shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 18th August till 24th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 1:56:55 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 8/19/2008 1:31:12 PM

Author: bee*

Hi everyone, sorry I haven''t been posting regularly, have been so so busy in work. I went back to WW last week and had my weigh in today and am down 7 pounds
36.gif
36.gif
I''m really in shock as I went over my points a few nights as we''ve had a lot of parties recently! Glad to see that everyone is doing well!
Yay, send some of that WW dust this way! hehe Great job!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I will Skippy! Throwing lots of dust your way!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woman plans; the gods laugh.

So today I was all excited to go and do this particular class at the big gym starting at 10:00 am and this agent on the other side of one of my deals called and said the bank (it's a foreclosure) absolutely HAD to have a particular piece of paper in their hand in an hour.
29.gif
So of course I drop everything and do take care of this thing, and I missed the beginning of the class by 5 mins so I didn't go.
39.gif
I did however go over to my regular small gym and try to do my own "class" where I did the elliptical for 10 mins, did all the arm machines and some ab work, 10 more mins on the elliptical, squats and lunges and more abs, and finally 10 last mins on the elliptical. If that sounds stupid please don't anyone tell me!
3.gif
It took a full hour and I do definitely feel it in my arms already.

I'm also thrilled to say that today it MUCH MUCH MUCH better than yesterday. But the day IS still young...

Hope all you poor Floridians are doing OK down there!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Another fly-by, that''s how it is lately.....

JT''s feeling good again, yay! DH and I are going out of town on Thurs for our anniversary.

My family put up 118 bags of corn, that''s always a good time....I don''t even eat corn! And, what''s more, the way we plant is so that we get corn from the first of August through about the middle of September, so we''ll have more corn to put up before we''re done.

I''ve been doing a ton of yard work lately. In fact, I was outside so long, I burnt the tops of my feet! But, I''ve gotten in some good yardwork-outs.

Have a great tomorrow!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

It was a busy day; I''m back at school getting my room ready for the beginning of school next week. I WISH summer didn''t have to end. I love the cool, crisp days of fall though, so I''m happy that if summer HAS to end, it will be because fall is right around the corner. Plus, my birthday is in the fall.

I went to the gym today to do cardio, and I''m realizing more and more that swimming is probably better for me than other things. Bummer. I know I''ve talked about this before, but my right foot has been bothering me a lot when I use it repetitively (like the treadmill and even the ellipitical). I made an appt. with a foot doc for Thursday. I saw one last year who fitted me for orthodics, but they haven''t helped at all. So we''ll what this new doctor says. I mentioned it in another thread, but I''d love to be able to do the Couch to 5K someday -- when I get in better shape and once I get this foot thing figured out. If you''re not familair with the program, check it out: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

Zoe, I''m so sorry your foot is bothering you! Hope you''re enjoying pulling your classroom together for the beginning of school. My district started today and I''m subbing all week. It was a fun first day back.

SDL, happy anniversary.

Charger, I missed that it was your B-Day, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it was great.

Indy, having a supporive partner makes a big difference. DH doesn''t mind my rolling out of bed at 5a.m. to get ready for a bike ride, cooks more than half the time and makes sure it''s healthy, etc. It''s really nice to have his support. A friend of his recently called and was asking about my exercise routine, she then relayed that her husband had expressed that I was "too skinny" and he thought I should gain some weight. I thought this rather odd as I am well within the healthy range for my height, and I''m not even close to skinny. People worry, and say strange things as a result.

So after school I got in an hour on the elliptical. I need a shower before dinner. I think we''re having beef brisket and brussel sprouts, it''s a "b" happy dinner!

Have a great rest of the day all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone..........We're fine. The storm completely missed us here in Tampa. I got up at 6 AM this morning and looked outside and we hadn't even had a drop of rain. It wasn't windy. It was calm as could be. So I turned on the TV and saw that the storm came in well below us and was heading directly up the middle of the state. I am a bit worried about Steph tonight as it was heading right for Orlando. It's still a potent tropical storm with sustained winds of 65 miles per hour, but the real worry is tornadoes. So Steph, if you have power, please check in and let us know you're OK?? Dragon, are you all OK? I'm not exactly sure where in Florida you are??

