shape
carat
color
clarity

My Jeff White Aqua

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone - I wanted to share my new addition - it will be unset for a year since we are about to move overseas, but it will be a fun project when I get home next yr. Jeff White was so great to work with! I realize that this is not really a desired shade of aqua but it is what I specifically wanted in sentimental memory of a ring of my grandmother''s (sadly lost during the settling of her estate years and years ago). Jeff was terrific and let me know it might take a while to find - but he did it! I love the seafoam color and adore the Asscher cut - thanks so much for letting me share.
1.gif

mmaqasscher1.jpg

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another pic - the blue tones in the middle are a reflection from my new bright blue camera!

mmaqasscher2.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh that''s a gorgeous color! I like this particular color. Take it out in the sun for us!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh what a beautiful aqua that is. I LOVE it
30.gif
. Jeff does amazing work doesn''t he?? Please take more pictures outside, so we can see this beauty. It is truly beautiful.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Babysteps, that is insanely gorgeous!!!!!
30.gif
What are the dimensions? What a beautiful stone!!! drool drool drool
3.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s absolutely GORGEOUS!! I adore that color for an aqua and what it usually means is that the aqua is unheated. Heating takes the green out and leaves the blue. You are very lucky because it can be difficult to find an unheated aqua!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the color as well, and of course it''s an asscher!!!So count me as another person who wants the specs on that beauty!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 12:09:05 PM
Author:babysteps
Hi everyone - I wanted to share my new addition - it will be unset for a year since we are about to move overseas, but it will be a fun project when I get home next yr. Jeff White was so great to work with! I realize that this is not really a desired shade of aqua but it is what I specifically wanted in sentimental memory of a ring of my grandmother''s (sadly lost during the settling of her estate years and years ago). Jeff was terrific and let me know it might take a while to find - but he did it! I love the seafoam color and adore the Asscher cut - thanks so much for letting me share.
1.gif
All that matters. Congratulations!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
This aqua is gorgeous! I just love seeing Jeff''s work!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
MonkeyPie and Linda - thank you so much! I took 2 outside shots and will post them below (p.s. Linda, your Pad is gorgeous - love seeing your avatar!)

Skippy - that is so sweet! It is 2.82 ct, I measured it and it''s about 9mmx9mm.

Catmom - thank you! and you jogged my memory, that is why it took quite a while for Jeff to get this for me, he had to locate a dealer who had some unheated rough.

FrekeChild - you are building a beauty of a collection . . thanks so much for peeking at my aqua
1.gif

Harriet - thank you! I couldn''t post for a month while we were away so I missed being able to
36.gif
your new green and red beauties - they are both amazing, elegant & glamorous!

mmaqasscher3.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I really like that color in an aqau and it''s really well cut.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Lauren! (fellow Asscher-ite
1.gif
- love your ring)

Here''s the 2nd outside shot . . . (now back to real-life, and laundry!
38.gif
)

mmaqasscher4.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boy oh Boy!!! These outside shots are beautiful!!! This aqua is amazing. LOVE the color.

Thank you for the lovely comment about my Pad. I really love it.

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your kind words. Welcome back!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your stone is just incredibly beautiful babysteps!! I can''t wait to see how you set it.
30.gif

And I''m so sorry for the loss of the original.
7.gif

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
Babysteps I love your new Aqua and I think the color is perfect!

May I ask how long it took Jeff White to find it for you?

I am really, really interested in finding something similar.
1.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much innerkitten, Ellen and RoseRed!
35.gif

Ellen, not sure about settings yet . . . I am flipflopping, in no small part because I thought I wanted a halo''d setting (like Lovey''s beauty) but your fluid, graceful setting for your recut aqua has me reconsidering!! (I love how the smooth lines of the platinum just highlight the cut and color of your stone, it is just perfect) I have the next year to debate myself, I guess!

RoseRed - Jeff was great about tracking down what I wanted - I first contacted him in Feb., and by early May he had sourced the rough aqua. I paid a very small deposit, and had the completed stone the first week of June. (He let me know immediately that it would take a little time to find what I was looking for (unheated aqua), so I was pleasantly surprised.) He''s great to work with, I look forward to doing more with him in the future. (I bought dark blue spinels for earrings from him last week). Hope that info. helps!
1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is a very pretty stone. I love aquas!

