shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this ring? Speak now or...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked at the ring called Enchantment on the knox site? Make sure you click on the photos is has an awesome profile. It is in the antique and retro section page 7. You could easily have the center stone prong set to eliminate the bezel metal around the center stone. Would be stunning as well. I am hoping to go see this ring in person in the next few weeks.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually really like the ring you asked for feedback on. I think it''s very cool looking and a bit different. Stepping back from your list of criteria, when you look at the ring, does it look like siomething she would wear? Sometimes your gut is best. Also, if you bought it is it returnable and would your feelings be hurt if she wanted to choose something else? If it''s not returnable and your feelings would be hurt, then some of these other (LOVELY) choices are probably safer bets. Good luck. My DH chose my ring w/o any input at all from me and I loved that he had the confidence and just did that (just my experience, of course). Best of luck!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the serial no. 110PP1 you posted from Pearlman''s (It''s a Beverly K). It looks like it has split claw prongs. It''s gorgeous and since she loves the antiquey look, I think this ring gets you there. The price is reasonable too considering the amazing workmanship.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, but agree it has a tinge of modernity to it.

I like the halo idea though, so could you find one without a split shank, and maybe then it would have the thin band with halo on top effect? Which I think is stunning by the way, and would be great with skinny fingers too.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and I would totally wear it but the design does look sort of modern . Have you checked out the Beverley K. stuff on pearlman''s?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a fan of the split shank from Knox, because I prefer a shank that starts out as one and splits at the crown. Knox does have a pretty good rep around here, and their prices seem to be pretty good, so...

How about these:
Knox Amante
Knox Crown
Knox Tulip

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Thats a lotta bling! Pretty!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 8:26:19 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Vatche is a very nice brand, so is Beverley K. Another nice quality halo is this one:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Halo-Prong-Ring-by-WF_941.htm

I would prefer these 3 brands over Knox.

Ditto! I''m not a fan of that setting because the profile seems very chunky and unfinished looking. I would go for any of the Beverly K''s or the WF halo. The Vatche looks nice, too. Good luck-if you know she loves halos and you''re getting her one, you''re on the right track!

theplumber

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 7:33:41 PM
Author: RxTechRN2b
If she likes halo''s don''t worry, you can find them with an antique flair. I bought my halo RHR new and people ask me all the time if it is an antique. The center stone is bezel-set and there are no prongs even on the melee(sp?). I love how smooth the whole ring is, all the little diamonds in the halo and down the shank are set in a style that I don''t even know what it''s called. No beads, pave, burnishing, or prongs to be seen anywhere. There are little holes on the sides of the ring beneath each stone, and that''s where the platinum was brought together to surround the little diamonds. I think whatever setting that is really contributes to the antique look of it. You are on the right track. Not sure of the quality of Fay Cullen but she has some gorgeous antique style halo engagement rings on her website.

I looked at the Fay Cullen site and saw some excellent rings, thanks for the advice. here is one that I liked.

http://www.faycullen.com/engagement_rings/800/e1029r5d.html

Has anyone dealt with them before?

artdeco5.jpg

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I love the split shank from Knox. They could probably engrave the sides if you want to make it look less contemporary. I don''t see the side profile as being a big issue since in real life, the ring will be much more delicate than in these huge blown up photos.

The only other thing about this ring is that I don''t see wearing a band with it, if she wants a set. No big deal, though, I wore a stand-alone ring for 15 years. I think the ring is stunning and it would work really well for a .75 ct.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

maisiehalo111.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

maisiehalo333.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results