I did make it to the gym tonight. Charlie was off and we decided I should come home after work and help put all the patio furniture back out. We have 4 terraces, so we had stuff all over our condo, including the bedroom and I managed to stub my toe getting out of bed in the middle of the night, so I really wanted the stuff back outside as soon as possible. I'll go to the gym tomorrow night and Thursday night to make up for missing tonight.

Since I had baked a whole chicken last night, we had a nice dinner all ready for tonight. Then we went out to Sbucks for a cup of coffe, so it's actually been a really nice evening!

Marcy thanks for your concern! Here's my list of watches (all purchased during the days when we had money - LOL):

Baume and Mercier
Jageur Le Coutre
Rado
Raymond Weil
Daniel Mink
Tommy Bahama
Swiss Army
Tag Heuer

Bee*, I'm so proud of you for being down 7 pounds!! Go Bee* Go!!

Happy Anniversary SDL (is it OK if I call you Michelle?) and yay to you too for being down 1.8 pounds!!! We'll all look forward to seeing the vintage piece you get yourself for hitting your target weight!!

Hey Indy and thanks for safe hurricane dust!!

Hey you "KID" Skippy! I hope you had a great walk with your cousin........And thanks for your concern too my special friend!

And thanks for the dust from you too dear Lorelei! I enjoyed Dark Knight too. I'm sorry Charlie hated it so much. To atone for making him sit through it, I have to go to the new Woody Allen movie with him and I'm not a big fan of his work. As long as I can have some popcorn, I'll be fine.......LOL

I hope you and hubby enjoy your Anniversary trip this weekend SS!!

Zoe, it's funny to hear anyone talk about summer ending. We live in the land of perpetual summer and for us, the first cool weather won't poke it's head near us till about the end of October. We can't wait for that first cool front to come our way. Otherwise, nothing much else changes. The leaves don't fall. There are no pumpkin patches or apple orchards either. Fall is about the only northern season I miss to be honest.

Hey Kimberly. Yumm to brisket. We had brussle sprouts tonight too. I used to absolutely HATE them, but Charlie loves them and I have at least grown tolerant of them..........

I hope I said hi to everyone. If I missed you, it wasn't on purpose. Thanks again for all the concern for your friends in Florida.

Steph and Dragon, please check in as soon as you can.........

Hey you "KID" Skippy! I hope you had a great walk with your cousin........And thanks for your concern too my special friend!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from my walk!
9.gif
I forgot to mention my pants are feeling loose, not for the next size down but getting there! hehe Sweet dreams all!
35.gif

Rod, wow, you guys have a lot of patios! Must be gorgeous, glad you are home safe friend and thanks for calling me kid, music to my ears!!! hehe Hope you kiddos sleep well!

D, yay for the workout!

SS, glad JT is feeling better, wow that is a lot of corn! My grandma had corn fields but I don''t think I ever helped with them, just fed the pigs!

Zoe, hope you are having a blast a school! sorry about the foot!

Kimi, did you ride bikes today too! Yay!

Bee, thanks for the dust!!! hehe Yay again!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for having your studs back Michelle! Did you eat already? I just had grapes as a snack just now. hehe

