shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on gifts for guys!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Hello all!

I am not married, but will be celebrating my 5th anniversary with my boyfriend. I was thinking that perhaps married folks will have some great ideas on anniversary gifts?

In that past I have gotten him a watch, a snowboard, flying lessons, clothes, a nice chess set, a leather jacket... coming up blank for other gifts.

Would appreciate any helpful suggestions
1.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW trillionaire, you are a STELLAR gift-giver. What about an experiential gift, like lessons to learn something he loves or a hot air balloon ride or something he''s mentioned he''d like to DO but hasn''t tried yet? My Honey always likes those types of things.

Do you two play chess together? I''m jealous--I used to play chess with my grandma and I''ve been itching for hubby to learn so I can play with someone.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Season''s tickets to his fave team? A lot of your gifts are great, so you''re a tough act to follow! I guess if you were really looking to spend $$$, a nice barbeque or something would be cool. But that''s pretty spendy. What about a weekend away together, like at the beach or in the mountains?

I''m probably not much help, SO is strictly into practical gifts (we''re talking, asks for tools and genuinely loved receiving a digital meat thermometer... LOL).

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your helpful suggestions!

30.gif
I really love giving gifts, I wish money was no object!

I haven't figured out my budget yet, since my money is funny (darn economy), but my top ideas so far would be:

*A class ring from our alma mater, where we met (very pricey
7.gif
)
*diploma frame from alma mater (hokey and unexciting?)
*biking gear for his sportbike (it's pricey, he wants it, and I am better at finding good deals than he is!)

but are there "types" of gifts that are more or less appropriate for sentimental events like anniversaries?
I wanted to get something nice because it is year 5, and I made a big deal to him about the significance of birthdays and anniversaries that are divisible by 5. (he grew up Jehovah's witness and didn't do the whole gift thing before)

We are going to Myrtle Beach for our anniversary, and we live in different states, so ideally it would be something that I could transport fairly easily? I probably need to think of some smaller scale gifts, just in case...

This would be so much easier if I was independently wealthy,
31.gif
!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Does he like poker? We like to do poker night with friends and one of them has a felt tabletop that fits over a regular table and a nice set of chips. It makes it really fun to play.

ETA: One gift I got Kris that he really liked was a gift certificate to get an old fashioned shave (basically a facial for men). That was neat.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not married but if your man likes sports I would suggest great tickets to a sporting event he would enjoy...very memorable. The biking gear sounds great because you know it''s something he wants - maybe try looking online for some coupons. discounts, etc. Tell us more about your guy so we can give more helpful suggestions!
35.gif

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know if he plays golf, buy my FF LOVES golf. One year I got him a golf coooler with a gift certificate with a round of golf for 4 inside of it. He took his 3 best friends and had a great time! I wasn''t there to see him enjoy it, but he LOVED it and still talks about how he would love to have that gift again.

Another gift I got him was for a Beer of the Month Club. HE ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! He told everyone how I was the best GF in the universe. I couldn''t'' afford to get it for all 12 months, so I got it for 6 months and had it sent every other month. They sent him 12 micro-brews a month, usually 2-4 different types.

Other than that, just be creative and think about what he loves to do! :)

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 12:23:56 PM
Author: IndyGirl22
I''m not married but if your man likes sports I would suggest great tickets to a sporting event he would enjoy...very memorable. The biking gear sounds great because you know it''s something he wants - maybe try looking online for some coupons. discounts, etc. Tell us more about your guy so we can give more helpful suggestions!
35.gif
Ditto. Sports tickets are always a great gift. Also, maybe think about simple gifts - a gift doesn''t have to cost mucho $$ to be memorable. My husband and brother both really love books. Maybe a book that has some special signifigance regarding his interests. Good art is good too. There are a few artistis that I regard as living Ansel Adams'' - Ray McSavaney, Bruce Birnbaum, the Weston Family.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
Man, you guys are GOOD!

He LOVES golf, so those are very helpful tips! (how much is a round of golf for 4?) He doesn't really have much facial hair, but he does LOVE massages, which could be another good option.

He likes video games (
20.gif
) and things to do with sportbikes... maybe I could get him a day at the track near him? Golly, I think that is expensive too, but he would LOVE it...

SO is an engineer, so he is into technology. He's def. not a power tools guy though, or even a grill for that matter. He's pretty enamored with military things, though he has never been in the military.

As far as sports teams, we both went to the same college, but that is the only team he really follows, and we are going to a game together a month before out anni. (WE ARE STOKED for the game!!!)

19.gif
This is so helpful already!

I will keep brainstorming, and THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your help!
36.gif

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 4:11:10 PM
Author: trillionaire
35.gif
Man, you guys are GOOD!

He LOVES golf, so those are very helpful tips! (how much is a round of golf for 4?) He doesn''t really have much facial hair, but he does LOVE massages, which could be another good option.

He likes video games (
20.gif
) and things to do with sportbikes... maybe I could get him a day at the track near him? Golly, I think that is expensive too, but he would LOVE it...

SO is an engineer, so he is into technology. He''s def. not a power tools guy though, or even a grill for that matter. He''s pretty enamored with military things, though he has never been in the military.

As far as sports teams, we both went to the same college, but that is the only team he really follows, and we are going to a game together a month before out anni. (WE ARE STOKED for the game!!!)

19.gif
This is so helpful already!

I will keep brainstorming, and THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your help!
36.gif

The golf price will depend on where he plays. Call around to some courses, I was able to do it all over the phone and he LOVED it! Good luck
1.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
You girls have come up with sme really great gifts! I''m loving the ''Beer of the Month'' club, I wonder if I can find something like that locally? Great idea!
anyway, Trillionaire, hope you find something you like!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results