shape
carat
color
clarity

A Small Accident Leads: to a beautiful halo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
style="WIDTH: 96.58%; HEIGHT: 113px">Date: 6/28/2008 12:15:26 PM
Author: 2danes

I guess now I have to figure out how to clean in since I shouldn''t put pave in my ultrasonic, right? Ah, what to do? I don''t EVER want it to get dirty.

Annie
Annie~

I have six pave-set RBs on my e-ring, and my w-band is a full eternity band with pave-set RBs the whole way around. So, I have some serious pave! LOL!
2.gif

I definitely DON''T clean my rings in an ultrasonic, mainly because I don''t own one!
9.gif

I''ve ordered the Frontgate version of the Salton Jewelry Spa, because everyone here on PS loves theirs so much. It has an ionic cleaner (NOT ultrasonic) as well as a steam cleaner, both of which are supposedly safe for pave. But, it''s backordered until mid-July!!!
39.gif

Until it gets here, I''ll just continue doing what I''ve always done. I just scrub them both with my Connoiseur''s Jewelry Cleaner! It comes in a little jar with a little brush included, and you can get some at Wal-Mart. Works great!
16.gif

BTW, I just checked back in here because I needed to get my daily fix of your GORGEOUS new ring!!!
30.gif
18.gif
36.gif

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear about your accident! I flinched when I saw the pictures of your half-ring
7.gif

But the good news is that this new ring is sooooo gorgeous!!! I am bookmarking the James Allen site in case I want a halo ring in the future. I love the simple setting and how close the center stone lays with the halo..

Date: 6/27/2008 12:26:07 PM
Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments and well wishes!
I''m so happy with it. The only issue is sizing. It''s a size 7.5. My original setting was a 5.5! So, obviously it swings around a bit.
My doctor says that my finger size WILL come down, though, but it might take up to a year!

I spoke with Josh from JA yesterday, and they''ll be happy to size it down the road, so for now, I''ll just wear it happily!

IfIfellinlovewithmybestfriend It is a VERY delicate setting, and I''m NOT a very delicate woman, I''m not sure that I feel like need to be cautious, though. Even though the cutlet is exposed, the diamond is not set very high, so I don''t feel like I''m going to catch it on things. My only concern currently is the spinning.

Oh, and the diamonds do NOT go all the way around (they look like they do on the JA website, but in actuality, they only go about half way down, in my opinion that helps with durabilty.

I''ll be happy to take more pics, lol, if there are any specific shots you want your boyfriend to see
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you so much for replying! I was more worried about the opening of the cutlet and no support under the diamond more than the band I think. I am also eyeying the XE1, which is essentially the same ring
http://www.danhov.com/?page=collection&catID=2&sub=20

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of the most beautiful settings I''ve ever seen.

36.gif

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2008 5:17:38 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
style="WIDTH: 96.58%; HEIGHT: 113px">Date: 6/28/2008 12:15:26 PM

I guess now I have to figure out how to clean in since I shouldn''t put pave in my ultrasonic, right? Ah, what to do? I don''t EVER want it to get dirty.

Annie

Annie~

I have six pave-set RBs on my e-ring, and my w-band is a full eternity band with pave-set RBs the whole way around. So, I have some serious pave! LOL!
2.gif

I definitely DON''T clean my rings in an ultrasonic, mainly because I don''t own one!
9.gif

I''ve ordered the Frontgate version of the Salton Jewelry Spa, because everyone here on PS loves theirs so much. It has an ionic cleaner (NOT ultrasonic) as well as a steam cleaner, both of which are supposedly safe for pave. But, it''s backordered until mid-July!!!
39.gif

Until it gets here, I''ll just continue doing what I''ve always done. I just scrub them both with my Connoiseur''s Jewelry Cleaner! It comes in a little jar with a little brush included, and you can get some at Wal-Mart. Works great!
16.gif

BTW, I just checked back in here because I needed to get my daily fix of your GORGEOUS new ring!!!
30.gif
18.gif
36.gif

Emm,
Thanks, as always, you are so sweet!
I''m going to give my ultrasonic to a friend, and invest in a steam cleaner. In the meantime, I''m off to buy some cleaner! I can''t bear or my rig to get dirty, lol!

Annie

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Wow!
thanks facetgirl!
after drooling over so many beautiful PSers rings for so long, it''s lovely to finally have a setting that I adore!

Amusingly, DH and were out to dinner last night, and a he was looking at my ring he asked, "Are you sure they used your original diamond? It really does look bigger!"

Oooh, ya''ll it''s unreal how much i LOVE this setting.

Annie

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about your accident but WOW, what a great change to come out of it! Your new ring is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Your old ring looks kinda sad being halved like that but then again I''ve never seen an
ER looking quite like that. I look at it like..."here''s the engagement ring. I''ll give you the other half when we get married!"
32.gif
Okay, I''m sorry. I didn''t mean that.