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I went to the mall after supper and wandered around for awhile. My only purchase was a small dish of frozen yogurt. It was quite tasty.
IndyGirl, my classes start next week. I am going to savor my last few days of leisure. That’s a nice compliment from you BF that he noticed you are getting smaller. My lip is a lot better tonight. Yippee!
Dragonfly, sounds like you were really busy preparing for the storm. I hope everything is okay with you.
SanDiegoLady, I am so sorry to hear you aren’t getting enough sleep. Marty has problems sleeping enough and I know it’s hard on you. Happy Anniversary!
Skippy, that’s great you can take your healthy popcorn to the movies with you. Thanks for the compliments on my new jewelry. Glad you had a great walk this evening.
Hi Linda! Sorry you have to sleep with ear plugs but I hope they work for you. Poor Marty put up with my snoring like a cheap saw for years. I don’t snore anymore and we’re both glad.
Bee, congratulations for being down 7 pounds.
36.gif
That is awesome.
DeeJay, glad to hear your day is going better than yesterday. It sounds like you had a nice workout.
Julianna, happy anniversary!
Zoe, have fun getting your class ready for fall. Good luck with the right foot.
Kimi, glad to hear you are back subbing already.
Rod, glad you guys didn’t have any hurricane issues. I too hope Steph and Dragonfly are okay. Isn’t it great to have supper almost ready for you when you get home? Marty liked your watch list. See when we come to Tampa you guys can all eat sushi and compare watches.
Have a great evening and a wonderful Wednesday.
Marcy

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 11:37:54 PM
Author: marcyc

Is it my anniversary?
9.gif
I wish it was! It's gotta be the anniversary of something....let me think...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2008 8:26:22 AM
Author: Julianna

Is it my anniversary?
9.gif
I wish it was! It''s gotta be the anniversary of something....let me think...
D''oh! How about Happy Wednesday then?
9.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 8:49:17 AM

Date: 8/20/2008 8:26:22 AM
Author: Julianna

Is it my anniversary?
9.gif
I wish it was! It''s gotta be the anniversary of something....let me think...
D''oh! How about Happy Wednesday then?
9.gif
Happy Wednesday it is!! And to you too!
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy wednesday anniversary Jules!!!
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Bleh. Root canals sux, I am back....
14.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Wednesday all! Not much to report Healthy Lifestyle-wise, I have stopped counting calories this week & focused on portions mainly, but will go back to counting calories next week. It just gets so mundane & adds a chore to eating sometimes. Did my regular treadmill routine last night, then hit the books. Law school is terrible in that you are expected to have reading done before the first day of class! Inhumane! I am seriously dreading my Accounting class tomorrow...I haven''t done any math in about 5 years! Sounds like everyone so far has been safe from Fay Ray & that it didn''t turn into a huge hurricane as predicted...I guess the PS dust did it''s magic!

Dragon - I hope your horsies are okay! They are such beautiful creatures. It sounds like you''re getting great workouts in with your hurricane preparation & core stuff - Good job!

Skippy - I live in the Midwest, in Indianapolis. Yeah, I saw the butter station & was thinking no wonder Indiana consistently has some of the "fattest" cities in the country! Sometimes you just have to save people from themselves, or at least not encourage that type of butter consumption! That''d be awesome to be able to bring in food! I have some huge purses I could probably sneak some food in with, but I don''t know if the usher would take it & make me leave. Healthcare Org. Accounting is supposedly a dreadful class, according to 2nd year students. I am not horrible at math, but I definitely don''t enjoy it like some people, and spreadsheets & Excel are like the plague to me! I am in law school but am getting a joint degree with a Masters of Health Administration. It adds a year to my graduate schooling, but I hope to get a better job when I get out. Yay for pants being looser! That''s the best feeling!

SDL - Hope you got more sleep! I''ve had un-hungry days as well. I love Olive Garden! Their salad is sooo yummy.

Bee - That''s awesome! Good job! I''m glad that WW is working for you...have you found it to be user-friendly?

DeeJay - Sorry you weren''t able to go to your class, but your circuit training sounds great! It burns calories & keeps your heartrate up!
36.gif

SS - My family loves corn & always trys to buy it from those farmers who sell from Walgreens parkings lost whenever possible. Yardwork is a great workout.

Zoe - I love Fall''s cool days too, but Indiana winters are just horrible it''s hard to enjoy them without snow on my mind. Sorry about your foot problems; I have terribly flat feet - seriously, no arch whatsoever - & I''ve had some problems with that as well. That Couch to 5k program looks awesome...maybe I will do it with you!

