shape
carat
color
clarity

Kohlrabi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Got it at the farmer''s market...and now I don''t know what to do with it. Suggestions?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Peel that sucker and eat it raw!!! I love the stuff...my father grew it in the garden...I bet it would be great mashed up with butter!!! And in anything a turnip goes..but who the hell uses turnips on a daily basis LOL....I love it raw with some dip!!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My grandma used to grow kohlrabi in her garden. We peeled it and ate it raw with salt. Yummmm. I haven''t had it in years.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Rock on! That had been the plan, just to eat it raw...but then I thought maybe I should actually "do" something with it. Raw it is. Thanks!!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always had it cooked, like cabbage or broccoli.

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
i make it two ways.

1. cut it into thin rounds, about 1/4 inch. layer it in a pie plate with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. sprinkle parsley and parmesan on top. bake it at 350 for 30 minutes (i think...haven''t made it in a while!!).

2. cut it into small-ish cubes. steam it for 10-15 minutes. toss with olive oil, parsley, salt, and pepper.

love the stuff!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 10:05:47 PM
Author: tenfour
i make it two ways.

1. cut it into thin rounds, about 1/4 inch. layer it in a pie plate with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. sprinkle parsley and parmesan on top. bake it at 350 for 30 minutes (i think...haven''t made it in a while!!).

2. cut it into small-ish cubes. steam it for 10-15 minutes. toss with olive oil, parsley, salt, and pepper.

love the stuff!!
That sounds awesome. I don''t think I''ve ever had it. Now I will make sure to add it to my list for the Farmers Market.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Miraclesue, DH and I were trying to describe the flavor last night (we''ve decided that we''re not crazy about it raw, I think I''m going to cook the remainder tomorrow like tenfour suggested.

Anyway, it''s this round, green thing that looks like a cabbage crossed with a turnip, and it tastes a like a radish crossed with cabbage. I thought it was uber yummy when I sampled it at the market, but I think I just like it in small quantities. Would probably be really good diced up on a salad or maybe even in stir-fry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results