shape
carat
color
clarity

Bugaboo moms/owners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I have a quick question--is it possible to use the bassinet feature as a full time bassinet, ie have a new born sleep in it for the first few months? And if so, how do you set it up or do you leave it in the stroller frame (or is a stand/rocker purchase required?)

And lastly, Is it considered safe for baby to spend so much time in the bassienet stroller?

thanks!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 12:35:03 PM
Author:janinegirly
I have a quick question--is it possible to use the bassinet feature as a full time bassinet, ie have a new born sleep in it for the first few months? And if so, how do you set it up or do you leave it in the stroller frame (or is a stand/rocker purchase required?)

And lastly, Is it considered safe for baby to spend so much time in the bassienet stroller?

thanks!!

We initially intended to use the Bugaboo bassinet for the first couple of months (didn''t work out as we planned, though, as she ended up sleeping on top of me for the first 8 weeks and then next to me in bed after that...but that''s another story). I suppose you could use the stroller frame, but we did purchase a separate rocker (fairly inexpensive) that fit nicely next to our bed.

I''m not sure I understand the last question. Are you worried about the amount of time the baby will spend in the bassinet during the night or during the day? I can tell you this -- it''s a lot better for a newborn to spend tons of time in a flat, firm bassinet than in a car seat which can cause curvature of the spine and other problems.

Hope that helps!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
thanks demelza--that was exactly what I was looking for!

one question--where did you find the rocker? That would be ideal because then I can avoid buying a whole other bassinet/co sleeper,etc.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 4:40:53 PM
Author: janinegirly
thanks demelza--that was exactly what I was looking for!

one question--where did you find the rocker? That would be ideal because then I can avoid buying a whole other bassinet/co sleeper,etc.

We used the Jolly Jumper Rocking Stand. It was about $40 and widely available.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results