shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Almost done! Here is Prince Kardam of Bulgaria. He is the eldest son of tsar Simeon II. However born after his loss of the throne, he is by courtesy also sometimes styled as if being a crown prince. In 1996 Kardam married Miriam Ungria.

17oe1.jpg

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Miriam is wearing a beautiful diamond and pearl tiara and matching earrings.

bride9kr.jpg

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, last one. Prince Kubrat of Bulgaria is the third son of tsar Simeon II. The Prince is actually a doctor.
1.gif
In 1993 Kubrat married Carla Soledad Royo.

410ha.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 4:20:37 AM
Author: AdiS

Here she is in the past (left) looking rather… ahem… unconventional, with her husband Antonio ''Kitín'' (top right) and with their son Simeon Hassan (bottom right).

Whoa..."unconventional" is a polite way to put it...
5.gif
Her son is adorable!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 4:27:12 AM
Kalina''s wedding brought 500 VIP guests in Bulgaria, some of them Royalties. Her wedding dress was a unique combination of haute couture and Bulgarian national costume (not my cup of tea, I have to admit). Her buckle is a part of the Bulgarian national costume and is called “pafti”. The pafti were made of gold or silver and were once an adornment of the wealthier Bulgarian women and the well preserved items cost pretty much a fortune. Kalina’s miniature tiara was in fact an old heirloom brooch of her mother Margarita.

While I agree the wedding outfit is not my cup of tea either, I do like the incorpertaion of the pafti. From what I''ve read here AdiS, Kalina seems to be more willing to stay in contact with her heritage than her brothers. I assume none of them were married in Bulgaria (of course, the arguement could be made that you usually get married in the bride''s hometown, but when you''re marrying royalty the rules change!).

flash407

Rough_Rock
this thread is my best guilty pleasure....

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 6:20:14 AM

So, here’s Rosario on her wedding day, wearing a gorgeous diamond leaves tiara.

Look how far down that tiara goes past her ears, almost in an oriental style. It almost looks more like a headband than a tiara. Different, but very cool!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 8:00:16 AM
One more pic of Maria and the Diamond Ribbon Tiara...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!
36.gif

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
It is so nice seeing bridal dresses with sleeves (granted, some of these were from the mid 90''s but humor me). Seems like all we see nowdays are strapless dresses. I''ve heard that strapless wedding dresses are best if you have a great necklace or long earrings becuase then there is no fabric close to the jewelry to distract the eye from the bling. Strapless looks good on some girls, but not all. IMO, this shouldn''t be done at the expense if you have the jelly roll under the arm that hangs over the front of the dress (I plead guilty to having a jelly roll, which is why I don''t wear strapless anything). Exhibit A: Zara Phillips at her brother''s wedding...

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 9:27:41 AM
Author: LadyMaria

Kalina''s wedding brought 500 VIP guests in Bulgaria, some of them Royalties. Her wedding dress was a unique combination of haute couture and Bulgarian national costume (not my cup of tea, I have to admit). Her buckle is a part of the Bulgarian national costume and is called “pafti”. The pafti were made of gold or silver and were once an adornment of the wealthier Bulgarian women and the well preserved items cost pretty much a fortune. Kalina’s miniature tiara was in fact an old heirloom brooch of her mother Margarita.

While I agree the wedding outfit is not my cup of tea either, I do like the incorpertaion of the pafti. From what I''ve read here AdiS, Kalina seems to be more willing to stay in contact with her heritage than her brothers. I assume none of them were married in Bulgaria (of course, the arguement could be made that you usually get married in the bride''s hometown, but when you''re marrying royalty the rules change!).
Yes, I believe her brothers'' weddings were all held in Spain. Kalina however has always proclaimed her love for everything Bulgarian. I saw a picture of her somewhere in a traditional Bulgarian costume and her son was also wearing a miniature replica of it. I agree he''s adorable
1.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hallo! I am really happy, that this forum exist:) Jewels and especially royal jewels are my love. I''m bulgarian and i''m into our royal family. I have some more pictures of the tiaras and other jewels worn by the BG royals. If you are interested i can post them.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 12:59:35 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
I have some more pictures of the tiaras and other jewels worn by the BG royals. If you are interested i can post them.
Please do so!
1.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Hallo! I am really happy, that this forum exist:) Jewels and especially royal jewels are my love. I''m bulgarian and i''m into our royal family. I have some more pictures of the tiaras and other jewels worn by the BG royals. If you are interested i can post them.
Hi prince.of.preslav! That makes two of us!
1.gif

