shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Contingency Plan for NYC Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Doomaise

Rough_Rock
Hey fellow PSers,

I''m going to New York City on July 19th - 20th with my girlfriend and I plan to propose to her there. We''ll be staying with a cousin who lives in the lower west side of Manhatten.

I''ve read through all the NYC Proposal posts here, and have come up with the following plan:

I plan to wake up early on the 19th, have breakfast and then go to Central Park to walk around and check out the sights. We''ll end up at the Boathouse and I''m going to rent a row boat. I''ll row us out to a picturesque spot (side note - Anyone know of a good, picturesque, and not too busy spot at the lake?) and then I''ll do my best to get down on one knee without tipping the boat and ask her to marry me. I''m also going to get my cousin and his wife to go ahead of us and set up a picnic spot with some champagne somewhere close where we''ll meet them after we''re done our little "cruise." That night I plan on going out for a nice dinner (I''m thinking sushi as we both love sushi - any recommendations for a really good sushi restaurant?) with my cousin and his wife to celebrate, and also as a thankyou to my cousin for his help (I figure staying with him is saving us at least $400, so I can splurge on a nice dinner for all of us).

Now.....here''s my dilemma:

If the weather is not good on the 19th, then I need a backup plan.....and this is where I''m drawing blanks. So I''d really appreciate any help from those who are well aquainted with NYC as to a good proposal idea if the weather is not nice. You help is much appreciated.

Recap on questions:

1. A good, picturesque, not too busy spot at the Lake in Central Park to propose.
2. A very nice sushi restaurant for after the proposal.
3. A backup plan to Central Park if the weather is not nice.

Thanks everyone!

wse

Rough_Rock
if not central park.. i would say check out battery park city

in regards to sushi.. if you want something thats pretty busy, try sushi samba..

if you want something thats not too busy but very trendy, try haru - it''s in union square

Doomaise

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/6/2008 11:37:13 PM
Author: wse
if not central park.. i would say check out battery park city

in regards to sushi.. if you want something thats pretty busy, try sushi samba..

if you want something thats not too busy but very trendy, try haru - it''s in union square
Thanks for the suggestions.

Any recommendations for a poor weather (indoor) place to propose?

wse

Rough_Rock
metropolitan museum of art
natural history museum
world financial center
four seasons restaurant
tavern on the green restaurant
per se restaurant
town restaurant
one if by land, two if by sea restaurant

MomHelpingSon

Rough_Rock
SUCH a cute idea. Be careful in that boat. If you want a restaurant that will "wow" her...take her to the restaurant used for the rehearsal dinner in the "sex & the City" movie. I read in a magazine that the scene was filmed in the downstairs room at "Buddakhan" Not sure if it is sushi, but I am pretty sure it is asian food.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results