shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 18th August till 24th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, my power went out and the internet connection was gone for a bit! I have just been walking but I haven''t lost anymore weight. I need to focus on the low carbs. This morning I had to drop off a gift at my old accounting firm where I use to work; it was so good to see everyone and I got a big hug from my favorite manager. hehe Nothing too exciting going on this weekend; I will be going to Einstein Bagels tomorrow morning with my cousin for our walk! Have a great TGIF friends!!

Steph, I hope you all are safe; I am sorry about all the flooding.

Rod, you are such an awesome workout person! hehe Have a great day!

Marcy, how are you? Yay for a teacher discount! My cousin is going to start teaching too! Have a great first class!!!!

Dee, hi, yay for the workouts!!

Indy, good for you getting a law degree and business degree; I bet it will come in handy for sure!! Enjoy your bbq!! ''

Dragonfly, oh no about the pears. How are the horses?

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
just a quick drive by (hanging head in shame)
i haven''t been good. my brithday turned into a birth"week" with daily indulgences since Tuesday. I haven''t been to the gym since then either.

The healthy eating is back in full-force today and i plan to hit the gym this weekend to make up for my sins. Oh yeah, DH got me a Wii! I''m sooo not a gamer, but I played it a couple of months ago and thought it was fun. next step is the Wii Fit (hopefully for xmas)

THANKS for the bday wishes- that was really sweet!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

Charger -- happy belated birthday!!!

Steph -- oooh, flooding? That''s too bad. I''m glad to see that everyone is safe and sound though.

Kim -- how''s school going? You''re subbing, right? We go back on Tueday. We have a district meeting in the morning, and then we break up and return to our own schools for meetings and one last chance to work on our rooms before school begins on Wednesday.

I''m sorry I haven''t had a chance to check in. Thank you so much for your well wishes regarding my foot. I went to a new foot doctor and he wants to see me in a week or so to go over how some of his suggestions worked out. Unfortunately, he also said that the orthodics that my previous foot doc gave me aren''t any good and were basically doing nothing for me. Bummer. So we''ll see how it works out with this new guy. He comes highly recommended from family and other people who have been to see him, so that''s good.

It''s been so crazy here lately, and school hasn''t even begun yet. I''m still counting everything I eat, and I even had to count the zillions of calories I had when I stopped at Wendy''s yesterday for lunch on my way to school. I got a small Frosty, a small order of fries, and a plain grilled chicken sandwich. Hey, it could have been much worse.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......it''s after 11 again, so this has to be quick one. Loooong day as usual at work, but a productive one. Got home at 6:30, changed and met Charlie and some friends for sushi which was lot''s of fun. We sat at Sbucks afterward and had coffee and just got caught up on our lives. I''m not sure what I''ll do tomorrow. Charlie''s working till 10 PM tomorrow night. Our condo is being shown for the first time in ages tomorrow and Monday too. Woo Hoo. We love this place, but we''d so love to buy something much less expensive and be less married to a mega-mortgage. Please send PS Dust that we get a buyer soon?

Indy, I hope you had a great time at the BBQ tonight!

I''m sorry you lost so many pears to the storm Dragon. This storm just won''t go away will it? They just said on the news tonight it may hit the state for the 5th time in a week by Sunday. Fay wil surely be one for the record books!

I''m sorry you lost power Skippy. I hope you enjoy your Saturday morning walk to Einstein with your cousin in the morning!!

I had to laugh about you having a Birthday Week Charger. I think birthdays should be celebrated and it sounds like you certainly did!! Enjoy the gym this weekend.......

I hope your foot get''s better under with your new foot doctor Zoe. Your lunch at Wendy''s wasn''t really that bad, so I hope ou enjoyed every single bite!! Of course you wouldn''t want to do that every day, but once in a while you just have to indulge!

Have a great Saturday everyone. See you tomorrow.......

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, sending buckets of Real Estate selling dust!!! ::::::::::::sprinkle sprinkle:::::::::::::::::::::::

