shape
carat
color
clarity

Do I send a thank you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
I''m attending a sponsored event by a company that is trying to convince us to sign on with them. It''s dinner at a comedy club tonight followed by a tour of stores in the area tomorrow. Should I send a thank you? And to whom?

It''s very casual and informal and I''m assuming no one is going to be handing out business cards (though if they do, my problems are solved) so I''m not sure how to even send one? We RSVPed to a woman who handled setting everything up and I do have her contact (only email) but could definitely drop her a line on there if that''s appropriate? We''re going to be meeting with lots of people throughout the night and I have no idea how to determine who''s important enough to get the thank you, if that makes sense.

I''m not really sure what the etiquette is for something like this. I do have an interview with them at the end of the month, so I do want to impress them.

Any thoughts?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
who better to thank than the woman who set it all up? Often emails include a physical address as well... you could email AND send a card, if you really want to get through to her.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 8:21:31 AM
Author: LaraOnline
who better to thank than the woman who set it all up? Often emails include a physical address as well... you could email AND send a card, if you really want to get through to her.

That was the first thing I checked but it just had her region number, which makes me think she may work at multiple stores. I think I will send her a thank you email, she''s done quite a lot to get this thing going.

Thanks for your input.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Usually I am a huge fan of thank you notes. But, in this case, I would say pass.

First of all, this company is trying to win you over, when you go interview for a job--the company looking to hire you doesn''t send you a thank you note. Secondly, there isn''t really one person to thank, this isn''t a one on one interaction--there is a multitude of people, and you wouldn''t want to leave anyone out or offend anyone. I would make sure you openly thank everyone the night of the event...share with them what a great time you had...and let them know how much you appreciate their efforts.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto IHC...I assume you were invited because of where you are presently employed and more specifically, because the host is hoping to win business from your present employer. Unless you are in a position to speak on behalf of your company, I don''t think you are expected to send a formal thank-you note, or that it would be appropriate for you to do so.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are they wanting to hire you? Or get your business to sign on for services? If it''s the former, ALWAYS send a note. The latter, no IMO.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Neatfreak - They are trying to convince me to work for their company. So, it''s a little different than trying to win over services.

I''ve decided not to go with the thank you. I met several people, all of whom would deserve thank yous but I only have one person''s contact information. It was a very informal weekend and I did thank everyone the night of the event.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you send a thank you. whether or not they want something from you and are trying to win you over, a thank you is in order. being polite is always a winner and even if you are not won over, you will be remembered as the one that got away.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results