shape
carat
color
clarity

Lurker no more! Meet Mr. Asscher.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IceAddict

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have to say that PS has become somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me. I''ve been lurking for months, and it''s so much fun ogling all the fabulous treasures. For a while I didn''t know if I was kind of turned off by the competition inherent in such a website, or if it was a wonderful opportunity to unabashedly check out other ladies'' jewelry. (I kind of get creeped out when people grab my hand and inspect my ring.) But I''ve just concluded that it''s simple fun. You can gawk at the bling without the pressure of sales people, too. How else can you scratch the itch to see diamonds at 2 in the afternoon at the office or late at night? As for competitiveness, well, that exists whether you''re on a website or not, right? Besides, as my mother always told me, be happy with what you have. There''s always going to be someone with more and less than you.

That said, here''s my ring. Sweetheart and I got engaged in January, and I couldn''t be happier with the ring. There weren''t any clandestine shopping trips or pilfered rings from my jewelry box; it was all very thoughtfully done. Some of my friends think it unromantic that I went with the fiance to choose the ring. But then again, I''m totally satisfied with mine, even though the ring wasn''t "sprung" on me. And they had a lovely surprise, but they''re thinking of resettings and upgrades already. We all just need to do this the way that works for us, right?

For most of my adult life, I''ve been a princess fan. But when I saw my first asscher up close, I was hooked. I''m a deeply nerdy girl, and the idea of squares within squares really caught my fancy. Initially I planned for a very contemporary setting with a low profile and brushed platinum, but I opted for this higher one, which I believe lets more light reach it. Don''t get me wrong, I still love the princess. Sweetheart gave me a 3 stone princess pendant for Christmas last year. I''ll post it sometime, too.

I don''t think my image will post nicely, the dialog box kept telling me to reduce the file size, even though I know I was well within the size limit. I suspect these are going to be sad little pictures. Let''s see how this turns out and I''ll try again later.

Anyway, I''m glad to become an official member of the community. It''s nice to meet you all.

721081046.jpg

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It''s lovely! We need more pictures...immediately, if not sooner.
1.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
It''s nice to meet you (and your lovely), too! I''m looking forward to seeing more pics!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
WELCOME!
Wowee wow wow...stunning!
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif

What are the specs, please...if you don''t mind!
bandit.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! Lovely ring; it has a beautifully simple and sleek setting. Need some closeups of that stone so we can see the steps in it! We love the asscher cut on PS!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well Hellooooooo Mr. Asscher.
3.gif
30.gif
Oh and welcome to PS IceAddict.
9.gif

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to you both
31.gif
!

Gorgeous ring and congratulations on your engagement. Your FI sounds like a beautiful man who wanted to get you the perfect ring.

I would love to see more pictures!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I have always loved the look of an asscher solitaire and yours is absolutely beautiful!

Congrats on the engagement and finding a ring you love!

As a side note, I''m beginning to wonder if asscher wearers exhibit similar personality traits--I''ve noticed that we asscher wearers tend to embrace our nerdiness and fall in love with the geometrical infinite mirrors effect of the cut.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
That''s one sexy solitaire! We''d love to see more pictures of it!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore Asscher solitaires, and yours looks lovely! I can't wait to see more pics, and hear more about it!

I've always found that to avoid the resizing issue, I just upload the pics to the PS photo gallery, and they auto re-size for me.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful Looks great on your hand!

More pictures please?!?
36.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
wow! More pics, please?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 1:18:09 PM
Author: tberube
wow! More pics, please?
Ditto, more pics please, lovely!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful rock!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Love that!!! We need more pics though!!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! Your ring is beautiful!
More pictures please!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
You have that stunning asscher, but don''t indulge us with any shots from the front so we can drown in the steps? More pics, pleeease
17.gif

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
That seems to be a very pretty stone and I don''t think there''s the slightest thing wrong with your helping choose the ring! That''s very smart in fact and plus, I''m sure the proposal story was very sweet!

I have to say though, I never really felt the sense of competition on this forum... I''m fairly new myself and everyone truly seems very open, honest and kind. I''ve probably felt the opposite primarily because we have the very powerful barrier of the internet and anonymity, which allows us to be honest and nonthreatening. Anyway, this is for a different thread and a different time.

Congratulations again, I''m so happy that you''ve joined us!

IceAddict

Rough_Rock
Hi again,

Here''s another. Sorry, it''s a little dirty - I''ve got to stop wearing my ring when I do the dishes.
41.gif

721081047.jpg

IceAddict

Rough_Rock
Here''s another one. Still dusty.
40.gif

72408137.jpg

IceAddict

Rough_Rock
Last one for now. I don''t remember all the specs. It''s 1.26, VS1 and scores high in the all important "me likey" category. :)

72408138.JPG

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. It looks huge on your finger. You must have teeny tiny fingers!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome IceAddict! I love your ring! The asscher is just stunning
30.gif
I love the simple setting as well.

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS! I think helping to pick your ring is the best way to get exactly what you want ;-) Just ask my FI--I hijacked the whole process from him and he was relieved!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 1:43:20 PM
Author: IceAddict
Last one for now. I don''t remember all the specs. It''s 1.26, VS1 and scores high in the all important ''me likey'' category. :)
Excellent! The most important category!!
2.gif

Gorgeous ring, it looks stunning on your hand!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I really like Asschers and Emeralds after hanging around PS and yours is a STUNNA!

It looks FANTASTIC on you, can't believe it is 1.26ct, it looks ginormous! Lucky girl!

Almost makes me rethink my commitment to Trillions... almost
2.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 1:43:20 PM
Author: IceAddict
Last one for now. I don''t remember all the specs. It''s 1.26, VS1 and scores high in the all important ''me likey'' category. :)
LOL - The ''me likey'' category is the most important.
9.gif

Congratulations again - it''s beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results