shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have the Round Brillant from Tiffanys?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Either one of these settings?? I went and saw it in the store yesterday, and FF loved it, and was just seeing if anyone had it, and if they love it, and pictures :)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
grr they dont want to post...
http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?sku=18715716

http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?sku=22135856

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Search for Tiffany''s and you will find tons of threads with photos.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
thank you for all your responses... me and the FF went into tiffanys the other day and HE fell in love with their rings, as did I, of course..haha...He has bought me a lot of jewelry from tiffanys, and I told him I will love whatever beautiful ring he decides to get me :)...but he did say he would rather pay a little extra to get the tiffany name..than to buy the setting from Jareds (and a stone from an online vendor).. :)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 7:00:59 PM
Author: blondebunny
thank you for all your responses... me and the FF went into tiffanys the other day and HE fell in love with their rings, as did I, of course..haha...He has bought me a lot of jewelry from tiffanys, and I told him I will love whatever beautiful ring he decides to get me :)...but he did say he would rather pay a little extra to get the tiffany name..than to buy the setting from Jareds (and a stone from an online vendor).. :)
Why would you have to get a setting from Jared? I guess it depends on what size stone you are looking for and what your budget is but Tiffany''s is usually not just a "little" extra. I''m all for getting what you want I''m just not sure that I understand the reasoning. There are quite a few people on the site that have rings from Tiffany''s and I''m sure people will post some pics for you.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 7:31:07 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Date: 6/30/2008 7:00:59 PM

Author: blondebunny

Why would you have to get a setting from Jared? I guess it depends on what size stone you are looking for and what your budget is but Tiffany''s is usually not just a ''little'' extra. I''m all for getting what you want I''m just not sure that I understand the reasoning. There are quite a few people on the site that have rings from Tiffany''s and I''m sure people will post some pics for you.

Ditto. If the Tiffany name means a lot to you (which it seems to for a lot of people) then get it and it will be worth every penny, but if you''re doing it just because you think it''s the only place to get a quality stone you''re throwing away a lot of money. Do you think it''s possible he fell in love with it because it was the best stone he''s ever seen, and if he saw a stone just as amazing for less money he would be just as in love with that one?

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
oh say let me explain my story...I had it in another thread..I dunno where that is... We started going ring shopping like maybe 2 weeks ago...and it was a disaster...we had completely different tastes in what we like. I like a little more sparkle (diamonds on the band) and he likes a rather simple setting (not necessarily solitaire, but along those lines)...and finally when we were just out shopping we were by Jareds and I said lets go in and see, and we found a platinum setting that we both agreed that we liked alot. My FF is VERY anti-internet anything. He does not want to trust anyone, especially someone selling a diamond online. I have been showing him all the posts and everything about the credibility of the vendors here on PS, and he still doesnt particulary want to buy one online, and I dont really think I can bare the fact of paying extra for a diamond that isnt great quality from jareds. Also, we are both in graduate school, but want to be married before he goes to medical school. Well, obviously he doesnt have a decent job so he cant afford what he wants to get me, but has said when he gets out of school and residency he plans to upgrade, and he says well I dont think Ill be going to Jared to upgrade your ring, and so we are also factoring in who has upgrade policies and what not.

Also, I have small fingers, so im not looking for a huge stone, a 1 carat looked awful on my finger bcuz its so tiny, so we were looking at a .7 carat diamond. We went to Tiffanys and the channel set round brillant was onl 8,555(which shocked up both! we thought that was decent and the stone was amazing). But we would get a diff diamond for the center because it was a G VVS2...We want an H-I VS2 or so, to us,as long as u cant see the inclusions it doesnt bother us..and so now I think he is just going to keep me out of the whole process, and decide what he wants to do.

Plus I think deep down he wants to get me the tiffany because I love all of the jewelry he has given me from there(he bought me my first piece from there), but I am in no way making him get me that just bcuz its tiffanys (just wanted to clarify that so I didnt sound like a snob) I told him whichever one he wanted Id be happy with!:)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
That makes sense. (And you didn''t sound like a snob.)

