shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of matching wedding bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
I guess it was more popular in my parent''s time to have matching wedding bands. We went to several B&M stores, and most of the time, the only option they offered was getting the same band in a smaller size. Or just matching the metal type. Are they just not popular anymore? I''ve seen a ton of unique bands online, mostly on Japanese sites like Niwaka. Anyway, please show me your matching sets...

I love this one.

kammset.jpg

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
Or this. But I don''t know how much I like the men''s band alone...

1773784002005.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i like the idea of matching bands too! i think though that when we get married since my bf wants a tungston or titanium ring, i will just get one in a smaller size to wear when we go on vacation :) plus, my sister and her husband had matching (to the T) bands as well. very chic!

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Oh, my DH would HATE that! Lol!
But he is VERY particular and wants his ring to look as manly as possible.
That''s interesting, though, you don''t see as many matching bands anymore, are they
coming back in "style?"

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
jcarlylew...LOL...it''s funny but my FH wasn''t too fond of them either. Although he liked the idea of matching bands. The one he picked ended up being a plain platinum band with polished grooves. No diamonds or engraving for him! So we''re going pretty classic. But I still like the women''s set, maybe as a RHR
31.gif
. I like how organic they look...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I have pics of my band and DH''s band floating around here somewhere, just not together...my "everyday" band is a match of DH''s (wg with milgrain) only it''s a 4mm - his is 5.5mm. While we both love my wedding set (EC ER with a thin bead set w-band), we both also like looking down and seeing the exact same ring on our fingers. I think it''s a really classic look.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our bands are a perfect match to each other- 6mm double weight comfort fits with a milgrained edge in yellow gold. I guess we''re just the old fashioned type. LOL! We got married ten years ago and I don''t think we ever considered what was in style when choosing the bands to take our vows with since we''re Catholic and we have to be married with "solid bands of gold".
I guess that''s old fashioned too! I let him choose the bands we got married in since I was picking out everything else.

I don''t have a picture of them, but I''ll try to take one. His dress band coordinates with my wedding set. Both are channel set.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance flat out refused too...NO diamonds - the mere suggestion was laughed at! Plain 6mm, period!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
actually - does anyone know of a thread that shows pics of mens ring? there are many that talk about them and point out various vendors...but I can''t find many pics here...

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2008 6:53:23 AM
Author: waterlilly
My fiance flat out refused too...NO diamonds - the mere suggestion was laughed at! Plain 6mm, period!
I think most guys prefer the simplicity of a plain band. When my BF got married almost five years ago, I found a vendor for them on line (I think it was e-weddingbands.com) and she let her hubby pick out their bands too. He chose 4mm plain rounded edge white gold bands for their wedding.

My husband never asked for a diamond band. I got him one a couple of years after our wedding so he would have some different to wear when we got dressed up.

LOL! I don''t think alot of guys think of diamonds as being manly. Of course I disagree, but my husband also likes white bread!
He has very simple tastes.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Even though ours are not technically a "matching set" since they were all bought individually (and from different places), they do match in their own way:

all.together.02.JPG

His band is titanium with diamonds and yellow sapphires. My center stone is a yellow sapphire
1.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I used to like the idea of matching bands...that is, until I got a pave engagement ring and decided to have a pave band. FI would never want diamonds in his band. However, I do like what he choose for his ring: it has a beveled edge, which sort of mimicks the knife edge of my ering in that it''s shaped, not rounded. He almost got a knife-edge band, and then decided against it....but that would have been awesome.

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
We didn''t get matching bands which is good since I change mine every 5 years or so! It''s hard to find something both of you like.

Poshpepper: I LOVE your rings.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Thank you MMMD!!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are ours, 14K 6mm heavy weight comfort fits.

IMG_0335.JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For dress up-

Dress_0355.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results