shape
carat
color
clarity

My very own cushion halo!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again to everyone! I''ve been blushing all week!

RadiantMe, thanks! It was a perfect proposal - he certainly pulled out all the stops! Everyone is saying I don''t look like a 7.5... maybe because I am proportioned. I am quite tall @ 5''10"
2.gif

Cachette, Ms.Dreamy, darling,jessicat, Mom2twogirls,vespergirl, thanks for your lovely, sweet compliments
9.gif

Moonwater, I think I''ll consider the milgrain when I go to buy a wedding band - for now, I''l just enjoy as is!
2.gif

Burk, julesbeth, Linda, Holly: thanks you all - I''m so happy with how it turned out!

mrssalvo, thanks! And I''ll just take this opportunity to say your ring is fabbo!!
2.gif
30.gif

tuckins, amber, steph: you''re sweethearts! thank-you!!

aggiebling09: Thanks! I have had a few comments already. mainly on the sparkle factor...which can''t be a bad thing, right?
9.gif

gastro, sarah, dani, maisie, blingaddict: Lovely compliments. Thank you all very much!

Ifellinlovewithmybestfriend. Thanks, hon! And you must have the longest screen-name on PS!!
3.gif

Anna0499: Why thank you... I''m glad my jeweler was able to get the setting so similar. I love the elegance of the legacy. If only I could afford a real one!!
30.gif

mrssalvo: Thanks for checking back - glad you like the new pics!

Tacori E-ring: I''m glad you made it...and thanks!!
9.gif

jarbatz

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 9:14:54 AM
Author: claireabelle
JARBATZ, you''re welcome! I hope that gives you an idea of how your ERD will look... what is the style name of the ring? is it on the website?
As for a wedding date - we haven''t confirmed but hoping and planning for September 2009 (springtime in Australia!)

Thanks for remembering me! I really LOOOOVE the "Heather" but it was over our budget. Like you, I fell in love with the Tiffany Legacy, which is DEFINITELY over our budget.
29.gif

Then I found the Vatche Princess Grace, which was the price point we needed but the surprise diamond doesn''t allow for a band to sit flush, which is what I really wanted all along.

So long story short...Mark is basically having his jeweler make something like the Legacy w/o the surprise diamond.

I have one image that I was able to upload on this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-design-need-some-help.86270/

That only has a side view. I''ll see if I can attach a better picture.

There will be milgrain on the inner and outer halo and on the band and I asked Mark to square off the corners a bit more.

The band is 2.2mm and then I''ll get a matching band about the same width.

The wait is killing me!!

jarbatztiltedview2.JPG

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 3:12:51 PM
Author: jarbatz
Date: 6/5/2008 9:14:54 AM

Author: claireabelle

JARBATZ, you''re welcome! I hope that gives you an idea of how your ERD will look... what is the style name of the ring? is it on the website?

As for a wedding date - we haven''t confirmed but hoping and planning for September 2009 (springtime in Australia!)

Thanks for remembering me! I really LOOOOVE the ''Heather'' but it was over our budget. Like you, I fell in love with the Tiffany Legacy, which is DEFINITELY over our budget.
29.gif

Then I found the Vatche Princess Grace, which was the price point we needed but the surprise diamond doesn''t allow for a band to sit flush, which is what I really wanted all along.

So long story short...Mark is basically having his jeweler make something like the Legacy w/o the surprise diamond.

I have one image that I was able to upload on this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-design-need-some-help.86270/

That only has a side view. I''ll see if I can attach a better picture.

There will be milgrain on the inner and outer halo and on the band and I asked Mark to square off the corners a bit more.

The band is 2.2mm and then I''ll get a matching band about the same width.

The wait is killing me!!
Gorgeous! All of Marks legacy repros are divine! The princess Grace is lovely - I do agree about squaring off the corners a bit to make it more cushiony. Do you have a square or rectangular cushion?