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
Really nice Babysteps
36.gif

I really like aquamarines to have the green/seafoam colouration if they aren''t that top santa maria blue. Jeff cuts great stones too, that asscher style must be a real cash cow at the moment for him (deservedly so), lol!

Make sure you look at your stone out from time to time over the next year if possible. Just because it''s a while before you can set it doesn''t mean you can''t enjoy it! Plus you might get a bolt of inspiration
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful unheated aqua!

When you see aquas with that beautiful greenish blue color, it makes you wonder why they heat so many of them to get rid of the green.

Wonderful step cut. However you set it, it will look absolutely marvelous!
36.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I *love, love, love* your new stone!! Aquamarines are my all time favorite and that color is just beautiful!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG that''s fantastic - LOVE the color, the cut, everything. And even more special because of the sentimental meaning
36.gif
36.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
babysteps, that is a gorgeous stone! I love the color regardless of whether or not it''s a prized color. It reminds me of the blues in your avatar, which I also love. How will you set it? Any ideas? Would look lovely with a micro pave or with bullet sides...Yum! Leon could do very nice things to that baby!
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh my my my--lovely lil gumdrop!
18.gif

cheers--Sharon

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 8:57:16 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Beautiful unheated aqua!

When you see aquas with that beautiful greenish blue color, it makes you wonder why they heat so many of them to get rid of the green.

Wonderful step cut. However you set it, it will look absolutely marvelous!
36.gif

Agreed!

It''s beautiful, babysteps! I love aquamarines of this color--exactly what I picture when I think of the word "aqua." To me this is the desired shade. Unheated, beautifully cut, and gorgeous! Thanks for posting!

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
Babysteps - Thanks so much for the info...that definitely answers my questions! Between yours and Ellen''s Aquas and the way my heart skipped just seeing the pics I now know that an aqua is what I truly want. (Plus, it''s my birthstone
1.gif
)I was just having trouble deciding because there are soooo many beautiful gemstones to choose from. But the seafoam color of yours really sealed the deal....absolutely gorgeous!

I, too, love the setting Ellen used with her Aqua...stones like these really don''t require a lot of embellishments! And a Leon solitaire is oh, so elegant. Can you tell that''s what I''m hoping for??
9.gif

Oh, and of course I''d love to see those new blue spinels! thanks again!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 10:16:45 AM
Author: RoseRed
Babysteps - Thanks so much for the info...that definitely answers my questions! Between yours and Ellen''s Aquas and the way my heart skipped just seeing the pics I now know that an aqua is what I truly want. (Plus, it''s my birthstone
1.gif
)I was just having trouble deciding because there are soooo many beautiful gemstones to choose from. But the seafoam color of yours really sealed the deal....absolutely gorgeous!

I, too, love the setting Ellen used with her Aqua...stones like these really don''t require a lot of embellishments! And a Leon solitaire is oh, so elegant. Can you tell that''s what I''m hoping for??
9.gif

Oh, and of course I''d love to see those new blue spinels! thanks again!
Thank you miss! And you too babysteps!

I was going to say the same thing. If your goal is to showcase your great stone, I''d keep it simple. Halos are beautiful, no doubt, but it is my personal opinion that they detract from the stone some. I was actually considering a halo in the very beginning (when I first started contemplating cutting it), but as time went on, I started reconsidering. And when Widget posted a pic of her beautiful Tourmaline? I think it was, in a Leon halo, she even said she wished she hadn''t, that she also prefers a great stone to stand alone. So that sealed the deal for me.

But, it''s all personal preference in the end, no right or wrong. And whatever you end up with, it will be stunning for sure!!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ltlfirecracker, PieFace, Flygirl, Laurel25, AmberGretchen, Surfgirl, Canuk-gal & Coatimundi - thanks so much for your nice compliments! Rosered - your birthstone? You NEED an aqua!
1.gif
Ellen - thank you so much for the thoughts on setting - I am really thinking that simpler may be better - am leaning towards a pave split shank setting but nothing on the stone/basket.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
wow, i looove it. i want a jeff white stone sooo bad.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone! Beautiful cut, beautiful color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results