shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some advice re: my band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
I attached a picture of my ring, currently a 1.02 RB, G Color, ideal cut, SI1. I initially thought I wanted a simple setting like the one I have so that''s why my fiance got me. Now I think I want a halo or the like. I am going to look at some halo settings on Tuesday. What do you think?

266691.jpg

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Here is one that I like.

CR66.jpg

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I think a halo would be beautiful on your stone if that is the look that you''d like. Personally I don''t love the band portion of the setting here only because I feel that where the split shank joins and continues around it is a little thick/blocky - esp. compared to the slender band you have now. (JMO
1.gif
) I think you could find a similar halo setting with a more delicate band. I can''t remember who (Maisie?) but a PS''er recently got a beautiful split shank halo from WhiteFlash if memory serves. Good luck with finding your dream setting!

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
You''re right, it is a little thick. I''d like a thin halo.

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
I really like these from Blue Nile too.

DM90501400_200zoom.jpg

legatogirl

Rough_Rock
I really love that first setting posted from Blue Nile. I like it b/c you still get the extra bling around the diamond of a halo but the band itself still has the sleekness of a solitaire. I also like the delicate detail underneath the diamond. It all depends on your taste and what you have in mind-I hope that you find what you are looking for-good luck!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I love halos if they are delicate and don''t take away from the center stone. Done right, they can make a small stone look bigger. But if overwhelming as in the first photo with the split shank, a bulky halo can swallow up a nice center and make it appear small and insignificant.

My impression of your ring as is -- you have a nice size stone that in no way needs to have its size enhanced. But it is also not so large that a halo would increase the circumference to ridiculously huge proportions on your hand. A solitaire is a totally different look than a halo, and either choice will work beautifully with your diamond.

Personally, I think your diamond on plain band stands on its own and would look stunning with a shared prong round diamond eternity or half-circle eternity wedding band.

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Now I am considering a Tacori setting with a very thin halo.

decisions, decisions.
23.gif

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
I love this Tacori esp.

2504RD7_main.jpg

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
RxTechRN2b, I totally agree with you. Your ring now is simple and gorgeous, but a thin halo would also be lovely.

I vote for that tacori one ;-)

legatogirl

Rough_Rock
I vote for the Tacori also!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I also vote for the Tacori. I have seen it in person and it is divine
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
i personally like your ring and love the simplicity of it. That being said, here''s a pic of my lovely darling with my new band. Our center stone is almost identical in size so it''ll give you an idea. there are other pictures of mine under the Show me Your Tacori thread and also under my Vow Renewal non-pro Pic thread in BWW. :) Cheers!

newbandwithering2.JPG

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
well that was particularily gargantuon. Sorry ''bout that!

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Cello, your ring is gorgeous. Which Tacori setting is that?

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
it''s 2502 and i love love love it to pieces :)

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Cello! GORGEOUS!

Js_Diamond what''s on your mind? Any of these appealing to you??

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I think that Tacori halo is gorgeous, and I also love the halo settings from WF.....Good luck with your decision...so many gorgeous settings to choose from!!!!!

eta: You may want to check out this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-tacori-2620-ring-and-eternity-band.86248/

I think this is the setting you are interested in?
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oops...just realized the ring I gave you the link to is slightly different than the one you posted about (pave band vs. plain band). I love both styles though!!!
2.gif

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I tried on the Tacori setting yesterday and while I love it, I think I am going to stick with the solitaire. Now I am thinking I want a six prong classic Tiffany setting in platinum. My white gold band is already yellowing, which I have read is common. I really want an eternity band when I get married and love the look of the plain band w/it.

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Also, does Tiffanys sell its mountings alone?

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yay! Good call :) I am a solitaire lover for sure.

Tiffany does not sell the settings alone, but you can get one really similar from many PS vendors :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results