Kimberly - Yes, BF is very supportive & I wish we lived in the same town because we could join a gym & do our workouts together. I don''t like going anywhere alone in the city, so I have avoided a gym thus far. I *hate* it when people say "too skinny" because it''s obviously not a compliment but you feel like you can''t have any sort of negative reaction to it because being thin isn''t a bad thing.
20.gif
Maybe your DH''s friend''s husband just said you were too skinny to make his wife feel better/more secure about herself?

Rod - Glad to hear you''re okay! I heard that Tampa just got some wind & nothing bad happened, so that''s great! Being from Indiana I know all about tornado warnings, so ~*~*~DUST for no tornadoes!~*~*~

Marcy - What type of classes will you be taking? I find that I either lose a lot of weight when school starts because I am so busy I don''t have time to sit around & eat in front of the TV like durign the summer. Good to hear your battlewound is healing nicely.

Have a great day all!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all, we are doing well here. I am in the Gainesville area, so we haven''t gotten too bad yet, but it is turning our way, just a waiting game right now EEK lol. we have started getting bands though as of around 2 this morning (I woke up to some heavy rain). Last night I stripped the lowest branches of our pear tree in hopes of saving some fruit. I plan to hit up the medium branches (what''s left) after the storm, or this afternoon if things aren''t too bad. I did some tae bo this morning, and then ordered 3 new workout dvds (biggest loser cardio, jillian michaels 30 day and a pilates dvd) because I''m bored and need more cardio. It''s hard to jog in the rain jeesh. Anyways
Rod I''m glad to hear you guys didn''t get much. It was bad bad bad in Palm Beach County and Melbourne area. We have family there, and the polo grounds in Wellington are pretty torn up.
Dee - your work out sounds like it was a great challenge! WTG for making your own class for yourself.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It was an ''uber'' long day for sure. I got up extra early, but I''m not sure why. I hate getting up when it''s still dark outside. That just seems wrong, IMHO.......LOL I worked very hard and set up some interviews for a couple of my candidates, so that was good. I left the office at 6 PM and headed directy to the gym, got on the gym floor at 6:20 and left the gym around 9 PM. I had a really good and productive workout, but man was it ever hot in the gym tonight. It was crowded and with all the people working out hard, it really raises the temperatures in the evenings. I certainly worked up a major sweat myself. Dinner was left over chicken and steamed veggies. I''m going to the gym again tomorrow night, then taking two days off to let my muscles recover, so I''ll work out really hard tomorrow night to stress them a bit harder.

YAYAYAY for loose pants Skippy! When I was losing all my weight (seems like a long time ago, but it really wasn''t), I actually did buy some pants that were smaller than I was. It gave me something to work towards. After all, I wasn''t going to spend that money and then let them just sit in my closet forever. So I worked as hard as I could to get to the smaller size and it worked!

Hey Marcy, do you guys have a natural tart frozen yogurt place yet? It''s not like regular frozen yogurt, like TCBY. If you do, you''ll be hooked! If you two ever come to Tampa, it would be great to have sushi together and then come back to our place and I could show Marty my small watch collection! Sounds like a plan to me!!!

Since it''s not your Anniversary.......Happy Wednesday Julianna!!

Oh my Lorelei. I agree completely. Root canals suck. I hope you''re doing OK. Take care dear friend........

I''m sorry you''re dreading your accounting class Indy. I probably would too. I agree that counting calories can be a royal pain in the patooty. When I embarked on Rebuild Rod, I started counting calories, but gave up and concentrated on portion sizes and the actual foods themselves. I cut out pizza and anything fried. I increased my fiber and protein intake. I lowered my carbs and made sure Rod had regular feedings and voila, I lost about 63 pounds and my body fat went from over 33% to about 15%.

Dragon, I''m glad to know where in our state you''re actually located. The last I heard, the storm was going to head into the Atlantic and head back to Florida towards you? I hope it changes it''s mind and just keeps on heading out to sea. Take care and let us know how you''re doing, OK?