If you have better pics than the ones I posted, please go ahead and add them. I had no idea how hard it is to find a good shot of the members of the Bulgarian royal family wearing their jewellery. Such secretive people! lol

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 11:26:18 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 7/24/2008 4:20:37 AM
Hi LadyMaria! Unfortunately I couldn’t find any information on Maria Louise’s necklace and earrings, but I think it is a parure indeed.
As for Princess Kalina, she is the fifth child and only daughter of Simeon. She is an unconventional Royalty, often startling the society with her eccentric fashion choices in the past (at one point she even shaved her head because she lost a bet). In 2002 Kalina married Antonio ''Kitin'' Munoz Valcarcel, a noted Spanish humanitarian. Princess Kalina gave birth to their first child on March 14, 2007 at Lozenets Hospital in Sofia. The baby''s name, Simeon Hassan, is in honor of his grandfather Simeon II of Bulgaria and the late Hassan II of Morocco (because of the friendship between the two royal families).

Here she is in the past (left) looking rather… ahem… unconventional, with her husband Antonio ''Kitín'' (top right) and with their son Simeon Hassan (bottom right).
23.gif

Oh.. can I just say.. ew?
14.gif
LOL! I take it that you''d rather not see her pic with her head shaved?
9.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is a better pic of Crown Prince Haakon & Prince Kyril of Bulgaria

Crown Prince Haakon & Prince Kyril of Bulgaria.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering is the tiara that Rosario wore on her wedding the same as the one HM Tsaritsa Ioanna wore on this picture?

giovannatiara2.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

Bring ''em on Prince of Preslav! I am especially interested in how royal families whose monarchy''s have been abolished like France, Greece, Italy, and now Bulgaria. I am happy to hear that some of the jewels of the Bulgarian are still with the family and haven''t been lost or auctioned.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 10:41:48 AM

Bring ''em on Prince of Preslav! I am especially interested in how royal families whose monarchy''s have been abolished like France, Greece, Italy, and now Bulgaria. I am happy to hear that some of the jewels of the Bulgarian are still with the family and haven''t been lost or auctioned.

I''am happy, too. Unlike the french royal jewels, none of the bg were slod. Unfortunately HM and the princesses don''t wear them often.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 9:27:41 AM

You are right LadyMaria none of Kalina''s brothers ware married here in Bulgaria. I think that after her marriage she often visits Bulgaria and resides in Tsarska Bistritsa.

Princess Kalina & Simeon Hasan in Bulgarian national clothes

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I soon found a sweat picture from Simeon Hassan''s baptizing. His mum is wearing i lovely diamond and sapphire(?) necklace (probably from the family estate) and strange silver earrings with 2 strands of golden crosses hanging from each earring.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not crazy about the earrings, but I LOVE the necklace! Is that a yellow diamond and blue sapphire? Or possible a yellow sapphire and blue sapphire? I went to the University of Michigan and Maize (yellow) and Blue are the school colors. This would be a fabulous necklace for a Michigan alum!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
The earring are not the best choice and the outfit is old lady but the necklace rocks.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And a portrait of Queen Marie Louise of Bulgaria wearing the tiara, that was a wedding gift from the people of Bulgaria.

2607243bg.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
On the photo from my avatar (actually a medal) tsar Ferdinand is wearing the same crown

2607237.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
When in 1893 princess Marie Louise married Ferdinand I of Bulgaria her parents gave her a fringe tiara Link

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results