shape
carat
color
clarity

Great story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
The Washinton Post ran a story today about a couple in Fairfax Va finding a 3.02carat solitaire diamond ring. The ring was valued at 40,000 and was found on the ground in a parking garage. It had an engraving inside that said Mervis 2000. The couple went to the newpaper and Mervis looking for the owner. July 11th they found the owner. He had a certificate that matched up perfectly to the ring. The man said his wife was in New York and when he called her she was sobbing with joy. The couple said they really could have used the money but it was the right thing to do to give it back. How heart warming is that?
36.gif

Welsh Girl

Rough_Rock
Wow that''s a great story, what a happy ending.
I do hope if ever I lost my ring someone would try to find me, mental note to get it engraved inside just in case.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
We have homing chips in our dogs. I wonder if we could get one embedded in the shank of our diamond? Fabulous story!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know there was a post about it in Hangout, but I hadn''t heard the ending. What a good story! I wonder how the ring got there in the first place?

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I saw the first part of that on the news!

Did they say HOW it ended up in that parking garage?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Washington Post says the woman always took her ring off to apply lotion and they think that''s how it happened. I guess maybe it was in her lap or something so it fell when she got out the car.

The folks that found it were given a reward and they are going to donate the reward to charity. They went on to say that if the owner hadn''t been found, they would have auctioned off the ring and donated the proceeds to charity. They could use the money but they said they didn''t earn it and weren''t brought up to keep what they didn''t earn.

How''s that for a heartwarming story amidst so much bad news in the paper? Their good deed will be returned to them I am sure - good karma!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results