Charger, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! YAY FOR KAUAI
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I went shopping again tonight. I bought a denim skirt, a cardigan with fall leaves on it, a shirt and a smaller size of jeans. The jeans were from Dillards. I bought a pair about 2 months ago that are big now so I bought a smaller size and since they were on sale with 40% off they ended up being $12. The other things were from Christopher and Banks and they gave me the teacher discount again. Since I didn’t spend quite as much this time I only got $30 off but it was still a good deal.
Last fall was the first time I could buy regular sized clothes. Of course all of those clothes are gone now because they are way too big for me. How fun to get fall clothes – I always love skirts, jumpers and fall colors.
I have to tell you a funny about Marty. He is running some of the gear at the Democratic convention next week. Some lady has been making all the arrangement and relaying information to him and she told him he had a meeting tonight at 10 pm at the Pepsi Center with the secret service. When he got the permit to park today the lady told him to leave before 5 pm or else his truck would be impounded and towed. They are closing the parking lot down then to sweep for bombs and it will remain closed until the end of the convention. He told the lady about his meeting and she said “I don’t think so”. So he did some checking around and found out whenever his meeting was it certainly wasn’t at 10 pm tonight. If he’d gone back he probably would have been arrested trying to get in there. Aak!
Rod, you certainly deserve a great deal of praise for your weight loss and how you stick to your program both of eating and working out. Even now that you are crazy busy with work and Charlie has different hours than you but your still make sure you get in your workouts. I hope you are feeling better now. Mega PS dust coming your way for the buyer to fall in love with your place.
DeeJay, rats for having such a tough week. I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend.
IndyGirl, I hope you had fun at the BBQ/Bar tonight. I love Fridays too. I am not fond of that style of teaching either. Maybe he won’t be so bad once the semester gets going.
Dragonfly, rats for not having the day off. Sorry to hear about losing so many pears off your tree.
Skippy, rats for losing power for awhile. Glad to hear you had a nice visit with people you used to work with. What is your cousin teaching? I am anxious to get my classes started for fall.
ChargerGirl, woo hoo for celebrating your birthday all week. I’ve hear the Wii fit is great. If I didn’t already – I want to wish you Happy Birthday. Did you get any new jewelry?
Zoe, good luck with the new doctor. Be kind to your foot till it heals. Your lunch at Wendy’s doesn’t sound that bad at all.
Have a great weekend.
35.gif

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends!!!
glasses_hand2.gif
I am back from my 7 am walk! It is getting so cold out. My cousin and I sat and drank ice tea and noticed some hot air balloons in the sky!!! Her pool is coming along,yay, I can't wait to swim! I was talking to her and she wants to go on the tour of the Very Large Array with us in Oct. I will respond in a bit, I need to shower. heehee

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning All!

So lots of cancelling, no babysitting, no cycling...I''m going to work out at home this morning then we''re heading to Laguna to meet my parents and hang out for the day/evening.

Zoe, I am substituting again, I have a long term job set up to cover maternity for an aide that begins mid-September and things are going well. I am excited about having a steady position for a while, but will miss being in a general ed classroom. My name was mentioned as a possible LT sub for a teacher who is going on mat leave, but it won''t work because I''m already committed to the other job. I was certainly flattered, though, as the person who suggested me is highly respected at the school and just a really nice woman. How are things in the school world for you? How''s the foot?

Rod, enjoy your quiet day off. Lots of dust coming your way!

Marcy, hooray for smaller jeans!

Have a great day, everyone. Hope all our Floridians are safe.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday all!

Yesterday was quasi productive in that I had a closing (and it is ALWAYS GOOD to have a closing!
9.gif
) and then I zipped up to the gem show for a few (literally less than two... ) hours. I went through at record speed and nothing at all caught my eye. I did try on a pair of earrings at the very end because I felt like I should give *something* a shot, but no dice. Then I went over to another suburb to the American Crafts Exposition so I could give my new ring back to the designer to be sized. And then I came home. You''ll notice the suspicious lack of work out in that list of things I did yesterday...

Today I did 20 mins on the treadmill and 30 mins on the bike but then I had to bolt off to meet an early client. Tomorrow though, 65 mins on the elliptical I think!

We''re going to Ravinia tonight with one of my clients. I''ve lived in Chicago for 20 years (next month as a matter of fact!) and I''ve never been, but from what I understand it''s this big outdoor theater and you go and sit on the lawn and eat and drink and listen to the live show. I can''t even remember who the performer is tonight, but I''m sure we''ll have a good time.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I went to lunch. I always get the salmon club w/fries but this time I got the field greens w/grilled salmon, which is a better choice. I did have 5 small fries off hubbies plate. hehe
11.gif
Have a great Saturday

ROD how did the house showing go? I sent PS dust for it to sell! Yay for sushi last night!

MARCY Hi there, yay for all sorts of sales and new clothes and jeans Miss Skinny Minnie! Yikes, thank goodness Marty didn''t go back!

KIMI enjoy the day at Laguna w/your parents! I love Laguna, fun fun!

