shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of gift should I get her?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

One of my old roommates just called to say she’s expecting

36.gif

I want to get her a gift that is more about her than it is about the baby, but that is still related to her being pregnant…does that make sense? LOL

I figured I’d ask all the mommies or mommies-to-be what they would have appreciated during the pregnancy or what would be really helpful now (if you are pregnant).

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a mommy or a mommy-to-be but when my sister announced she was pregnant (after IVF) I bought her a new digital camera and a Coach diaper bag, both in pink, her favorite color. I wanted her to know she could still be stylish with her baby and be able to take a lot of quality pics to send us.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 2:40:38 PM
Author: IndyGirl22
I''m not a mommy or a mommy-to-be but when my sister announced she was pregnant (after IVF) I bought her a new digital camera and a Coach diaper bag, both in pink, her favorite color. I wanted her to know she could still be stylish with her baby and be able to take a lot of quality pics to send us.

Great ideas, I bet your sister was happy with your selections! She is going to be a stylin'' mommy!!

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 3:59:01 PM
Author: omieluv

Date: 7/24/2008 2:40:38 PM
Author: IndyGirl22

Great ideas, I bet your sister was happy with your selections! She is going to be a stylin'' mommy!!
Haha thanks. She was the oldest and the first out of the five of us to be married/pregnant so it was a big deal and after all the hormone therapy and struggles she had to endure to become pregnant I just felt like I wanted to make her feel special...especially because I know many women feel very un-stylish when they are pregnant (who wouldn''t - a lot of maternity clothes are blah!).

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The first thing that comes to my mind was a body pillow. I think it''s because it''s the only gift I got from anyone during the pregnancy (not including gifts from baby shower). It really helped me to sleep comfortably.

I like the mani/pedi idea. Maybe you can look into gift certificate for prenatal massage. Or if your friend is into fitness, then maybe prenatal yoga classes would be nice.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
The body pillow seems nice.
Dressing yourself is a huge issue in pregnancy, really it was a main issue for me,
just trying to cover that belly, keep warm and comfortable!

By the end, you're stuck with pants that don't do up, tops that ride up, scarf-like arrangements to cover your bump etc etc. It can be horrible..

So, my suggestion is: do you think you could buy her some NICE preggy clothes...a couple of really nice, long tops - or a top and stretchy skirt, or a dress, etc, that will fit her happily right through the pregnancy, and look good too for a variety of occasions too?

If you get one(s) with access from the front, she might use it to breastfeed, as well...

My favourite from my first pregnancy was a very stretchy pull-on dress in an animal print

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the suggestions. I didn''t even think about the body pillow (or the prenatal massage).

As for preggy clothes, that would be an awesome idea too but she and I have very different taste in clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results