Steph......where are you? Are you guys OK??

It''s now after 11 and I need to get to bed, so I can start all over again tomorrow. Sleep well everyone.......

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Rod, you are an inspiration . . . 63 pounds! And your energy to go, go, go with work, working out, and home life are also inspirational.

Dragonfly, let us know how your pear tree is in the morning! And I''m excited to hear a review of the DVDs.

Zoe, I hope everything checks out with your foot tomorrow.

Bee, congrats on seven pounds!

I''ve been alternating running and The Firm with one break day (Sat or Sun), but I think I''m overdoing it. My hip hurts and I got a minor shin splint, and I think maybe three days on, one day off is more sustainable. I just like having a set schedule each week (that doesn''t involve working out on both weekend days), and I don''t like doing either weights or running only twice in one week. But I''m a big believer in listening to your body, and also mixing things up. My body''s probably a little bored with my routine . . . I know my brain is!

I''m sure my 3 pound gain/snugger shorts is at least some muscle . . . no way to know the exact ratio. But I just don''t think it''s all fat because I''ve been working out so hard, and I can see pretty cool back/tricep muscles when flexing for the first time (but never really looked before so maybe they were there all along).

I know I''m more fit cardiovascularly because when I do Firm videos, I catch a breath during the cardio. Isn''t that funny? It''s just hard to do heavy weights, especially four-limb stuff, with about a five second transition. But I used to huff and puff during the cardio too and now it''s, "Thank goodness we''re doing this easy cardio so I can catch my breath." I''m suring running has a lot to do with that.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
Well tonight was a warm up for the start of school next week. I left work at 3:30, went to a class at the school for our new internet platform and then attended the annual adjunct meeting. Needless to say I was bored out of my tiny mind for 3 hours. I already have my internet class online so I helped people setting near me while the instructor helped other students. Then I went to the adjunct meeting; since I’ve taught there for 19 years I really don’t need instructions on how to do things. Oh well, I tried to make brownie points with my dean. Speaking of brownies I did pick up one to eat at the orientation but it was dried out and not tasty so I just threw it away. No sense wasting calories on bad brownies. I did find out one tidbit of good news they are going to pay us monthly instead of at midterm and the end of the semester.
My dad has been over chatting with the owner of the tire dealer who didn''t balance the tires we bought from them and they are going to pay us back the $50 we paid the other dealer. Woo hoo! My dad has buddies all over town and he has given this one dealer a lot of business over the years so I am sure that is why they agreed to pay us back.
Julianna, thanks for the Happy Wednesday.
Lorelei, sorry to hear your root canal is so awesome. Bug HUGS to you. I have a cleaning in the morning which doesn’t seem so bad compared to what you’ve been doing through.
IndyGirl, the only reason I know you have to read some chapters before class at law school is from watching “Legally Blonde”. You’ll do fine at math. I teach astronomy for our local community college. My battle wound is much better.
Dragonfly, I hope the rains haven’t been too bad for you.
Rod, glad you had a great workout tonight. That is great you worked hard to get in to those smaller pants hanging in your closet. We do not have a frozen tart yogurt place but I am sure I would love it. I’ll have to watch for one when we are in Denver. I wouldn’t rule out a trip to Tampa someday – you just never know. If we do come that way I will for sure let you know. It was be so much fun to meet you and Charlie.
No Skippy tonight? Rats. Hi Skippy!
Have a great Thursday. I start off the day in the dentist chair – yuck!
14.gif

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PhoenixGirl, we must have posted at the same time. Good idea to listen to your body. I hope your hip and shin splints feel better soon.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Thursday all! The best thing about Thursday & that tomorrow is FRIDAY! I have my dreaded accounting class tonight, so I''ll let you know the tone of the class. The professor is the director of my program, so I definitely want to impress him. Had a non-healthy day yesterday - well, not *too* bad - had a chicken wrap for lunch & spageddios for dinner. I know, I know SPAGEDDIOS, but I just had no energy after running around & work all day & wanted something with the least amount of effort possible. At least it was the plain kind & not the one with the "meat"balls.

