shape
carat
color
clarity

Delster & Retsled''s Leon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful set, it looks perfect on you. I think that is one of my favorite settings that I have seen. Congrats on your engagement
36.gif
36.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning!! Congrats!!
36.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Oh WOW. It''s positively HEAVENLY on your hand!

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Oh WOW. That is a stunning, classic, elegant ring. What a beautiful symbol of your engagement. Congratulations!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all sooo much for your well wishes and all your compliments on the ring. There are too many posts at this stage to write back to everyone invididually I think! I will try and come back and answer individual questions...

I am in love with the ring and so happy in our choice. Yay!!!
36.gif

BF says he is going to buy me an ultrasonic and so I will attempt another photoshoot once I get it all cleaned up. I think a few flower shots are in order!

Cute story - I got up early one morning last week and left the ring with my Mammy (who was still in bed) while I went off to make us a nice morning cup of tea. When I came back down the hall with the tea, I could hear her in the bed whispering to the ring 'oooh soooo spaaarkly' and 'shiiiiny'. I peeped round the corner and she was playing with it, watching it throw rainbows out onto the bedroom walls (by the way, this was in an almost pitch dark bedroom!). I brought her in her tea and she started showing me how much shinier it is than her diamond, how much bigger, how much whiter, the arrows, everything. She was genuinely revelling in the fact that this Infinity diamond was out-performing her own (absoutely gorgeous and blindingly white) stone. Mammys are the best
16.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 11:52:49 AM
Author: scarlet16
Oh yay!!! CONGRATS!!! It is stunning; no surprise! Is that a surprise sapphire I spot?

How did you like my hometown btw?
scarlet, yes miss eagle-legal eyes, it''s a surprise sapphire! My birthstone
30.gif

We had a blast in NY, I''ll post pictures up on my NY thread
36.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 12:14:11 PM
Author: Deelight
:) They are just beautiful sheer perfection :)

I can''t wait to see your handshots, I bet it is even more amazing in the action shots :).

Hehehe when I finally get mine we will be carat and colour twins LOL
9.gif
Oh, how cool, carat and colour twins!
36.gif
I can''t wait to see your setting Deelight and to hear all about your trip around Europe! It''s going to be fantastic!!!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 12:16:58 PM
Author: gwendolyn
BEAUTIFUL!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That''s an interesting way for Leon to photograph the ring with the band.
3.gif
Can''t wait to see some handshots of that beauty, and hear the significance of that pretty little hidden stone in your e-ring. Congrats again, my lovely, and to you too, retsled! So I''m curious, what day number was it on the countdown when you actually proposed? 106? Or did I lose count?
3.gif
Gwen apparently there were TWO countdowns! One was the ''official'' countdown - the one to my original thesis submission deadline. And then there was another countdown - the one to his planned proposal date. So he proposed on day 0 of his countdown, obviously, but I think it was like day 100-and-something of my countdown
2.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 1:17:52 PM
Author: omieluv
Very nice! I especially like how he designed the setting to sit flush with a wedding band.

Question for you. Which ''classic'' setting does this correspond to on Leon''s website? He has a few of them and I cannot pick out which one it is. I am guessing that it is a modified version of r572, but I could be wrong.
Hi omieluv!

I think BF asked Leon to base it off of r909. They agreed to make two big changes - single claw prongs (on Leon''s recommendation), and to shrink the doughnut under the diamond in order that a wedding band can sit flush with the band of the engagement ring (again, this was Leon''s recommendation for how to accommodate a wedding band while still maintaining the integrity of his solitaire design). BF also specifically asked for a cathedral setting and I think he was expecting something a bit more pronounced than what it ended up as, but we gave Leon free reign on the design, and we actually love it how it turned out.

r572 looks pretty similar all right but something about the band seems different. I can''t quite put my finger on it. It could just be the size of the whopper stone in that image that''s throwing me off though!
2.gif

Hope that helps!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 2:06:09 PM
Author: didiamond
I know I always say it but I''ll say it again....ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL LEON!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I can''t wait to see it on your hand. I read both of your threads and want to hear all about your trip to NYC.
Thank you! I''ll post all about our exploits up on my NY thread
2.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 3:17:10 PM
Author: WishfulThinking
Oh goodness- it''s PERFECTION.
30.gif

I am so happy for you both, and the ring is out of this world beautiful!! The little surprise sapphire [is that what it is?] is darling, and I''m loving the modification on the donut part! You must be so pleased!
36.gif
Thank you Wishful! Yup, it''s a sapphire, well spotted!
9.gif

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Delster! Your ring (and set) are so beautiful!
I love low profile rings and of course all things Leon, so yours is perfection
30.gif

Enjoy!
36.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 4:46:19 PM
Author: Po10472
Congratulations Del, its absolutely stunning!! I''m looking forward to more pics and your experience in NYC.

