shape
carat
color
clarity

yellow diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
I''m thinking of changing my center stone to a yellow diamond. Does anyone have one and want to share a photo?

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Darlin - I only wish! ;-)

Welcome!
36.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Catmom has one, and it''s AMAZING.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thanks, MonkeyPie!!

Hi catwalk82, here''s a pic of my yellow.....

cmsflyring0002.jpg

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 11:32:40 PM
Author: Catmom
Aww thanks, MonkeyPie!!

Catmom, who did you buy your yellow from? I have a friend in the market, and yours is BEAUTIFUL!

gonghe181

Rough_Rock
Here''s mine...

HS974.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2008 11:49:04 PM
Author: trillionaire

Date: 7/7/2008 11:32:40 PM
Author: Catmom
Aww thanks, MonkeyPie!!

Catmom, who did you buy your yellow from? I have a friend in the market, and yours is BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks, trillionaire! I got it from my local jeweler here in Illinois, Rolland Jewelers is the name. He currently has a 2.76 FY chunky cushion with half moon sides that is pretty sweet.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
If you love fancy color diamonds then you can''t go wrong with a canary! Mine is a baby, but despite the smaller size it attracts lots of attention. Canaries seem popular on here and with the celebrities, but I''ve only seen one (besides my own) in real life.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I have a yellow diamond rhr. According to Oldminer it is technically a *dinner ring*

IMG_3059.jpg

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH, I LOVE LOVE LOVE every one of the yellow diamonds I have seen in response to my post. I have always been fond of anything yellow! Thanks for sharing your photos with me and keep them coming!!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
IluvCarats, your dinner ring/RHR is gorgeous. I love how its set like a diamond shape instead of square. And I can''t really see much detail from my blackberry screen, but it looks like it''s surrounded by white baguettes with rounds at each corner. Is your canary a radiant or princess? I hope you wear it all the time and not just when you go to dinner!! Great size on your hand, by the way.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
My mom has a FIY diamond ring. Here are a couple of pics...

jbh-ring.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 7:39:10 PM
Author: RxTechRN2b
IluvCarats, your dinner ring/RHR is gorgeous. I love how its set like a diamond shape instead of square. And I can''t really see much detail from my blackberry screen, but it looks like it''s surrounded by white baguettes with rounds at each corner. Is your canary a radiant or princess? I hope you wear it all the time and not just when you go to dinner!! Great size on your hand, by the way.

Hi Terry, Thanks! The diamond is a princess cut around .75 carat. It is baguetts and rounds - deco inspired. I don''t wear it a lot, but I really enjoy it when I do.
I love your canary halo too!
35.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2008 7:42:54 PM
Author: portia
My mom has a FIY diamond ring. Here are a couple of pics...
23.gif
WHOA, Portia!!! I''m blinded!!!
10.gif

Stats, please!!!
30.gif

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
ILuvCarats, art deco is my favorite style of jewelry! And I think 0.75 carats is the perfect size to be surrounded with a halo (of course, I''m biased since my own is 0.75 carats as well). I just think the proportions are most pleasing when the finger is covered by 2/3. And I don''t know the difference between RHR''s, dinner rings and cocktailrings, but a halo on a LARGE diamond might be dubbed a coctail ring (I''m just wondering why you were informed your under-a-carat canary is a dinner ring). I think the *official* RHR according to DeBeers looks more like cluster rings which I personally don''t care for at all.

And of course, I enjoy looking at the chunky ones as well -- that intense yellow radiant with side trillions really pops with color even from a distance! And all the other canaries in this thread are quite delicious!!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 12:51:04 PM
ILuvCarats, art deco is my favorite style of jewelry! And I think 0.75 carats is the perfect size to be surrounded with a halo (of course, I''m biased since my own is 0.75 carats as well). I just think the proportions are most pleasing when the finger is covered by 2/3. And I don''t know the difference between RHR''s, dinner rings and cocktailrings, but a halo on a LARGE diamond might be dubbed a coctail ring (I''m just wondering why you were informed your under-a-carat canary is a dinner ring). I think the *official* RHR according to DeBeers looks more like cluster rings which I personally don''t care for at all.

