shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone know of any good destination wedding sites?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,
I''m in the pre-planning phase of our destination wedding and was wondering if anyone knows of any real good destination wedding forums.
Thanks so much for all your help.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
They are endless. You may want to narrow down your criteria a bit in order to get some suggestions. For example, if you want sun, snow, beach, mountains, geographical zone, what country are you in at least?
2.gif

Good luck and all the best!

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 4:12:11 PM
Author: MaggieB
They are endless. You may want to narrow down your criteria a bit in order to get some suggestions. For example, if you want sun, snow, beach, mountains, geographical zone, what country are you in at least?
2.gif

Good luck and all the best!
mmmm yeah, forgot about that. We are looking into Punta Cana, in the Dominican Republic.

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been on that one, too. I just wanted to find a really really good one. The reviews on Trip Advisor are somewhat skewy, and so I''m on the lookout! Thanks.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 4:33:38 PM
Author: louisvgirl
I''ve been on that one, too. I just wanted to find a really really good one. The reviews on Trip Advisor are somewhat skewy, and so I''m on the lookout! Thanks.
I am still deciding between traditional and destination... and I spent a good 2 hours on trip advisor looking at reviews. I would have to completely agree with your comment above. I felt like the stories were so hit or miss. How can half the people say AMAZING, and then about 10/20 people say, NEVER go back, horrible rooms, and horrible food. It''s almost like there are too many reviews and people are being way too opinionated.

I found a few that I did like... but the ones in DR didn''t have very great overall reviews.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 4:45:52 PM
Author: meresal

I've been on that one, too. I just wanted to find a really really good one. The reviews on Trip Advisor are somewhat skewy, and so I'm on the lookout! Thanks.
I am still deciding between traditional and destination... and I spent a good 2 hours on trip advisor looking at reviews. I would have to completely agree with your comment above. I felt like the stories were so hit or miss. How can half the people say AMAZING, and then about 10/20 people say, NEVER go back, horrible rooms, and horrible food. It's almost like there are too many reviews and people are being way too opinionated.

I found a few that I did like... but the ones in DR didn't have very great overall reviews.
Rather than use their reviews you should use their message boards. Trip Advisor has a 'local expert' that posts in each area you're interested in (by locale). So for example, when we were thinking of doing a destination wedding in Greece (Santorini) I got a TON of info from people who had been there and the local expert... this includes places to stay, recommendations for wedding planners in the area etc.

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock

I am still deciding between traditional and destination... and I spent a good 2 hours on trip advisor looking at reviews. I would have to completely agree with your comment above. I felt like the stories were so hit or miss. How can half the people say AMAZING, and then about 10/20 people say, NEVER go back, horrible rooms, and horrible food. It''s almost like there are too many reviews and people are being way too opinionated.

I found a few that I did like... but the ones in DR didn''t have very great overall reviews.
That''s exactly what I mean. Half say it''s great and the other''s say it''s horrible! It''s unreal how these reviews or so off!

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 5:23:13 PM

That''s exactly what I mean. Half say it''s great and the other''s say it''s horrible! It''s unreal how these reviews or so off!
Yes, I wasn''t referring to the actual Trip Advisor reviews, I was referring to all the people''s reviews of each place that they visited. It''s almost no help at all.

I wish Trip Advisor worked alot more like Cruise Critic. That website is absolutely amazing!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 5:13:03 PM
Author: violet02

Rather than use their reviews you should use their message boards. Trip Advisor has a ''local expert'' that posts in each area you''re interested in (by locale). So for example, when we were thinking of doing a destination wedding in Greece (Santorini) I got a TON of info from people who had been there and the local expert... this includes places to stay, recommendations for wedding planners in the area etc.
Violet, I didn''t realize they had message boards. I bet these would be much more helpful!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results