Dragon - Good to hear you''re doing well thus far. Tae Bo sounds like fun!

Rod - I hate getting up when it''s dark outside too! I find that I am in such a worse mood during the "dark seasons" because psychologically I think I should still be sleeping! Yay for all your long workouts! 63 pounds = incredible! Your hardwork is really paying off. I''ve liked portion control so far; calorie counting is more of "what can''t I have?" whereas portion control (for me) is more about "what can I have?" I really want to measure my body fat...do you use scales at your gym?

Phoenix - Changing up your routine is a wonderful way to get remotivated & see results. I know there have been some studies about muscle memorization & they pretty much say that changing it up is crucial for faster results overall. I think there are workouts designed especially based on that concept, but they are expensive & require too much equipment for me! Maybe I should look into The Firm...

Marcy - Oh, you TEACH classes lol This whole time I thought you meant you were taking them! That''s great! Good news about your tire refund too! I think "Legally Blonde" is the reference point for many people about law school! That professor that kicked her out of class is actually not very much off some of the ones I see at school.
20.gif
I never planned to be an attorney or go to law school growing up, so my family often teases me that I am like her because I just "decided to go to law school one day." haha

Have a great day all!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Rod. Thanks for asking about me my friend! Sorry I didn''t get on, things have been crazy. My parents are actually in town this week storm and all. Fay keeps hanging around here and it was actually the worst last night as we had high winds, lots of rain and a little flooding here at our house, but not too much. I think it just came in through this huge arched window we have in our dining room since it was literally raining sideways. Glad it bypassed you guys!
Hope everyone is doing well and I am going to catch up with posts a little later!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Still have power HOORAY! Lol. The main bands are starting to move over us and we''re expecting the eye tonight or tomorrow morning I think. All of our schools have closed today and tomorrow. JOY. Hey, maybe I"ll get a day to lounge and work out tomorrow
31.gif
But srsly, I wish it would hurry up and leave. I got up and did a really really hard Gilad work out, with aerobics, side lunges, weighted side lunges, squats, side planks with twist and lots of ab work. I plan to do yoga and some cardio work tonight.
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Greetings from Costa Rica! Just a quick flyby. I have managed to squeeze in a little bit of exercise...I did water arobics two mornings in a row, and today I did the zipline so that involved a bit of hiking.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ahh, I spoke too soon I guess. Fay came back around and hit us hard today and is still doing so. Our dining room is flooding and our fence in the back is down in 3 sections. But we do still have power, so that is a good thing. Anyway, will check in later...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Stephanie, I hope you and your family are safe and dry. The fires last October made me realize how quickly things can be damaged, and how unimportant things are in comparison to personal safety and health. Thinking of you and yours.

Indy, hope your class goes well tonight.

Rod, you''re so gymtastic. I wish I had the drive to exercise as long as you do.

Skip, hooray for loose pants. I haven''t rode bikes in a while, but I''m going to Saturday morning.

Marcy, I love frozen yoggie! Mmmm mmmm good!

So I didn''t work out yesterday, but I didn''t eat a whole lot either. Just a caprese salad and a roll for dinner. J and I did a power walk this afternoon, we''re having snapper for dinner. Tomorrow I''m babysitting, so no exercise except what I do with the kids. On Sunday J and I are going to check out our local YMCA and will most likely join. I''m really excited to be doing this together, it will be great for his stress and I really enjoy the gym so it will be awesome for me too!

