shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Tiffany Novo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely lovely ring

D2B

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2008 1:55:10 AM
Author: AStack75
Wish me luck.... I''m proposing in Las Vegas on Monday night. I''ll post the results and hopefully the hand shots on here late this week.
How exciting! Good luck! She will be thrilled with that ring, for sure!

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/12/2008 4:32:50 AM
Author: claudinam
P.S.: Is the Novo a new design? I don't think I remember seeing it when we were looking...always loved the Lucida but I think I may actually like this one even better...it's gorgeous...
I believe the Novo design is about a year old now.

skwash

Rough_Rock
So when do we get some handshots? I can''t wait
emteeth.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! I came back on this thread just for that! And I''m hoping your engagement went just as you planned!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2008 1:55:10 AM
Wish me luck.... I''m proposing in Las Vegas on Monday night. I''ll post the results and hopefully the hand shots on here late this week.
Ooooooooooooh thats TONIGHT!!!!!! I wish you all the luck in the world and cant wait to hear what happened!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!
36.gif

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
GOOD LUCK!!! NOTHING BUT GOOD WISHES HEADED YOUR WAY TONIGHT!!! WOO HOO!!
there''ll be one happy lady in Vegas who''ll be hittin'' the jackpot tonight!!!!

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
On Monday night at 9:48PM Las Vegas time, I proposed to my girlfriend in front of the Fountains of Bellagio. She said yes! She loves the ring! Some hand shots to come in the next few days once I get settled back in.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!! That''s my fav place in Vegas! Can''t wait to see hand shots!
9.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
That just looks so classic and beautiful!

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 11:17:44 PM
On Monday night at 9:48PM Las Vegas time, I proposed to my girlfriend in front of the Fountains of Bellagio. She said yes! She loves the ring! Some hand shots to come in the next few days once I get settled back in.
The proposal sounds wonderful! and the ring is amazing! congratulations

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Was there ever any doubt? The ring is beautiful and I am looking forward to seeing some happy hand shots as well...waiting patiently...

han001

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif
AStack - you are an incredible guy to put so much thought into the proposal and ring - it''s a stunner. Can''t wait for those hand shots!

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Here's the first hand shot. I don't have many yet, but I'll be sure to take some. The ring is a little big (currently a size 6) but will be re-sized in a week or so to around a 5 to 5.5.

IMG_1723.JPG

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS!

The ring looks BEAUTIFUL on her! Can''t wait to see more.

Glad to hear that the proposal went well, and that she loved everything.

I was at the Bellaggio about 3 weeks ago, for part of our honeymoon...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwwwwww YAY!!! Congratulations to the both of you! Im glad everything went perfect and Im so happy she loves her new Novo! It looks so good on her hand too!!
31.gif

I'll bet she was over the moon happy when you asked her to marry you!!!
Congratulations to you again!!! I wish the two of you all the happiness in the world.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LDubs

Shiny_Rock
oh WOW! God, it looks gorgeous on her hand :) More pics, please!!!!
30.gif
and Congrats!

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations AStack!!! Awesome news!
31.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
congrats on your engagement it looks great on her hand...she must be sooo happy!!!

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
One more handshot.

IMG_1547aa.JPG

beau13

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring, I LOVE the prongs!!

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 4:52:52 PM
Author: beau13
What a beautiful ring, I LOVE the prongs!!
One of my fiancee''s co-workers told her she might want to consider getting two more prongs added because with 4-prong rings, the stone can fall out more easily than a 6-prong setting. Anyone know if there''s any validity to what her co-worker says? I thought it was kinda rude although I''m sure the person meant well by what they said.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
I have a 4 prong e-ring and I been wearing it for 5 years without any issue with diamond gets knock out of the prongs... And I''m pretty rough on my ring (constantly dropping it on the granite tiles :razz:)

Just my 2 cents...

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it seriously.

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations...I know you are thrilled.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow does that look BEAUTIFUL on her hand!!!!!!!!!!! There''s no prob with 4-prongs - put that our of your mind.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
It looks gorgeous on her hand. So beautiful. She has lovely hands too. Congratulations!!

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
This is how it all went down...

On Monday, July 14th, at roughly 9:48PM Las Vegas time, I proposed to my girlfriend Angela in front of the Fountains of Bellagio. Angela was not expecting it at all.

We arrived in Las Vegas the day before. I had brought two different cameras to Las Vegas. The first one was my Canon Digital SLR camera and the other was my Canon PowerShot G9 point and shoot camera. I had hidden the ring inside the larger SLR camera bag inside some supermarket bags.