LORELEI how are the teeth? Hope you healed.
12.gif

DEE JAY have a wonderful time tonight at the outdoor theater!! Sounds nice! Darn to no good stuff at the show!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi.
35.gif
I hope everyone had a great day. Since there aren’t many posts most of you must at least be busy.
I went to school this morning and put together some packets for my internet class. I met my dad for his morning coffee break. Then I picked up my weakly supply of fruit, veggies and low fat ice cream. About then Marty was done with golf so we met for lunch.
This afternoon we chased around town with Marty’s parents looking at houses. They do a thing here every year called a parade of homes. We went to 8 houses. I told my in-laws I always liked doing this before but hated all the walking. Today I enjoyed burning off calories.
After that we went to the in-laws and had margaritas – strong ones. Then we went out and ate Mexican food and I ate chips, salsa, an enchilada and a taco.
11.gif
I don’t think I will weigh tonight. Okay you know me well enough to know I will but I won’t like what I see.
After supper we went out and walked around the mall.
Skippy, it is getting chilly in the morning. How fun you are lining up quite a crew for the VLA tour this fall. I love finding clothes on sale. I am glad you had a nice lunch with your husband today.
Kimi, I am sure you are going to be a highly demanded substitute. How long does it take to work in to full time status in your district? It usually takes about 2 to 4 years here.
DeeJay, congratulations on a closing. The last gem show I went too I came away a bit disappointed. I was hoping to find many things that I wanted and was sad to leave empty handed. Have a blast tonight at the outdoor theater. It was a very nice evening here.
Have a great Sunday.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Marcy for meeting your dear dad for lunch and having a productive day! We have Parade of Homes here too! hehe Great job on all the walking! Yum to Mexican food and drinks (maybe Linda will pop in since she loves Mexican)! Cheers friend
emcocktl.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heya..........I did enjoy my lazy quiet day yesterday. It was a perfect day to be lazy too, as we were still having rain from the tropical storm that just wouldn''t quit, FAY. I think all I managed to do was have a cup of coffee at Sbucks (looking at the oak, ''cause I couldn''t sit outside - LOL) and I did the grocery shopping. I had a nice healthy salad for dinner and never really turned on the PC to even read posts. Today, Charlies off and we''re having much nicer weather. We had breakfast on the terrace for the first time in while and soon we''ll be heading out for some lunch, coffee and a good long productive (I hope) workout. We''ll fix dinner at home tonight, but we''re not sure what that will be just yet.

Thanks for the PS dust for our condo showing yesterday. Our realtor said the couple absolutely loved it, but only time will tell if there is further interest from them. We knew when we listed our place that with a depressed real estate market, it will take time to get this place sold. Anyway, thanks again........We do have another showing tomorrow, so that''s at least a positive sign that maybe things are heating up a bit. Our place hadn''t even been shown the past two months.

Skippy, how terrific that it''s getting cool out your way. We would really love to have some ''cool'' our way, but alas, we''re still two months away from any kind of cool air heading down here.

Hey Marcy......Yay for regular size clothes, bargains and thanks for the kind words about my workout and weight loss results! We love parade of home tours. I''m glad you enjoyed it this time!

Hey Kimberly, I hope you enjoyed your evening with your parents! Thanks for the dust too!

I''ll check in later. Have a great Sunday everyone!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I got back from Costa Rica late last night. Trip was so fun and I also went to water aerobics on Friday. It was great since I was already laying out by the pool. It really was a great workout and everything is so much tougher with the water resisitance. I''m going to try to sneak in a walk/jog today. I also have to exercise this coming week b/c I will be wearing a bathing suit most of the weekend. I''ll post a few pics later in the week.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tonight I will be going for a walk, I am trying to get in as many walks as possible before fall comes around. I am such an outdoors girl that when that time comes I will have to head back to my gym. Hubby and I went to Whole Foods and bought some lean beef and chicken and grilled up food for a few days! We pulled out the charcol grill, mmmm mmmmm good!
18.gif
Hope all you wonderful people are having a FAB Sunday!!!!
35.gif

Apple, I can't wait to see your Costa Rica pictures, we missed you!

Rod, I have my fingers crossed they want the condo! Glad you spent some time with Charlie!

