shape
carat
color
clarity

Made my decision...my diamond is in transit...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kboggs315

Shiny_Rock
My blue diamond isn''t on my finger...its in transit to its new setting...sigh.

It was a terribly hard decision. I was so afraid to make another setting mistake. First I wanted bling. Then I wanted palladium. Then I wanted security. Then I was refusing to spend too much more than we had already spent and were getting credit for. Then I lost it all and couldn''t make a decision. I was begging him to just pick the dang ring cause I couldn''t do it. Of course, he refused because he wanted it to be my decision cause I''m the one who has to wear it. And money didn''t matter to get what I wanted..but I''m cheap.

In the end, I ended up with the setting he tried to give me when we first started talking engagement rings....Gelin Abaci tension setting 004, in yellow gold. If only I had listened to him.

TR_004_400.jpg

kboggs315

Shiny_Rock
And this is the wedding band I am considering...it will match his alternate wedding band which is black titanium with the infinity symbol engraved around (my mother keeps comlaining that our first anniversary will come up and we still won''t have settled on our rings). Its only a 2.5 mm, so it won''t overpower the tension setting, I hope.

bridal-set-weave-12062~102.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think the 2mm band will look lovely with the tension setting. Congrats on picking a setting - keep us posted on its progress!
1.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kristen, don''t feel bad and don''t beat yourself up about it. These are hard decisions because we have to be happy with our choice every day when we put that ring on. I''m doing it to myself too trying to decided to just reset? or to upgrade first and then reset. I don''t want to thread jack, but I know the back and forth feeling that goes into these decisions.

I think your ring is going to be gorgeous. How long do you have to wait for it to be done?

kboggs315

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad I''m not the only one who goes through this! I was told ten days...but....I''ll give it two weeks before I start freaking out..and I will. My wonderful husband knows how much I hate not having a ring on my finger. He asked the jeweler if they had a simple gold band that he could purchase for me for the interim... but my small finger..4.5.. really causes a problem. Believe it or not, they had a beautiful gold band...with the prettiest twisty wave in it (I''ll try to find my camera) not only in my size but only $69 ! It had been there for...lol..seven years. They couldn''t get sell it cause nobody had that size finger! lol. Who knows..maybe I''ll keep it as my wedding band. I love this man!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 10:50:59 AM
Author: kboggs315
I''m glad I''m not the only one who goes through this! I was told ten days...but....I''ll give it two weeks before I start freaking out..and I will. My wonderful husband knows how much I hate not having a ring on my finger. He asked the jeweler if they had a simple gold band that he could purchase for me for the interim... but my small finger..4.5.. really causes a problem. Believe it or not, they had a beautiful gold band...with the prettiest twisty wave in it (I''ll try to find my camera) not only in my size but only $69 ! It had been there for...lol..seven years. They couldn''t get sell it cause nobody had that size finger! lol. Who knows..maybe I''ll keep it as my wedding band. I love this man!
I''m glad he''s being so supportive! That''s awesome about the wedding band at the store - apparently it was destined for you.
1.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your new setting is lovely. I think your diamond will look great in it. Don''t feel bad for taking your time to find your perfect setting. It can take some time. Trust me, I know!
9.gif

kboggs315

Shiny_Rock
Here is the pretty little band...can you see the wave? Its almost liike a cross over twist..lol.

100_0664.JPG

kboggs315

Shiny_Rock
And again...

100_0661.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! That''s a really fun band!

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
tension... yummm!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is going to be a knockout once it is complete, I cannot wait to see your pictures!

I love your new band, it is so pretty and different, and just think...it has been waiting for you for 7 long years!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2008 11:43:27 AM
Author: kboggs315
Here is the pretty little band...can you see the wave? Its almost liike a cross over twist..lol.
I love your new twisty band. What a find for $69.-!! How could you pass that up?

My best girlfriend has the same situation as you, she''s a 4 1/2 too and she''s constantly cruising the "special values" cases in our favorite jewelry store. When she sees something she likes in her size, she doesn''t give it a second thought and just scoops it up. It usually means someone customed ordered it and never picked it up for one reason or another. Their loss is your gain and I''m sure the jewelry store was happy to see it sold.

CalBearsFan

Rough_Rock
Can''t wait to see the stone set in your new tension setting. It''s going to be really lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results