shape
carat
color
clarity

How long did it take for you to get your keys? (new house)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I were hoping to move in to our new house this weekend, since we want to stop paying rent and we''re leaving on vacation next weekend.

We signed all the last documents on Friday, our loan was approved a while ago, and we wired the downpayment and closing costs the same day. The bank (bank-owned home) received the $$ on Monday.

We haven''t heard from them yet on even a DATE that we can get our keys. So here we are in limbo-land - don''t know when to transfer power, internet, or phone. I don''t know when to schedule the pet-sitter over for our preliminary home-visit. Don''t know when to reserve the moving truck for, or what day to enlist the help of our friends.

Did I mention we''re leaving on vacation in 9 days?

Is this normal? I mean, they have our money and our signatures...what''s the hold-up people?? The title company and selling realtor are putting pressure on them to sign the papers and get us our keys, but who knows how much help that will be! We haven''t heard even a whisper.

Anyone else been through this? How long did it take for you to get a move-in date? The house is vacant, and has been for a while.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Haven''t been quite in your situation. Our house wasn''t bank owned so we closed with the sellers present and we were handed the keys at the end. We moved the next day.

I wonder why they don''t just sign?

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
It''s infuriating. They''re a very large bank, and apparently they''re backed up - but how long does it really take to sign papers?
38.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
usually you get the keys at the end of closing. For bank owned (foreclosure) usually DH has to drill out the locks and put new ones in. If you used a RA I would ask him/her.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I would think that the date that you signed, the house is yours. If the keys are all that is holding you up, then you can get the locks changed, right?

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Aloros: Ohh that must be horrible just waitting around! It is prime vacation time though, so it might be that the one person that needs to sign is gone.... Just keep calling and putting pressure one, eventually they''ll get the hint you aren''t going away!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the support! I swear, the only thing that drives me nuts is wanting something/something to happen, and not being able to do ANYTHING about it except wait.

Our loan documents expire on Monday, so we''re seeing if that will persuade them to sign and hand over the keys today. Bleh. We''ll know by 4PM today.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you sure they HAVE the keys? Many banked own homes don''t.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results