Either way, your ring is beautiful. I hope that your finger continues to heal!

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!! Sad accident, beautiful outcome, and I would have done the same thing by getting it before all the swelling went down and having it resized later.

I have a few questions for you if it''s okay

1st, How did you decide what size stones to put into the halo and down the ring, or did it just come one size?

2ndly, I there a slight airline between the halo and the center?

Price, if you don''t mind talking price...do you know, does the price change depending on what size center and ring it is made for?

Thank you in advanced and once again, It is gorgeous!

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/5/2008 9:06:47 AM
Author: lauralu
GORGEOUS!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!! Sad accident, beautiful outcome, and I would have done the same thing by getting it before all the swelling went down and having it resized later.

I have a few questions for you if it''s okay

1st, How did you decide what size stones to put into the halo and down the ring, or did it just come one size?

2ndly, I there a slight airline between the halo and the center?

Price, if you don''t mind talking price...do you know, does the price change depending on what size center and ring it is made for?

Thank you in advanced and once again, It is gorgeous!

I''m totally happy to answer your questions!

I didn''t decide about the size of the halo. My ring came from James Allen''s website, it''s a Danhov design. I''m not sure if the halo stones would vary depending on the size of the center stone, but that''s something that a JA representative could totally answer (they were so great to work with!)

I''m not sure what you mean by airline? So forgive me if I don''t answer this one correctly. They setting is a prong set, not a bezel. I wanted my stone to be slightly lifted up from the halo, so if that''s what you mean by airline, then yes. There''s a slight lift, the diamond doesn''t sit flush. I''m not a fan of the "plate" look that some halos have.

The price for my setting wouldn''t change for the center stone. It would change for metal type. Platinum vs White gold.
check out the james allen website for more info.
35.gif

My setting is the danhov ME29, but oooh, there are so many lovely ones to choose from.

Annie

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
How awful that you had to go through so much, but it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
30.gif

Wear it in good health (and safety)!

2danes

Shiny_Rock
I''m OBSESSED ya''ll!

I took a few pictures with my current wedding set.
The platinum band I currently wear on my right hand, and think I will leave it that way.
My eternity band (recently lost a stone...) will NEVER fit on my LH, but I''m actually not sure
it goes anyhow.

So, here''s another one of my precious sitting all by herself. I think I like her best that way!

tablealone.jpg

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Now,
Here is my new setting with my wedding set, taken on my RH. Man, taking pictures with my left hand is hard.
I don''t think I like the eternity band with the new setting. It''s too much. But I like it with the simple platinum band...
hmmmm, something to think about...

setofthree#.jpg

2danes

Shiny_Rock
oooh, that didn''t work, I''ll rename the pic and try again.
Seriously, I''m a 40 year old with 90 year old hands!
aRgh!

dishpanhandsyikes.jpg

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a closer shot of the three

closersetofthree!.jpg

2danes

Shiny_Rock
And.. .the last for now, on Sophie''s back.

Thanks for indulging me all, I understand this obsession now.

Annie

dogsetofthree.jpg

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I personally, can''t get bored with looking at more pics of your stunner!!!!!!!!
9.gif
You should try and get us some fire shots, perhaps?

2danes

Shiny_Rock
lol,
I''m such a spazz with the camera joflier!
Perhaps I''ll luck out and end up with a "fire" shot in one of my many fumbled photo shoots!

Thanks for your kind comments!!!

Annie

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Your reset diamond is stunning in it''s new halo home. What a freak accident! I hope your finger is not in any pain and that the swelling eventually decreases. My ex-husband is a mechanic, and he never wore his wedding ring because of just that thing -- getting caught in something and having a severe injury or even amputation.

Well, at least you had a great reason to get a new setting. My canary (the one in my avatar) is around the same size as yours -- and the under-one-carats are just glorious in halo''s because the increased circumference doesn''t end up looking too big in proportion to the finger.

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
It''s a beautiful halo indeed!!
36.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2008 12:01:30 PM
And.. .the last for now, on Sophie''s back.

Thanks for indulging me all, I understand this obsession now.

Annie
Oooooh, Annie, I love this one!!!
30.gif

Of course, you probably knew I would! LOL! Gotta love that merle fur!
2.gif

BTW, I think your eternity band looks FABULOUS with your new setting . . . not too much at all! In fact, I think it looks really nice with all three rings together, too! BLING!!!
10.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry that you had to go through such a "freak" accident but I can see that it may have been well worth it! The ring is simply stunning! You deserve it! I don''t know if you should be upset at your pooches or give them a huge hug! LOL! I hope that your healing is going well. I imagine the reset will give you the healing that you need!
2.gif

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
3.gif
haven''t got to comment yet...but I LOVE your new ring!! SO fine!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results