Po
x
Thanks Po! I''ll post some pictures up in my NY thread one of these days soon, I promise
35.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 5:13:23 PM
Author: Melanie611
Gorgeous set
30.gif
. It''s so classic and elegant! Did you take those pics yourself? Can''t wait for hand shots!
Thanks Melanie! The pics with the black background were taken by Leon himself.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 5:56:55 PM
Author: katebar
Absolutely stunning Delster
30.gif
30.gif
You must be over the moon. How was New York?
Kate, thank you! NY was fabulous. Photos to come soon
1.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 6:29:34 PM
Author: bee*
It''s beautiful!!! I love it. Congratulations to you and Retsled-have the celebrations started at home yet?
Thanks bee! The celebrations have been crazy. I haven''t drawn breath in over a week!!!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is exquisite in every way! Congratulations.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 7:52:13 PM
Author: icekid
Most. Classy. Solitaite. Ever. I love it!!!! Congratulations, Delster and Restled (and job well done
2.gif
). I love the secret sapphire- so sweet. And I still can''t get over how reasonable Leon''s prices are. I mean seriously, less than whiteflash? Craziness. Congrats again
36.gif
Thank you icekid! Yes, he gave us the wedding band for a very reasonable price!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Delster!!! It''s absolutely beautiful! Love the surprise sapphire.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 4:41:20 AM
Author: gwendolyn
BEAUTIFUL, sweetness! They look gorgeous together, and that stone is amazingly white! The whole thing is just perfect! Do you know how many mm the two rings are together? I think they look perfect!
30.gif

Oh, and I''m glad your hand is looking better too! Does it feel ok now?
1.gif
Aw Gwen, thank you for asking after my handie
9.gif
Poor thing is battered to bits. For some reason I keep burning that hand, you''d think I''d learn! It has soooo many scars all over it, I''m embarrassed! But it feels fine, no problems. It just looks ugly is all!
20.gif

So I''ll have to check with FI to know for sure, but the total width of the two rings together is somewhere just under or else right on the 5mm mark I think. The engagement ring actually tapers underneath the finger a little bit, whereas the wedding band is the one width all the way around. He made them to be ever so slightly different in width I think as he believes it''s more aesthetically pleasing that way. Again, I''ll have to check with FI. They sure do look good together anyway!!!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 12:59:21 PM
Author: Stephanie
Nice to see your hand is healing well. And love, love, love the shots (and of course the ring). Tell Mr. Del that he did a fantastic job!
Thanks Stephanie! I do tell him, every day!!!
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply gorgeous! I love the addition of the surprise sapphire! Congratulations on your engagement!!!!
36.gif

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
just want to say congrats on the engagement and gorgeous Leon!!!
30.gif
30.gif

lisamarie

Shiny_Rock
Congrats again! I forgot to mention but my ring will almost be a twin of yours. 1.36 F VS2 and it''s being made by Leon - same style, single prong, but I didn''t ask for a smaller donut for the flush-fit issue. It should be ready in a few more weeks. Can''t wait! Seeing yours makes me feel excited and antsy for mine!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Delster, congratulations on your engagement to Retsled
28.gif
What you''ve got there is a bonafide family heirloom set. Wear it in good health and enjoy...it''s perfect!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful Delster! They look so gorgeous on your hand!
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 10:41:11 PM
Author: Delster
And finally, the money shot!!! (I''m a terrible photographer, I know. This is the only decent arrow shot I could get
7.gif
. I just can''t seem to capture the amazing beauty of this stone.)
ahhh, love this shot!!! MANY CONGRATS!!! Simply Gorgeous!
face23.gif

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
your ring is gorgeous!!!!!!
18.gif
it''s simply elegant. a classic beauty!!!!
1.gif

best wishes to you both.
1.gif

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
it''s amazing how much personality each and every solitaire can take on... and yours screams modern classic... there is just something about the clean, low profile that makes it different...and it makes the stone look HUGE....
congrats...love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results