shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures as promised of my cushion!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful stone and ring! Love your pics!
36.gif

lablover

Rough_Rock
Thanks nutmeg, maisie and Irishbreakfast!!!! I''ve had my ring for a month now and I couldn''t be happier with it!!!!!!
36.gif

Nutmeg...first off WELCOME and congrats on your upcoming engagement!!!!
35.gif
You should post info and pics about your stone....I know everyone loves seeing cushions on this site!!! LOL!! To answer your questions, yes, I got both the stone and setting from GOG (they were fantanstic to work with!!!) My setting is Ritani''s endless love setting without the halo...it is VERY delicate and beautiful, yet at the same time sturdy!!! Someone needs to correct me if I am wrong...but I don''t think James Allen is a Ritani dealer. I think you would need to purchase the stone from JA and then have it sent to another dealer (like GOG or find one where you live) to have it mounted in the setting. I believe all diamonds have to get sent to Ritani and they build the setting around your stone; so it is a semi custom setting. At least that is what GOG did with my ring!!! I wish you the best of luck..AND PLEASE...come back with pictures whatever you decide. If you have anymore questions...ask away!!!

PS: if you call Marie at GOG she will be happy to answer your questions about Ritani!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Superb cushion!
36.gif
The wedding band is perfect with it.
36.gif

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Your cushion ring is so yummy! I love Ritani''s simple styles :)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous - perfection!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Love it! That shot in the sun when the stone is just glowing lavender... to.die.for.
30.gif

Congrats, beautiful stone, beautiful ring.

Gummybear

Rough_Rock
it is so pretty!

nutmeg189

Rough_Rock
Hello again! Thanks so far for all the help, lablover! I'm really hoping i can find the perfect ring SOON. So here are the specs for the cushion cut i found from James Allen:
Carat Weight: 1.61ct
Cut: Premium
Color: I
Clarity: VVS2
Lab Report: GIA
Depth: 63.4%
Table: 64.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick
Culet: Very Small
Fluorescence: Medium
Measurements: 7.18*6.74*4.27
Ratio: 1.07

Here's the link: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VVS2-Premium-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1159638.asp

The above is along the lines of what I'm looking for. I know I want the stone to have some fluorescence to it because I care more about size than color - and I know fluorescence can help the color appear brighter. I also know I want more of a square-ish shape.

I went on GOG's site and while they have beauuuuuutiful cushions, they are all out of our price range. That's why I started looking elsewhere for the stone and setting. I called the closest place to me that carries Ritani and they said they will not set an I color stone (which I expected).
8.gif
So I guess I am out of luck here. Does anyone know if GOG will set a stone like the one above in a Ritani setting??

If it looks like I can't get GOG or another reputable place to set my stone (or whatever I can afford), I guess I am going to shop around... and then maybe take the stone to a local jeweler to see if they can make a custom setting similar to the Ritani setting. Lablover, is your Endless Love setting similar to the Ritani Classic setting? Because I LOVE the Classic setting as well.

If anyone has additional advice on the next steps I could take, please let me know. I'm assuming the stones and settings at the jewelers around me are very marked-up pricewise.. that's why I began looking online. I am in Central PA and unsure of where to look next! NYC isn't THAT far from me... but has anyone had experience with buying a stone/setting without seeing it in person? Or is that completely NOT recommended?

Again, if anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. This website is fantastic!! I'm rewarding myself at work right now - every time I finish a task, I get to browse this site!
3.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
lablover, I''m sorry I missed your thread earlier. You have another FABULOUS cushion on PS!! I love everything about it. Both of your rings look beautiful on your hand and I love the blue velvet background pictures. Take more pics!

lablover

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! I thought this thread had bit the dust!!! It is nice to have it resurrected to get some more comments on my rings!!!
1.gif

