shape
carat
color
clarity

Long awaited engagement story! PICS!!! I''m ENGAGED!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''M ENGAGED! I feel like I have been waiting forever to say that. I made it all the way to #4 on the list. Even though I knew the ring was coming I have to say that I was truly surprised as my FIANCE had me convinced that my ring was still not finished! Bad fiance
emsmilep.gif
!

I had to go to Hilton Head for a work meeting yesterday, however, we decided in April to make a long weekend out of it and go down on Friday. We made it to Atlanta fine but our connecting flight was canceled and there was only one other flight out to HH that we thought might get canceled so we rented a car and drove the 4+ hours to hilton head while our bags were still checked on the airline in Atlanta (they got there on SAT). Backing up to Thursday night my fiance told me that he didn''t want me to be dissapointed but that my ring wasn''t finished yet. He gave me this long story that he had talked to the jeweler but that it would be ready mid week this week. He had me so convinced that I took out of my bag that cufflinks that I had gotten him to give him when he proposed. Seriously. I seriously saw no sign of the ring in his pocket or anything on the flight so I really thought he did not have it.

We had been talking about making dinner reservations for Saturday so I wasn''t surprised when around mid day Saturday he told me he had made reservations with the concierge for 7:00pm but that he wanted to go the Marina and walk around and that they concierge told him we had to leave by 5:00pm. He told me there was lots of action there and we could walk around and get a drink before. I thought nothing of this as its pretty normal for us to do something like this before we go to dinner.

We get to the marina and seriously there in no one around and still I wasn''t suspicious. So we get to the last dock in the marina and my boyfriend at the time asks me to go look at the boats with him. I immediatley tell him that we can''t go down on the dock because the owners of the boats wouldn''t like it if we were looking at them (there were signs all over). He explained that no one was there and that we wouldn''t get in trouble and for some reason I still had no idea. We get to the last boat in the marina and a man walks up to my boyfriend and all along I thought he was coming to yell at us for being on the dock, he asks us if we are ready. Then, Fiance, turns around and asks if I''d like to go on the sailboat!!! He chartered a 40ft sailboat just for us. (Crooked Rock, I thought of you, and I never told him about any proposals I heard about!!!)

At this point I thought maybe he could have been trying to throw me off however about an hour into our sunset cruise he told me that he appologized for not being able to do everything but that he had the sailboat planned for a long time. I''m a little dissapointed at this point but decided to enjoy the moment. We must have had about 30 some odd dolphins come up and around the sailboat during our cruise and it was truly amazing. Well when the sailboat turns around to head back to the harbor my finace excuses himself to go to the bathroom and comes back up to the bow with champagne and glasses. At this point I am totally convinced that he isn''t going to do it because who drinks champagne BEFORE they get engaged!!! Well we drank about half the bottle watching the sunset at which point my boyfriend returned the bottle to the fridge and came sat down next to me and told me all these wonderfull things and asked me to be is WIFE!!! I remember most of it but most of all it was extreamly emotional and I was crying, makeup running, the whole bit. Then we drank champagne, went to dinner, drank more champagne and when we got back to the room there as another bottle of champagne waiting for us.

Right after the proposal my fiance told me that he never wanted to lie to me but this was in my best intrest and was meant to make me happy. I''m so happy that he did because it made for a truly memorable moment and more reasons why I want to spend the rest of my life with him. So, for anyone that was wondering, my ring came in exactly one month after it was sent out!! It was in the TOP of the closest and I never even thought to look cause he had convinced it was going to take long!! He proposed with the ring in a black crushed velvet pouch because the boxes were too big!

Oh, the best part is we didn''t call or tell anyone till the next morning. Our engagement evening was totally ours!