Hi There sweet beauitful Marcy!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from my walk with hubby, it was nice and cool out! Hope everyone has a wonderful evening and catch you all on Monday
1.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had such a nice day. After writing earlier, we went to Panera for lunch and then Sbucks under the oak. It was a cooler (by Florida in August standards at least - meaning not blistering hot) day, so we were able to actually sit outside and enjoy our coffee. I had my car washed, which after a week of rains from Tropical Storm Fay, was just horrendously dirty. Then we hit the gym around 3 PM and we worked our butts off! We didn''t leave the gym till after 6 PM, but it was so nice to workout with Charlie for a change. Dinner was baked salmon, steamed shrimp and steamed vegetables all bought at Fresh Market. It was a really good dinner, followed by a cup of decaf at Sbucks and we split a small donut for dessert. Tomorrow, we''ll meet after work for our Monday Sushi at favorite sushi spot #2.

Welcome back Apple! I''m glad you had such a nice trip and we''ll look forward to pics when you get the chance to post some!

I''m glad you and hubby enjoyed your walk this evening. I''m still jealous of the fact that it''s cool your way already.

See you all in next week''s thread!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all.

Just dropping in to say we''re all alive and well!

DH and I had an okay trip. Unfortunately, we went to a "beach" (a lake beach, but it''s sandy.) and the whole time it rained and was chilly. We didn''t get to swim at all but had a HUGE jacuzzi in our room that we stayed in until we were raisins. Our anniversary dinner ended up being pizza on the porch, but it was the best part of our trip. JT did great staying with nana and papa, he didn''t want to come home with us!

We also had a county fair this weekend so we went there yesterday. I was very good and only ate one corn dog and a bag of cotton candy. And, I was actually sickened looking at the deep-fried candy bars. That''s definitely a better feeling than the longing desire to eat the 10,000 calorie snack!

And, my hips are smaller...YAYAYAY! My pants were falling down really bad, so I gave them a little tug and got them off without unbuttoning them! That''s true inspiration!!!

Hope all of you are doing well!

Have a great tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
Well today went too fast for me. Marty played in a golf tournament (best ball) and they won. They were all excited so we all went out to dinner to celebrate. The entry fee was $35 and they each got a $35 to spend in the pro shop so they got tee shirts with the gift certificates. One guy hit a hole in one on the first shot and won $15,000. He was having a great day.
I worked on laundry, visited my parents and wandered around a few stores.
Skippy, the parade of homes are fun. I hope you’ll have lots of nice walks before the weather gets too cold. I do remember you still went walking last winter in some pretty cold weather – you are dedicated to taking your “Skippys”.
1.gif
Your grilled meats sound yummy. How wonderful to have some food already cooked for this week as well. Thanks for such a nice compliment (you made me smile and blush).
Rod, that’s great your realtor has another showing lined up already. Good luck PS dust blowing your way to sell your condo soon. Glad the weather is clearing. Now that Fay is moving on I have to tell you and Steph (and Dragonfly) it always rains and snows sideways here since it’s always windy here. You are very welcome for my comment on your rebuild Rod success. Yay for such a great workout tonight and having a clean car.
Appletini, glad you made it home safe and sound. I will look forward to seeing your pictures.
Somethingshiny, it sounds like you had a nice weekend. Congratulations for your pants literally falling off you. That is progress.
Well, I hope you all sleep well. Poor Marty has to get up at 4 am so he’ll have a short night’s sleep (which means I will too).
14.gif

See you in next week’s thread.
9.gif

Marcy

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 11:06:05 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Hey all
Well yesterday afternoon was spent preparing for the storm. We moved all of our potted plants either onto the porch or indoors. We also moved some other things that could go flying, such as lawn chairs, an antiquated bird cage I''m trying to find a plant for, the grill, rakes, shovels, and garden supplies. We did all the laundry, and went ahead and made some beans and peas so we have them and some chicken to have ready in the next few days. I''m a bit undecided about my horses. On the one hand, it''s safer for them to be out, but on the other, if our fences go down we''re SOL we don''t have the layering that we used to have on our larger property. So I''m back and forth on in or out for them. I am going out this afternoon and picking the h*** out of our fruit as it is all ready, and I don''t want to lose it all in the storm. It''s looking like we''ll get quite a bit of rain, and heavy winds. I''m mostly worried about tornadoes as we are on the top of a hill we won''t have flooding. Thank you everyone for the safe wishes for our state. Got up this morning, picked as many pears as I could reach without a ladder, fed the horses, picked up around the barn then went in and did core rhythms for an hour. Breakfast was a pear, yogurt and kashi go lean crunch mixed in to the yogurt. Lunch is going to be a salad with craisins and chicken.

Skippy - don''t you ward away fall, I love fall!!
32.gif

Dee- I hope you feel better
Rod - pls keep safe today, it''s moving inland rather fast.
dragonfly: Is this the Core Rhythms I see on infomercials? It looks so fun but I just didn''t know if I was willing to spend $100 for it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results