Nutmeg: Yes, it is the classic setting (aka endless love without the halo). I would contact Jon or Sarah at GOG. Tell them what you are looking for. Maybe they have something that isn''t posted on the website yet. It is worth a shot! Even if they find you something and you can''t make the drive to Long Island, Jon makes GREAT videos so you can see the stone is somewhat "real life". Also, call Mark at ERD. He is wonderful also. I looked for about 3 mos. before I found my cushion. It takes a while. It seems like the good ones are in short supply but high demand. Keep us updated on what you find out there!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Just stunningly beautiful.

shay

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what an amazing stone. Gorgeous, congrats on your beauty!!!
36.gif
36.gif

My favorite shot! Wooooa baby!

rings%203%20013_5_1.jpg

ajl

Shiny_Rock
I missed this thread the first time b/c I was out of town. I have been waiting to see this stone set and it was worth the wait. I LOVE IT!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!!!!

Enjoy looking at that fire!!

Cachette
1.gif

nutmeg189

Rough_Rock
Hey lablover - just wanted to thank you (and everyone else on this board!!) for all your help and advice. I contacted Jonathan at GOG and he found a diamond for us! I reached out to Marie as well, and we''re going to have it set in a platinum Ritani Classic setting (aka Endless Love without the halo as I understand). The diamond is a 1.53 J VS2... it''s beautiful and fits within our budget. I am really happy with it and I am almost positive we''ll be moving forward with it! Here''s a link if you care to see:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4598/

Anyway, thanks so much again. Couldn''t have found my dream ring without GOG - couldn''t have found GOG without this board and you guys!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
YOWSAH!!!! Your ring is making me rethink getting a round!
23.gif
That cushion is to DIE for!!! And I''m with Ellen on that shot you forgot to post--PERFECTION. That shot is amazing. BEAUTIFUL stone, gorgeous ring. I love it.
30.gif

lablover

Rough_Rock
Nutmeg: I am so happy you found your cushion....and that is wonderful that GOG found it for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Aren''t they awesome???? Please, please, please post pictures of your ring when it comes in....I can''t wait to see it! I checked out the GOG website your stone is absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
Jon sure does know how to pick those cushions.

Thank you everyone for your continued WONDERFUL comments about my rings! I can''t tell you how much happiness it gives me to look at it.
9.gif
9.gif

Ajl: Thank you for your comments...I remember when you posted pics of your ring, I thought how similar it was to mine. And I knew I had made the right decision with my stone and bands! I went back and looked at your rings again...BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Thank you all!

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
BEAUTIFUL! What size shank?? I''m so worried about the ring I''m choosing becuase it has such a small shank (under 2mm) and I''m scared about durability. I''ve heard reassuring things, I just wondered what size yours are! Again, its gorgeous! :)

Love2Travel

Shiny_Rock
Amazing ring! Quick question. Is that Ritani band/setting a replica of a Harry Winston setting?

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Gotta love a cushion on a dainty band! Congratulations on your engagement.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone and setting, I love the set!

lablover

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 1:15:00 PM
Author: GoingCrazy29
BEAUTIFUL! What size shank?? I''m so worried about the ring I''m choosing becuase it has such a small shank (under 2mm) and I''m scared about durability. I''ve heard reassuring things, I just wondered what size yours are! Again, its gorgeous! :)
Hey Goingcrazy29: The shank is 1.8mm and I have so far had absolutley no issues with it. I wear my rings on a daily basis, and generally speaking I am pretty rough on my rings. It seems VERY sturdy!!!! Can''t wait to see pics of your ring!!!
1.gif

lablover

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 1:51:16 PM
Author: Love2Travel
Amazing ring! Quick question. Is that Ritani band/setting a replica of a Harry Winston setting?
Thanks love2travel!!!!!!!!!! I''m not sure if the Ritani is a replica of HW...maybe someone else with more knowledge than me will chime in! I had to do a search on a HW cushion...wasn''t sure exactly what it looked like, LOL! Needless to say HW was not in my budget
2.gif
Gorgeous rings though
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results