shape
carat
color
clarity

Moving to Canada ,need help please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gooner6

Rough_Rock
Hi my wife and i are wanting to move to Canada, Banff in particular, with our family and need a little help if anyone can. We need the names of some property letting companies, any help would be greatly appreciated. Also i am a painter and decorator, and have noticed that you need a journeyman painters license, also a valid class 5 Alberta Operators License (what are these and how/where do i get them) My wife is a head house keeper; are there any special licenses or other requirements that she would need to secure emloyment? Thank you.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
I think our gov''t website will answer everything you needed to know about immigration to Canada.

Sorry I don''t know anything about painters. If a head house keeper = a nanny, your wife maybe about to find a job as a nanny (or domestic worker) and apply for work permit. Once she''s here for two or three years (work for the same employer), she then maybe able to apply for permanent residence. When she got her permanent resident status she can sponsor you and your children to Canada. However, I don''t know anything about nanny or house keeper licenses.

Or if both you and your wife''s skills are in demand, you can apply for immigration directly. Try to calculate how many points you can get to see if you are qualified to come here as a skilled worker.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good advice given so far, and I don''t have much to add regarding immigration rules. However, I can say that Banff/Canmore is a very desirable place to live and therefore, "expensive". Many folks "work while travelling"--albeit temporarily--in the tourist/service industry and live in the housing supplied by the Hotel they are employed with. Vacency rates are low. Banff has very strict rules about residency/ownership of property/building, etc.

Oh I might suggest also investigating the Engllish language requirements for employment.

Good luck.

cheers--Sharon

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
It actually sounds like the two of you have jobs well suited to Banff. There are loads of hotels which are always hiring housekeeping staff. Your wife''s experience should be very much in demand. Trades such as painters are also in demand - keeping everything looking good for the tourists!

As was stated earlier, Banff is in a national park, and therefore, you need "reason to reside" in order to buy or rent a home there. You have to have a job in town before you can live there.

Canmore isn''t far away, and anyone can live there, it might be a better place to live to begin with (although it is even more expensive to live).

The journeyman painters licene is a tradesman certificate. There would usually be a training period, experience etc needed. For someone coming outside of the country, you might be able to get some of those requirements waived by proving past experience, but I don''t really know, and you would have to research that. A valid class 5 operators licence is just a regular drivers licence. You should be able to get that at any registry office by showing them your existing licence. I am not aware of any special licence requirements for housekeepers.

How much time have you spent in Banff? I myself wouldn''t really want to live there. Many of the residents are temporary, living there for just a year or two, most are young, and there is a huge party scene. I would suggest Jasper as an alternative. It offers almost the same job opportunities, the same outdoor lifestyle and spectacular scenery. But it is much more of a town, with a community feel. Housing is also less $ (but still not cheap). A much nicer place to raise a family IMO.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!!! I would recommend Canmore over Banff as well. I would expect that your employers can assist (esp. your wife''s) with all the necessary arrangements.

gooner6

Rough_Rock
thank you for your advice. greatly excepted.

gooner6

Rough_Rock
thank you for your advice it''s greatfully excepted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results