shape
carat
color
clarity

Can we talk about (stainless steel?) appliances, please?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 9:53:16 PM
Author: Miranda
haha - Lynn! I''m still bummed I didn''t do the blk counters! I guess my vote is a given. I like white cabinets and appliances. Save yourself some money for bling, girlfriend! Or a playmate for Boo!
Haha, I know, I know... too many choices! But keeping white appliances would sure save me lots of $$$ !!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 8:50:56 PM
Author: Lynn B
Lauren,

Thank you so much for the additional info! xoxox!

I am sooooooo happy to hear that the Clean Steel blends/matches just fine with the regular SS. THAT''S a BIG YAY for me!!!
36.gif
If I go that route, and get all Clean Steel except the slide-in range, one *plus* (I think) is that my kitchen is U-shaped, and each appliance is on a different wall. So, with different lighting/shadows, etc., I thought that would be a nice ''camouflage''.

OK... when you were choosing your appliances, how much did you concern yourself with the *styles*, handles, etc., matching? I just don''t know how anal to be with all of this!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

THANK YOU!
I''m super OCD about it, BUT, I''m also frugal. I had a friend who had given me his GE discount, so I got my side-by-side Clean Steel fridge for $700 delivered.
3.gif

I had wanted a really nice non-clean steel with SS handles, but they were back-ordered by the time I made it to the site to order it, and by then, we were a month from move-in date.

The black handles don''t bother me anymore, but they did at first.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
For me, it doesn''t so much matter if all of my appliances are the same maker, but they do need to match/go together. Just an FYI- I have stainless steel behind my range (instead of my tumbled marble like the rest of the kitchen). We did this because I thought it would be easier than trying to clean grease out of a porous surface like marble. It is easier, but it shows smudges, even after you clean. I have tried windex, soap and water, stainless steel cleaner... They all leave smudges. You have to wipe and wipe and wipe to make sure that it''s totally dry, and it will sometimes still show smudges! But, it does look lovely, smudges and all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results