shape
carat
color
clarity

a chunky 1.52 cushion to call my own :-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
After searching high and low for several weeks, I stumbled across the cushion I''ve been looking for. Many thanks to PS and its members. I learned more than I ever thought I''d learn about the four C''s and beyond and how to prioritize them. Were it not for all the posts of the gorgeous rings in the warmer colors and lower clarity -- but eye clean, of course! -- I would have never found my cushion because I wouldn''t have broadened my search beyond D-F, VS2 or better (not that I''d ever turn down such a diamond if offered to me!). Armed with your collective knowledge and a determination to find something I''d be honored to wear for the rest of my life within budget, I found:

1.52 cushion brilliant, G/SI2
7.35 x 6.64 x 4.24
Depth: 63.9%
Table: 58%
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick, faceted
Culet: LARGE!
18.gif

Polish: VG
Symmetry: G
Flour: None

I waited at home with baited breath for the FedEx guy. When I ripped open the package and spied the diamond propped up on its temporary holder, I was beyond thrilled. And when my awesome boyfriend, who has patiently endured my neurotic obsession these last few weeks, came home and saw my gigantic kool-aid smile, he could not have been more pleased.
1.gif

cushion2107451.JPG

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
its GORGEOUS!!! Yummy is right!
18.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
pic #2... sorry, this is the first time I''ve taken pictures of a diamond. I need some photog lessons!

cushion2107452.JPG

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
pic #3... I gotta learn how to put all the images in a single post too!

cushion2107453.JPG

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
wow!! that cushion is Beautiful!! do you already know how you''re going to set it??

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
18.gif
Yum yum!
18.gif
That''s beautiful!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, julesbeth, vita*dolce, and Ninama!

It''s getting appraised tomorrow afternoon and then it''s off to Leon for his classic solitaire setting. I''ll be sad to part with it for the next four to six weeks while Leon works his magic. But hopefully the finished ring will be back in time for my birthday at the end of September... (*crossing fingers*)

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Beautiful, beautiful stone ! Such a great find, I''m an SI2 cushion owner as well. Congratulations and best of luck !

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Panda, it''s a beauty!!
30.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous cushion!!

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I love it!!!! I can''t wait to see the finished product!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its stunning! Really really fabulous!!!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
NOW THAT IS A CHUNKY STONE!! Beautiful!
30.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oh yummers! Check out the cutlet on that baby!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
absolutely beautiful. *drool* it even came in the little makshift ring thing? that is really gonna give more of a taste for what it will be like in your setting. dont forget to post pics of the finished product

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY MOLY, that rock is possibly the most beautiful thing I''ve ever seen! If I were to change stones, THAT''S what I''d want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! It''s sooooooooooooooo pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely can not wait to see it set in a Leon masterpiece!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
That''s really beautiful! And the Leon setting will look stunning with it! Congrats on the great find!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that stone, it''s absolutely stunning.

Where is it from?

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone, for your kind words! I''ll definitely post pictures after the diamond is set.

Addy, I found the stone at James Allen. My search actually brought me full circle. I first wanted a "modern" stone but with chunky facets. When I had trouble finding one, I started looking at antique diamonds because they had the appearance I wanted. Then, I stumbled upon this one while cruising around on JA''s website. Though a "modern" stone, it looks very much like the antique cushions I liked -- that open culet gets me every time!
16.gif
I hesitated with the SI2 at first but the GIA report''s diagram of the diamond only noted a feather and a crystal near the edge of the stone and when I inquired about it, JA said it was a beautiful SI2, completely eye clean, no dark inclusions, and the two inclusions it had were barely noticeable when the stone was louped. I stared at it from every angle after I received and couldn''t see a thing! I''m crossing my fingers and hoping that tomorrow the appraiser will tell me it''s as great as it looks!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
It is a BEAUTY!
30.gif

Congratulations, and I hope you get it back on your finger real soon!

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
It really does look like an antique stone! Great job - it''s gorgeous and I can''t wait to see it set.
36.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
That cushion is a beauty! I can''t wait to see it set in a lovely Leon! Congrats!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone! Congrats!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone, I would have never guess it was a "newly cut" antique style stone, it looks so much like the true antiques. Can''t wait to see what you do with it.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. Dont forget to post the pictures after it''s set. Gorgeous!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a stunner! Congratulations!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
YUMM-O!!! Love the chunkiness of that stone!!! How will you be setting it??? Congratulations on finding the one!!!
36.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, so many beautiful cushions on here lately. I must say the chunky facets are divine.

enjoy, cant wait to see it set

35.gif

d2b

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results