique EricaGrace ring (2.2 L SI2 in platinum antique setting) that I was considering as my upgrade. It is lovely, but I have decided to go another way. I will be purchasing the 2.43 Antique Cushion (K, VS2) they have listed and I''m putting it in a halo setting from SingleStone. I need all the finger coverage I can get. For real.

Going for antique cut lets me go bigger while saving some $$. They are definitely discounted compared to modern cuts. I also find myself drawn to older, less perfect stones.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
lovely rings everyone! luv my halo - I have big knuckles too and I''m 22 now... I can''t imagine the future for myself
32.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I had an average finger size until joining the realm of PS. Even at 6.5 I feel like my fingers can drop a few. I have no ring to show yet, but hopefully sooner than later
32.gif
, then I''ll show off my 6.5 fingers with pride!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Size 8 is great!!! :) Here''s my .62 EC. I was sooo worried about my setting when I got engaged, since I''d never actually seen the ring past my knuckle - but when I finally had it on my finger, I couldn''t have loved it more. I even had to ask if it was the same diamond that we''d picked out - it looked so much bigger in the setting than it had loose.

elmortsz8gr8.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
BTW, Rock Your Socks...I LOVE your ring and setting. Does it have its own thread??

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring, pjean, it''s great looking on your hand.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a 7.5 and always considered 7 to be "average" until finding ps.. Haha. Whenever I see all of the size 4-5''s on here I think OMG MY FINGERS ARE HUUUGE! But they really don''t look that big... Anyway, here''s my 1.22 ct cushion halo on my 7.5 finger!

sielegacyrep101.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I wear a size 7 now, this is my 2.14ct light yellow EC set EW with .53ctw FIY traps :)

EW EC FIY Traps.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Me again, with a 1.02ct VLP bezel set pear with a 5mm Plat shank with .49ctw kite cuts.

Pink Lady Handshot.jpg

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:58:23 PM
Author: Addy
I love your ring, pjean, it''s great looking on your hand.

Thanks! I love it too. It was absolutely not what I thought I wanted - I wanted a dainty halo. But I put one on my hand in the jeweler''s, and my FI and I both said "ewww". They just look wrong on me. Designing it was really fun.

Stepcutnut, you mean that gorgeous, droolworthy ring I''ve been dreaming about is even in my size? (whimper...)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
pjean-which one do you like? Maybe we can trade for awhile
31.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:07:13 PM
Author: PearlDahhhling
I''m a 7.5 and always considered 7 to be ''average'' until finding ps.. Haha. Whenever I see all of the size 4-5''s on here I think OMG MY FINGERS ARE HUUUGE! But they really don''t look that big... Anyway, here''s my 1.22 ct cushion halo on my 7.5 finger!
Size 7 is the average ring size, which is why that is the standard size in most jewelery stores. At Costco, every ladies ring in the showcase is a 7, and men''s is a 10. My children have bigger fingers than some of the ladies on PS..LOL. So..7 or 7.5 is not considered big!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m a little smaller than 7 but wear 7s all the time, since that''s what all the stores carry. And I have never considered my fingers large. They''re long, but slender, and I''m not going to let any tiny little size 4 chick tell me otherwise! (My pinky is size 4!)

Here''s my 1ct princess on a 6.75 e-ring...
handshot111.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 2:16:39 PM
Author: BeachRunner
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow">I thought I had an average finger size until joining the realm of PS. Even at 6.5 I feel like my fingers can drop a few. I have no ring to show yet, but hopefully sooner than later
32.gif
, then I'll show off my 6.5 fingers with pride!
You do
1.gif
average is 6, which is why that's the "stock size." (For men it's 10, my FI is a 7.5, I tell him he has girly hands
3.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results