Where do you guys live? I only ask to see if you are near any of the PS vendors like Whiteflash or ERD so you could go see something in person. But if you both love the idea of Tiffany''s, go for it and get the ring of your dreams!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
we''re in orlando...No one is close to us, and he likes the whole if something is wrong he wants a store to take it to, get it cleaned and whatever...he doesnt like the one store location thing (he''s very picky lol)

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hey girl,

Honestly, the first time my fiance and I went ring shopping we also fell in love with Tiff's. Problem was the price wasn't so appealing... we wanted at least a 1 carat and to get a nice H color VS2-SI1 and that was at min. of 9-11g.... Their upgrade policy also only works if you spend double the value you paid for the original ring... Anyway - after shopping around we realized you can get a MUCH BETTER stone for cheaper. We ended up with a J color VS2 1.56 carat IDEAL canadian diamond with a band that has diamonds on it (Ritani - very reputable as well) and it was approx. the same price....

Point of the story - Tiff's stuff is beautiful - you can't go wrong.. BUT- if you shop around you can find something even better for the same price or cheaper. My suggestion are tacori, ritani, leon or mark morrell. I am so happy with the diamond my fiancee picked - it sparkles more than any Tiffany or Birks diamond we ever saw... You can probably find Ritani and Tacori rings at most jewlers... As for diamonds- try USA certed. They have dealers in a bunch of places. You may also be able to find an excellent IDEAL stone at your local jewler for a decent price (0.8 carat will be under 5 g).

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I'm thinking you could definitely get a very similar ring to the Tiffany's style with a .7 carat for less than half of what it would cost at Tiffany's. My FH and I are also in school, and saving money for future expenses was waaay more important than my ring (which is a .5 X-factor princess from Whiteflash in a simple Tiffany style setting). Seriously, I would have your guy call some of these online vendors and see what it's like. I know the people are Whiteflash are real and wonderful, and we saved a ton of money vs. a B&M store...
9.gif

ETA: have you seen this: http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Flush-Fit--Diamond-Ring_1063.htm#

with something like this:

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1148597.htm

??
2.gif
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Blondebunny, did you check out this thread? I thought it was really helpful for seeing several different PS members' Tiffany rings. And they are sooo beautiful - most of the high-end department stores here in Tokyo have Tiffany and Cartier either right next door or have displays within the store - there's a store with both Tiff and Cartier across the aisle from one another and I swear it's like a candy store
1.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-show-me-your-original-tiffany-setting-profile-shots.86225/

cara

Ideal_Rock
Hmm... having Tiffany''s bring in a few 0.7 H VS stones in your ring style and picking the best cut option might be the way to go.... And then later starting from scratch on an upgrade. Your bf sounds resistant to the online diamonds.

Otherwise, I would recommend searching around for the most wonderful setting at the most friendly local store that will set a diamond purchased elsewhere. Then buy the diamond online from a vendor that has a good upgrade policy, such as WF, GOG, etc. You want a good upgrade policy on the stone, but the setting you can write off. But to do this plan, your bf needs to be OK with the online diamond purchase. And it sounds like he wants to spoil you, and sees Tiffany''s as a way of doing that!

Good luck, just make a wise choice with the $$ aspect. Med school is a long, expensive haul and weddings aren''t cheap either.

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
Some of you may not know this, since it was posted in the LIW thread, but blondebunny''s FF has already purchased a beautiful ring from Tiffany. It''s further down the page on this thread. I''m sure she appreciated y''all advice though.
12.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 3:27:11 PM
Author: aggiebling09
Some of you may not know this, since it was posted in the LIW thread, but blondebunny''s FF has already purchased a beautiful ring from Tiffany. It''s further down the page on this thread. I''m sure she appreciated y''all advice though.
12.gif
thanks you pretty much summed it up for me :)
We bought it on the 20th :) It was perfect and in our price range :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results