This picture is of me before the proposal. It was really windy and I thought I was being funny putting my hand on the leg of the big ZEUS statue. lol...I''m such a dork. (BTW...protecting my identity somewhat)

before proposal.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
BOW of the boat!

spklove.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Campagne BEFORE proposal. This was seriously what threw me off the most. Best idea ever!

spklove3.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Special k was the name of the boat but it is of specific importance to us because my Finace''s name begins with a K!!!

spklove4.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to start a thread in SMTR but I''ll post one here. Head over there for pics after. The ring is everything I could have hoped for and more. It is extreamly hard to capture how dainty and amazing it is in person however this picture does a good job of showing how small the halo is. BTW... TACORI is amazing!

spklove7.JPG

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
YAY
36.gif
congrats emeraldlover
21.gif
ive been dying to know how your ring would turn out and its beautiful
30.gif
enjoy your enagement!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Awww what a sweet story, he very seriously excelled himself in all departments
36.gif

Congratulations to you both :), the story and the ring are just simply beautiful :)

BTW Seriously loving your outfit
30.gif
, those shoes are HAWT :D

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Well obviously I love that story!!! It''s perfet!
2.gif
I love that he totally surprised you.
And who drinks before they get engeged... WE DID! LOL

Congrats to both of you! The ring is stunning and classic and I love it. I think it''s so funy that 2 listkeepers in a row had such similar proposals and halo rings! Love it!
Congrats Congrats Congrats!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 7:33:04 AM
Author: CrookedRock
Well obviously I love that story!!! It''s perfet!
2.gif
I love that he totally surprised you.
And who drinks before they get engeged... WE DID! LOL

Congrats to both of you! The ring is stunning and classic and I love it. I think it''s so funy that 2 listkeepers in a row had such similar proposals and halo rings! Love it!
Congrats Congrats Congrats!
Seriously, if you didn''t live so far away I''d think that my fiance and your fiance are friends! I''m so happy the waiting is over!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, I was waiting for this post! So exciting!

Congratulations and that ring is absolutely gorgeous!

My favorite part is that you kept the engagement night all to yourselves - so romantic!

edotf104

Rough_Rock
What an amazing proposal! Congratulations, again
36.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Love your story.

L O V E
30.gif
your ring!!! It literally took my breath away when I saw it. Totally worth the wait I''d imagine!

CONGRATS!!!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Great ring and amazing story, totally an "awww" moment...
4.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!! YAYAYAYAY!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! Your engagment story is so cute...Your FIANCE did a wonderful job
36.gif
36.gif

Your ring is amazing!!!
So happy for you both!!!
9.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Oh my what a GORGEOUS ring!!!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is stunning.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful story, and what a GORGEOUS ring!!! Congratulations to you and your new fiance, EM1!!!! So happy for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
what a cute story!!!! congrats!!!! :)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
From one emerald lover to another all I can say is WOW.

Love the boat, the champagne (I serve Veuve at all my parties lately!)
and the fact that the boat was called Special K! Too cute!

The best thing in the world is that he surprised you!!!

Heading to SMTR to get more details on that ring!

Congratulations to both of you.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

what a WONDDERFUL proposal! and the ring!!! just, to much for words!!

excuse me while i pick my jaw up off the floor now.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
How sweet that he went to all that trouble!!! Great story!! Oh and, hello?!?! That ring!!!
30.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, you guys are too much! Thank you so much for your kinds words. i can honestly say that I am truly blessed and I hope I can always portray that.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love your story b/c it involves a lot of champagne
9.gif
....just kidding of course; congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Bia

Ideal_Rock
What a GREAT PROPOSAL STORY!!! Congratulations Emeraldlover!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Your ring is absolutely G
30.gif
R G E
30.gif
U S ! ! !

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Already commented on your SMTR thread (that ring is absolutely perfect!), but I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS again! I know you have been waiting a long time, and it sounds like your fairytale proposal was absolutely worth it. What a sweet guy you have!

Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! Congrats!

What a sweet story it was so cute that he had you totally convinced it wouldn''t happen on the trip. I''m so happy for you! And finally pictures of that amazing EC
18.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
aw!! what a sweet story! your FI did such a great job surprising you!! congratulations, the ring is beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results