I read your thread and just wanted to say that I was exactly the same with you re bezel vs prong. I originally thought I wanted a bezel (legacy) but then there were so many prong set styles on pricescope and I started to doubt my preference. There are quite a few threads on bezel vs prong so make sure you do some searches. I''m so glad I went bezel in the end because my ring looks so polished and finished off. The bezel is sooo delicate and really helps draw attention into the center diamond. I also think if you want to have milgrain - go bezel because milgrained inner bezels are DIVINE! I will be adding milgrain to my ring when I shop for wedding bands!

Can''t wait to see your ring! Hang in there - it won''t be long!
3.gif

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Hi claireabelle! Gorgeous ring and congratulations on your engagement! (Love your profile pic, too!)

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful and looks huge on your finger
9.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Your FI clearly has very good taste! Not to mention that cushion would look gorgeous in any setting, but that one is perfection!
30.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
WOWZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6.gif
6.gif

That is beautiful! Congrats!!
36.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning!!! Congrats on your engagement!

BrasiliaFlyer

Rough_Rock
I really like the "chunkiness" of the melee stones. I''m designing a similar ring, only with a Jubilee center. Do you by chance know the weight of the melee in the halo? They look to be .02 (1.6mm), but I''m bad at estimating!

Thanks in advance!

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
i can''t remember if i said anything about your ring. but i saw it again and all i can say is WOW!
6.gif
congrats to you both.
36.gif

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 7:58:25 PM
Author: BrasiliaFlyer
I really like the ''chunkiness'' of the melee stones. I''m designing a similar ring, only with a Jubilee center. Do you by chance know the weight of the melee in the halo? They look to be .02 (1.6mm), but I''m bad at estimating!

Thanks in advance!
Hi BrasiliaFlyer!

What a great surprise to see my thread still getting some comments! I''m glad you like my ring... ''chunky'' isn''t really the look I was going for... but the melee stones are quite apparent and defined which is nice - very sparkly. The band has 1.8mm and the halo is supposed to be smaller with 1.3mm but I can''t really see a size difference so maybe he did them all 1.8mm - I''m not too sure

the band is 2.5mm with 1.8mm stones. For me, it''s just perfect.
Hope this helps and good luck with your ring

kat6

Rough_Rock
Hi claireabelle, I tried to ask this in another thread but I think it''s disappeared. My boyfriend and I are considering using Delphi Diamonds for our engagement ring and I just wanted to get an idea of what they''re like to work with. Your ring is beautiful so I''m convinced that their workmanship is good
1.gif
- what did you think of the selection of stones and pricing?

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw your ring!

I think it has a vintage look to it and I totally love that! CONGRATULATIONS!

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 7:57:26 AM
Author: kat6
Hi claireabelle, I tried to ask this in another thread but I think it''s disappeared. My boyfriend and I are considering using Delphi Diamonds for our engagement ring and I just wanted to get an idea of what they''re like to work with. Your ring is beautiful so I''m convinced that their workmanship is good
1.gif
- what did you think of the selection of stones and pricing?
Hi kat6,

You won''t be disappointed with Delphi Diamonds. Joakim had a large selection of cushions in all different length:width ratios. I specified I wanted something between .90 and 1.20 and he presented a selection of about 6 stones. In the end I went for a square shaped 1.06 E VS2 cushion brilliant.

We found his prices to be very reasonable after shopping at a range of retailers and other wholesalers... and he had the largest selection of cushions (which seem to be hard to come accross down under).

My good friend has a beautiful round brilliant tiffany style solitaire by Delphi Diamonds - her ring is also stunning and her Husband did his homework and shopped around elsewhere before deciding to go with Delphi.

I have looked at similar rings (very similar specs etc) at other retail jewellers and I haven''t found anything for under DOUBLE what we paid. So there''s the reassurance I guess...

I get comments almost daily - particularly about the brilliance/sparkle! I couldn''t be happier
9.gif
9.gif

I wouldn''t hesitate - good luck and keep me posted on how you go!

kat6

Rough_Rock
That''s great, thanks heaps
1.gif

We will be going to see them in the next couple of weeks I think - we are after a round solitaire too so it''s good to hear that your friend''s is stunning. Hopefully all goes well and I will have something to add in here!

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
I am not sure how I missed it but this is so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
You should be a hand model!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results