shape
carat
color
clarity

2.5mm bands or thinner...how often do you wear alone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
I love the look of thin bands, especially when stacked. But I was wondering for those of you who have 2.5mm or thinner wedding bands, how often do you wear the band alone?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.5mm is fine to wear everyday, it begins to be more of an issue when you get under 2mm. I used to have a ring with 1.4mm bands and it smooshed with impact from a door...but then probably most rings would have.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2mm solitaire engagement ring and a 2mm band. I never wore the band by itself and ended up getting them soldered together. I have a 5mm tungsten band (matches my husband''s) that I wear on vacation etc. The 2mm band just seemed to get lost on my finger when I wore it by itself. And I have tiny hands. :)

Just a thought though - I have a plain 2mm band. I think 2mm eternity bands or bands with stones can stand on their own.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
My Ering is 2mm and although I love the look of it alone, I tend to always wear it with a band (either Wband or one of my stackers) because I don''t feel ''married'' without the band - as strange as that sounds....

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
kcoursolle, I''m not too worried about the everyday wear, but more on how it would look. I tried on a 1.7mm band, and it just seemed too thin on my finger when worn alone. But stacking it with other rings, it was perfect. I''m hoping a 2.2mm band will look substancial enough on it''s own.

geckodani, I felt the same way about the 1.7mm band. It looked almost like I tied a piece of yarn tied around my finger...a sparkly one
2.gif
but too thin on it''s own.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Melanie - Exactly! Pretty, but insubstantial. :)

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
mela lu, I was just staring at your avatar
30.gif
I love your set! Can you tell me how wide your band is? Any additional pictures?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2mm u-prong band I have been wearing alone, and it feels pretty nice after my insanely heavy old e-ring - like I am not wearing anything at all. It''s just enough to look like a wedding band without being huge.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''ve worn my 1.7mm alone once when it went from really cold to really hot and my fingers swelled up...otherwise, I think it looks weird on my pudgy fingers. I have a 2mm yellow sapph stacker that I wear with it sometimes, and I like the look of that.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted a pink diamond band to put between my two round white diamond bands, but the more substantial sizes were out of my price range. So I got a teeny-tiny M. Silverstein pink diamond rose gold band from his gossamer collection. It was around 1.5mm if I recall (my T&Co bands are more like 3mm) and much "shorter" in height, that band simply got swallowed between my two celebration rings. So I tried wearing it on it''s own but the color of it just blended into my hand, well, it was just too small. So I ended up sending it back and getting the OGI horizontal baguette band in 3mm and created a very nice contrast to my stack ring set.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
MELANIE611:

Here is one thread where I have lots of pics...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hooray-upgrade-is-finally-set-properly-and-back-on-my-hot-little-hand.65673/

and here is one with more specific details on the wedding band:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/excellent-toronto-jeweller-bandiera-jewellers.64564/

Enjoy!

ETA: I have a wee tiny band that (1.5mm)approx that I never wear alone as I think it get lost on my finger...
see next posts

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
alone...

IMG_3702.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
alone on finger

IMG_3704oktopost.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
with e-ring. these are terrible pics...but I just snapped them quickly at the office. I''ll have to do some better pics soon
40.gif

IMG_3707oktopost.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2.5mm sapphire band I wear as a spacer and I wear it alone once every couple of weeks or so. My ring finger is a size 8, so it looks pretty insignificant on its own, but I don''t mind. On my hands, thin is in!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My ering shank is 1.5mm and I've been wearing it almost everyday for the last 2 years with no problems. It's barely scratched. The graduation ring I bought myself a couple of months ago is a 2mm sapphire bezel ring and I love wearing it on a daily basis. My wedding band is a 2mm WG band and I plan on wearing it 24/7, probably often alone. I love thinner bands! I have smaller hands, so it works.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I have been wearing my 2.5 mm Tacori baguette band alone since my e-ring is not yet out of layaway (already married, so I could do it backwards!) I like thin bands. I will probably wear it alone on occasion even when I have the e-ring. Maybe I''ll get a stacking band or two for another look. Who knows?

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I have a sort of "spare" wedding ring that is 2.5mm or smaller, but I never wear it alone. In fact, almost never wear it with its matching e-ring. My fingers are on the rather longish side, and such thin bands do seem a little lost on my fingers. I chose my 4mm wide wedding band because I wanted it to look substantial enough on its own. I like very thin bands if they are together, but alone I do like more width.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results