shape
carat
color
clarity

My CAD Drawings Are In...Want To Critique?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
Thanks Miranda! I''m leaning toward the round halo too!

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2008 9:53:51 PM
Author: luvstheflash
I hadn''t thought about 6 prongs. Do you think 6 are needed for safety?

It''s a pretty big stone. Are you getting white gold or platinum/palladium? If it''s white gold it will wear down and have to re-tipped eventually. Platinum and Palladium will not really wear down but it could still deform if struck by a hard object, same is true with white gold. To be honest regardless of the metal for peace of mind, I''d definitely get 6 prongs. Most 3+ ct rounds I''ve seen are mounted in 6 prongs. I had a customer who bought a 2.52 carat round VS2/F several years back, and I really recommended to him at the time to get 6 prongs (it was a platinum mounting)... he just called me up a few weeks ago and told me they went scuba diving while on vacation, she was wearing her bridal set and there was a current in the water or something and she was pushed into some rocks. Luckily she escaped real injury except a few scrapes and bruises, but her ring was badly mangled. 2 of the prongs had deformed, but the stone was still held in place by the other 4 even though very crooked. The whole ring basically was destroyed, we ended up scrapping it, I gave him credit for the scrap and we made a new one. But luckily he didn''t lose that stone. Anyhow I don''t mean to scare you, these things don''t happen every day and not everyone is hard on their jewelry. You just never know.

Sparkle_Girl

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED TO SEE THE HANDSHOTS!!! I LOVE HUGE RINGS!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results