And of course, I enjoy looking at the chunky ones as well -- that intense yellow radiant with side trillions really pops with color even from a distance! And all the other canaries in this thread are quite delicious!!

Hi Terry!
I can''t stop laughing!
So, if you do a search about me and cocktail rings, you will find more info than you ever wanted to know about either one.
I''d link you there, but I am on a mac, and can''t figure that one out yet.
Old miner catagorized all different types of rings. It is not a dinner ring for it''s size but rather because of it''s lenght.
Anyway, thanks for the compliments and the chuckle!
35.gif

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! Iluvcarats, I think I found the thread you are referring to. Is it the one about your lovely LARGE engagement ring with a halo? Let me just say that if you wear it on your wedding finger, then it is an engagement ring, whether it is a solitaire, cluster, halo, eternity, or any other style you can think of. So let''s just say that if it''s on your right hand, then regardless of style it is a RHR! (Unless you split your wedding set and wear the band on one hand and engagement ring on the other, in that case whatever you have on your right hand is part of your wedding set and not a RHR). Wow, why is something that should be so simple so complicated?

Do you know what? Once in awhile I get a comment about my "engagement" ring (the canary halo). And I feel sort of defensive about that because I''m not engaged or married anymore. I just wear this style because I love it. Why should I not be able to wear my favorite ring because someone thinks that style is only for engaged or married people?

The other thing I noticed about this forum is that the larger rings will attract negative comments that can spiral out of control. Just recently there was one about a 4 carat halo with a split shank and pave covering every surface of metal by Leon Mege. Her thread went out of control too and there was this big debate over whether or not the negative comments stemmed from jealousy. But I see the owner of that ring left a comment in your thread saying that those people were indeed jealous. I say, they might be jealous, but they are just plain old rude and not worth the time or effort it takes to worry about what they say. I love both of your rings that I''ve seen, your big white engagement ring and your small canary RHR. Both are high-end quality and that''s something I consider of utmost importance -- regardless of size.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 4:34:37 PM
Oh my goodness! Iluvcarats, I think I found the thread you are referring to. Is it the one about your lovely LARGE engagement ring with a halo? Let me just say that if you wear it on your wedding finger, then it is an engagement ring, whether it is a solitaire, cluster, halo, eternity, or any other style you can think of. So let''s just say that if it''s on your right hand, then regardless of style it is a RHR! (Unless you split your wedding set and wear the band on one hand and engagement ring on the other, in that case whatever you have on your right hand is part of your wedding set and not a RHR). Wow, why is something that should be so simple so complicated?

Do you know what? Once in awhile I get a comment about my ''engagement'' ring (the canary halo). And I feel sort of defensive about that because I''m not engaged or married anymore. I just wear this style because I love it. Why should I not be able to wear my favorite ring because someone thinks that style is only for engaged or married people?

The other thing I noticed about this forum is that the larger rings will attract negative comments that can spiral out of control. Just recently there was one about a 4 carat halo with a split shank and pave covering every surface of metal by Leon Mege. Her thread went out of control too and there was this big debate over whether or not the negative comments stemmed from jealousy. But I see the owner of that ring left a comment in your thread saying that those people were indeed jealous. I say, they might be jealous, but they are just plain old rude and not worth the time or effort it takes to worry about what they say. I love both of your rings that I''ve seen, your big white engagement ring and your small canary RHR. Both are high-end quality and that''s something I consider of utmost importance -- regardless of size.

Thanks for your kind words Terry!
It all makes me laugh now. I love my ering. I actually did a big PS no-no - I fell in love with the setting and then found the stone. I could have gotten a smaller diamond, but then there would have been less prongs around it, and it would have completely changed the shape of what I think of as petals. They would have been bigger and looked more like a star instead of a flower. So it is big. And along with my little hands yadda yadda yadda..But,I really love it. What propted my question about size in the first place is that I was getting some snarky comments IRL, and as you know with your beautiful canary, when you love something and are proud of it, it feels bad when people rain on your parade.

Having read through some of your other posts - sounds like it is a good thing that your ex is an ex!
9.gif

And congratulations on almost being an RN - you REALLY ROCK!!
36.gif
35.gif

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, yellow diamonds are amazing. Definitely on the "if I win the Lottery" list.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results