We were staying at Bellagio during this trip. We got to see a few fountain shows shortly after we unpacked and got settled into out lakeview room. Then we had dinner at the Bellagio Buffet where I devoured Alaskan King Crab Legs as if I was trying to single handedly keep Sig Hansen gainfully employed.

We saw the new Beatles themed Cirque du Soleil show "Love" that night at The Mirage. Very good show. We sat in Section 200 which I recommend anyone who sees this show....try to sit in that section or in Section 208. Angela loved the show and now aspires to be a Cirque du Soleil performer. I'm content with just watching. I still prefer "O" and "Ka" over "Love" though. FYI, right next door to Bellagio is a MASSIVE construction project called CityCenter. When CityCenter opens, there will be a new Elvis Presley themed Cirque show opening there.

Angela's lucky number is 14. She was also born on the 14th. So....Monday the 14th was the day I planned on proposing to her. That morning we had breakfast at Cafe Gelato at Bellagio. Then I talked Angela into doing a reenactment of Audrey Hepburn's "Breakfast at Tiffany's" portrait at the Tiffany & Co. store at Bellagio. Then well chilled at the insanely beautiful pool at Bellagio. Then we had a couples massage at the Bellagio spa. My first massage I've ever had in my life. No happy ending if you were wondering.

We then walked over to the Rio and checked out the final three tables of the main event of the World Series of Poker. No big name pros were left. I guess Mike Matusow got eliminated the night before.

We then had dinner at the Italian restaurant Circo at Bellagio. I wasn't overly impressed with that place. The service was top notch. The food was good but highly overpriced but I guess everything at Bellagio is overpriced.

We then went outside to watch the Fountains of Bellagio at night. I knew at 9:45PM that Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman's "Con Te Partiro (Time To Say Goodbye)" would be playing. We saw the 7:30 fountain show which was "This Kiss" by Faith Hill. As soon as that was done, I knew that I was about 10 minutes away from the moment of truth. What Angela didn't know was that not only was I about to propose to her....but that I had known the exact spot (in front of the Bellagio Fountains) and the exact song (Con Te Partiro)....years before I had even met her.

Anyways, the song started and then that is when I started to get really nervous. That is when I started opening my camera bag and taking out the little blue box from the grocery store plastic bag. Then about halfway through the song, I'll pulled the box out and started nudging her in the side with it. She thought I was just poking her to tell her "pay attention to this part of the fountain show". I kinda had to make her look down at the box I was holding.

She told me afterwards that she recognized the blue box as soon as she saw it and knew that it was an engagement ring inside. I let her unwrap the white bow. Then I opened up the blue box and put the ring box in my hand. I asked her directly into her ear (since the music is too loud for her to hear me otherwise), "Will you marry me?" Then I dropped down to one knee, opened the black ring box and presented her with the ring that I hoped she liked as much as I did. She said yes and then took the cheapo ring off the middle finger of her left hand. Then I put her engagement ring on her hand. I timed it right so that we could see the climactic end of the fountain show.

Then we walked back into Bellagio and I made her pose with her ring in front of Tiffanys, where I had purchased her ring (in Massachusetts). We then went inside the store for the first time together and didn't feel uncomfortable like every other time we walked into an expensive store where we knew we wouldn't buy anything.

Angela tried on the Novo wedding bands and it looks perfect on her hand with the Novo engagement ring. The saleswoman had her try on two wedding bands stacked onn both sides of the engagement ring and Angela really liked how that looked. So....I might as well buy stock in Tiffany and Co. since pretty much all of my money will be going there in the future.

The next day was a relaxing day in Vegas if there is such a thing. Angela won $150 on the roulette tables (beginner's luck) and I lost $200 on the roulette tables and video poker.

Leaving Las Vegas is always sad....but it was especially sad this trip since it was a life changing trip. Angela was bummed to leave also. But she kept reminding me that at least we are leaving as fiancees.

This was Angela's first time in Las Vegas and I am 100% positive that there will be many more.

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Perfect proposal and e-ring.
36.gif

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
That is a perfect proposal!! I was at Vegas for last Xmas/New Years Eve (10 years anniversary) and I can totally relate to the amazing Alaskan King Crab Legs @ Bellagio ( my FI had 5 plates of it by himself!) and the shows.. I personally like Le Reve the best, but all the Cirque show are amazing too!!

Congratulations!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results