Have a great evening all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I went out and bought a skirt, jacket and decorative tee shirt tonight to wear on my first night of class. They had a teacher’s day so I got $50 off my purchase. I also got a sleeveless denim vest.
IndyGirl, I hope the accounting teacher isn’t too scary for you. Did you submit a video like Elle did in the movie? Ha ha. That was pretty funny.
Steph, sorry to hear you are having some problems with rain and wind. Stay safe.
Dragonfly, I hope you don’t have too much rain and wind from the storm. Enjoy your couple of days off. Stay safe.
Appletini, have a blast in Costa Rica.
Kimi, I hope you and John like the Y. I know a lot of people that are members here and enjoy the classes. I am sure you’ll burn off a lot of calories following around the kids.
Hi Lorelei and Skippy,
Rod, I hope you are safe.
Well, have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry this has to be soooo shot, but it''s after 11 and I''m just completely pooped at this point.

Thanks for all the kudo''s on my weight loss and stick-to-it workout schedule. I was dragging today, but still managed to go to the gym and have a very good workout. I was actually not really feeling that well, but working out can make me feel better, so I''m glad I went. We had salads for dinner, then I had two pieces of Lindt Dark Chocolate for dessert. Tomorrow''s Friday......YAYAYAY. Charlie works till 6, so we''re going to have our normal Friday night sushi.

Steph, I''m so sorry you''ve got flooding from Fay in your dining room. We had a similar situation in our last house with a fierce tropical storm and water coming in our family room windows from driving sideways rain. We had to have all the windows resealed inside and out, drwyall repair and repaiting and the baseboards and window trim had to be replaced too. Even though we had lived in that house nearly 3 years, our builder did all the repair work for free! You guys take care. Fay just doesn''t want to move away and they said on the news that you''ll be feeling her for the next couple days still.

Again, I''m sorry I can''t write each of you personally. Rod is tired and needs some sleep bad........

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t rememer the last time I posted (it''s been one helluva week... ). Yesterday I did 65 mins on the dreadmill, which is a good thing because then I had a burger with feta on top and fries for lunch, and then pasta in cream sauce for dinner (have I mentioned how bad this week is???). Today I did 65 mins on the elliptical. From a calorie stand point I''ve been good but everything I''ve eaten has come out of a package. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

''Night all...

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
HAPPY FRIDAY ALL! Fridays are so great! I have a BBQ/bar night tonight, so we''ll see how healthy my night is...it''s a back-to-school get together thing, so I''m not stressing about it too much. I had some whole wheat spaghetti last night & ran a bit but I was completely exhausted after my class that didn''t end until about 8:50!
7.gif

Steph - OMG! I''m sorry to hear about your flooding & damage. I''m glad everyone is safe & you still have your power.

Dragon - Good to hear you still have power, too! Fay just needs to leave! I would hate being cooped up in the house.

Appletini - YAY for Costa Rica - I bet it''s lovely! Be sure to take lots of PS-worthy pics! Water aerobics & ziplining in CR sounds amazing! I''m glad you''re having a good time.

Kimberly - My class was alright; I am definitely not looking forward to going there every week, though. Many of my classmates are older & have been working for several years & have a very good grasp on Accounting concepts. I will need to claim one to help me soon before all the good ones are taken.
1.gif
Joining the YMCA together sounds great!

Marcy - LOL no, no video here...then again, I don''t go to Harvard
2.gif
I couldn''t imagine going there just because of the student class dynamic that must be present. I already hate the competitive nature of my school & it''s not Ivy League at all. The problem I already have with the professor is that he says he will treat us like his "CFOs" & he is our "boss." I find that very disturbing, as it signals to me that he wants to have the power & control instead of being partners in our education. He also said that we wouldn''t walk out of a meeting in the real world so if he goes over on time in class that we can''t leave either!
7.gif

Deejay - I eat almost everything out of a package as well...it''s just too difficult for me to cook fresh recipes everyday when I have work & school & live alone. I have been checking the nutrition on those packages more closely than before, though.

Rod - Lindt & sushi = yummy! Keep up the good work & stay dry!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! DAY OFF?!?! No no no, apparently our county doesn''t believe in that. I think the people with outdoor labors are the only people off. I''m at work
7.gif
We lost 100 ish pears out of the tree last night
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results