shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Comedy in Progress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been having a comedy of errors looking for a new setting for my ring. It''s in a standard 6 prong with a plain band. I couldn''t decide on anything when we got married, so I figured I''d live with my classic setting for a while and then re-set it.

So, the hunt for the reset is on.

And the comedy or errors has begun.

I LOVE this Sholdt design: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/sholdt-jewelry/rings/01ZZ1/12/

Pearlmans only sells it for a 1 carat stone. I have a .75. Bummer.

I found it on Dimend Scaasi and was assured by a customer service rep that it could indeed accomodate a .75 stone. As I was excitedly gushing about my reset, I was apologetically informed that - They only sell it stone included.

And so, the search continues...
19.gif

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a very unique setting. Did Pearlmans ask for your diamond''s mm measurement? Some 0.75 carats can be the same in mm''s as a 1 carat stone. Maybe they can order in that setting in a slightly smaller proportion to match your diamond. Or another possibility is that you could have it made by a custom jeweler just for your stone.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Terry-

I''ve been thinking about having something similar custom made. I have not spoken with Pearlman''s yet, but will definitely give them a call.

I was just finding humor in the different responses, LOL.

I also hesitate to have something made, as I would want to see it on my hand before comitting, which is impossible with custom.

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Don''t give up hope! Pearlmans just might be able to work with you.
My dream setting from JA was listed as fitting a 1 carat stone on their website (mine''s a .88)
but when I spoke to a representative they said that fitting it to my .88 wouldn''t be a problem.
Give them a call.
It''s a beautiful setting, by the way.

Annie

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Annie!

I''m definitely going to investigate. :)

Everyone is so encouraging!

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Definitely DO!

I was VERY discouraged in my quest too-- was wondering what people had against <1 carat diamonds, lol!
I hope it works out for you as well as it did for me!

Annie

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Annie - Seriously. Seems like everything is made for 1ct or above. :razz:

I am drawn to so many different styles that I''m not really sure what I''m going to end up with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results