shape
carat
color
clarity

Would a 7.7mm round fit into this 7X& cushion halo mount (pic included)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Do any experts on board know if a diamond measuring 7.7mm in diameter could fit properly into this mount which is made for a 7X7 cushion shape?
Thanks

012c.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Anyone??

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Can''t comment on the fit (maybe buy the setting if it has a return policy and bring it to a jeweler?), but I have to say that a round would look gorgeous in that setting! I have soft spot for round stones in square halos.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi Beau,
I have just purchased the same mount and am having a coloured stone set in it.
The vendor said to me specifically only a cushion within 7 - 7.2mm and 4 deep will fit.
I imagine you could have a jeweller alter the inner bexel though, and then it will work.

Lol, at this rate everyone on PS will own one of these rings !
5.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you are going to have to take the setting to a professional to know for sure unfortunately.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 1:48:25 AM
Author: arjunajane
Hi Beau,
The vendor said to me specifically only a cushion within 7 - 7.2mm and 4 deep will fit.
I imagine you could have a jeweller alter the inner bexel though, and then it will work.

5.gif
Thanks for the reply..the vendor did tell me he could make this same setting to accommodate my larger diamond..and for about $350..might have to jump at that offer! I can't believe that setting sold for $232, what a steal! Can you post pics of the ring when you get it arjunajane, so I can see the quality of the diamonds? Thanks

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I want one too! Please tell me the vendor.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 7:36:28 AM
Author: beau13

Date: 8/22/2008 1:48:25 AM
Author: arjunajane
Hi Beau,

5.gif
Thanks for the reply..the vendor did tell me he could make this same setting to accommodate my larger diamond..and for about $350..might have to jump at that offer! I can't believe that setting sold for $232, what a steal! Can you post pics of the ring when you get it arjunajane, so I can see the quality of the diamonds? Thanks
I surely will, but Lauren The Partier has a thread already with pics and her experience if you're interested. I am going to of course reserve judgement until I receive it, but Lauren seems happy enough with hers..
If it all checks out, definately a steal
2.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/question-for-coloured-gem-crew.92348/page-2

beau13

Ideal_Rock
The pics Laurenthepartier posted were this ring setting (Lord of gems)? WOW..her pics are great. For $350 I''m definitely having him make one to fit my diamond..you can''t beat the price, and it looks just as good as other settings I''ve seen selling for 5 times that price. Besides..people will only notice how HUGE a diamond is on my hand, once it''s all set!
18.gif
I would have snapped up the one on E-bay last night, and was willing to bid as high as $500, until the Vendor told me my 7.7mm round wouldn''t fit! Lucky lady for snatching up that bad boy for less than $300!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 12:43:31 PM
Author: beau13
The pics Laurenthepartier posted were this ring setting (Lord of gems)? WOW..her pics are great. For $350 I''m definitely having him make one to fit my diamond..you can''t beat the price, and it looks just as good as other settings I''ve seen selling for 5 times that price. Besides..people will only notice how HUGE a diamond is on my hand, once it''s all set!
18.gif
I would have snapped up the one on E-bay last night, and was willing to bid as high as $500, until the Vendor told me my 7.7mm round wouldn''t fit! Lucky lady for snatching up that bad boy for less than $300!
I got mine for just under $300 including sizing, so I was kicking myself for not jumping on one of the buy it now settings for $249.
3.gif

My finished ring will be done today, so I''ll take a photoshoot and post it over in Colored Gems.
1.gif

The quality of the setting is good (not great - needed some serious polishing work when it arrived) - the gold is real, diamonds are real(according to my jeweler), but the finishing hasn''t been done well - under the basker, it looks like it came straight out of the cast. But, with some modifications from a skilled jeweler - you''ll have a fantastic finished product!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 9:48:25 AM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
We can do lunch again with Katie and I''ll show it to you.
2.gif

Or, you know - a PS GTG like I should have planned ages ago.
3.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for replying Lauren, I will look forward to seeing your ring pics. I didn''t expect the setting to look like a Leon Or Whiteflash piece, but then again, I''m not setting a 4 carat flawless diamond, and Lord of Gem rings look pretty darn good to the naked eye. I know my family and friends would not know the difference between a Leon setting or a Lord of Gem setting, and would surely not appreciate the substantial price difference! PS''ers notice details like the gallery or basekt of the ring, however..the general public do not! I''ll wait for your pics to sell me completely (since I''m not in the market to reset my ring), however, at this price, I might buy it and keep it for that sudden, unexpected urge to reset my diamond!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been looking at that same setting for my 7mm cushion sapphire

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 1:29:28 PM
Author: autumngems
I''ve been looking at that same setting for my 7mm cushion sapphire
Well..the sapphire would look fabulous in that setting too! Why not, go for it !

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 1:10:07 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

2.gif

3.gif
I know! I was thinking that! Hopefully I''ll have a new pretty to show off.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 5:30:13 PM

Date: 8/22/2008 1:10:07 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

2.gif

3.gif
I know! I was thinking that! Hopefully I''ll have a new pretty to show off.
Whoa, a new pretty, eh? When should you be gettinng it? I say we plan a PS GTG in celebration of your new pretty!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure. All these pesky car repairs keep messing up my budget!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results