shape
carat
color
clarity

2.2mm or 2.5mm band...noticable difference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
I know I''m talking tenths of millimeters here, but I figured only a fellow PSer would understand
20.gif
. Is there a noticable difference in width between a 2.2mm band and a 2.5mm?

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
If you wear them stacked on the same finger there will be.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2008 9:32:12 AM
Author:Melanie611
I know I''m talking tenths of millimeters here, but I figured only a fellow PSer would understand
20.gif
. Is there a noticable difference in width between a 2.2mm band and a 2.5mm?
From experience I can tell you yes, there is a noticable difference. I ordered two 2.5 mm palladium bands to wear as guard rings and they sent me one 2.5 mm and one 2.2 mm and they were a disaster as guard rings. I had to return them both because I didn''t trust the manufacturer anymore. I do love the 2.5mm size. It''s a just right size.

swayed

Rough_Rock
I tried on two erings that were very similar, but one was 2.5mm the other 2.73mm. The 2.83 felt uncomfortable to me and looked too thick for my taste...

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Tiffany style solitaire, and I tried on a friend''s ring which was similar in style, and mine was 2.6mm at the widest point (both our rings are tapered) and hers was 2.75 or so. I could definitely see the difference. I always wished my solitaire was about 0.25mm wider at that widest point, and sure enough, hers looked the way I always wanted mine to look. Mind you, it is a subtle difference, that perhaps only the wearer would see, and particularly wearers like me & other PSers that notice these things. And I must say, in photos the difference was not so noticeable to me as IRL. Also hers had a slightly higher shoulder, which also changes the look a bit.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I think so... and I think if you are wondering and asking, then yes, you will notice the difference, too! We here on PS are a notoriously persnickety bunch
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
... and we notice even very small nuances that the average consumer likely doesn''t.

Can you go into a local store and compare in person? Then you will know for sure if it is a significant difference to you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results