shape
carat
color
clarity

Bruised or broken tailbone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
How do I know? I have no idea how it would''ve happened, I think I remember it hurting after sitting on a plane for 5 hours. Can you break or bruise without really doing anything?! So that was 3 weeks ago and it still is extremely painful when I stand up or sit down.

Any help? Thanks.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 12:13:44 PM
Author:sunnyd
How do I know? I have no idea how it would''ve happened, I think I remember it hurting after sitting on a plane for 5 hours. Can you break or bruise without really doing anything?! So that was 3 weeks ago and it still is extremely painful when I stand up or sit down.

Any help? Thanks.
Because it has been three weeks, I would go see a doctor...you may have strained the muscles attached to and throughout your vertebrae and have not given them proper treatment to heal. It''s unlikely that you would have a break without any trauma, but low back pain is very common and caused by various stresses to our bodies (i.e. fall on your bum, poor posture). Physical therapists will most likely be able to show you stretches and modalities (i.e. heat, ice, etc.) that will help you out. I hope you feel better soon.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Indy, I really appreciate it.

Booper717

Shiny_Rock
I too would recommend going to a Doctor. I know my friend started to experiance strong pain in her tailbone and the pain continued to get worse and it turned out she had a cyst there. I forget the proper name for the cyst, but it is actually quite common. They cyst had to be drained and later removed (it came back). It seems to happen to people who are sitting alot threwout their day.

Goodluck!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Great...that would be me sitting alllll day! Thanks Booper, jcarlycrew had the same thing happen to her as well. Oh boy...

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 1:48:06 PM
Author: Booper717
I too would recommend going to a Doctor. I know my friend started to experiance strong pain in her tailbone and the pain continued to get worse and it turned out she had a cyst there. I forget the proper name for the cyst, but it is actually quite common. They cyst had to be drained and later removed (it came back). It seems to happen to people who are sitting alot threwout their day.

Goodluck!
I''ve heard of this before too. The best thing is to go to a doctor. It could be a strained muscle, sometimes those hurt so bad you think you broke a bone! Definitely don''t wait sweetie. The longer you do, the more damage you could cause if it is something serious (which it probably isn''t!).

Please go see the doctor and feel better...
2.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m going today. Thanks all...
35.gif

chizzy1982

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sunnyd - how you feeling? What did the Doc say? Its VERY unlikely that you have done any lasting damage since you cannot pinpoint when you may have done it. What is the pain like? Is it more in you bum tissue or in your lower back? Is it a sharp shooting pain or a dull ache? Any pain or pins and needles down your legs? Anything make it worse or better? Sorry for all the questions just trying to rule out some stuff it could be! Would stay away from ice as the injury is no longer acute but rather subacute verging on chronic defo go for heat to try and aid the healing process and resovle any muscle spasm

chizzy

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hi Chizzy!

Went to the doc, basically something got loose (?!) because of the pressure of sitting for a long time, strain, etc. She said tailbone issues take about 4-6 weeks to heal usually, so I''m to dose up on Advil until the pain goes away.

It feels like pressing on a bruise whenever I stand up, sit down, cough, sneeze, stretch my back...
40.gif
So it''ll get better, and thankfully it''s not a cyst!

chizzy1982

Shiny_Rock
Hey Sunny

great that you went to the doc - not entirely sure what could have come loose though!! SOunds as though you just bruised some of the sourrounding musculature which needs to settle. Hopefully you be right as rain in the next coupla weeks.

Take care

Chizzy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results