shape
carat
color
clarity

My Memoire engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Simply GORGEOUS..I would love to see that ring mount with a 6 prong (buttercup-like) head on it. WOW..beauty! Congrats..and enjoy!!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
GemALLogist - Thanks and hopefully I''ll be back soon with the remade ring!

Amandine - I keep joking with my fiance and telling him I wish we were still engaged and he''s like we''re STILL ENGAGED without the ring! I should probably stop saying that. I also asked if he would propose again with the new ring -- it would be all of the fun of getting engaged but none of the pressure!
9.gif
The nail polish color is Revlon Super Top Speed in sheer cotton candy.

tiffanytwisted - I know, you gotta love some bigger diamonds, right? I just hope the band will still be delicate like the original.

beau13 - Thanks, beau! This ring normally comes with a 6-prong head but my fiance had it custom made with a 4-prong. I actually think you can request more of a buttercup head, too, if I''m remembering correctly.

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! Beautiful Ring
36.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful ring and I am so sorry about the accident but it is actually lucky it happened now and not later IMO.
So now Memoire can get it fixed properly and you can wear it without any worries or stress. I am sure it will be just gorgeous when you get it back!

Congrats on your engagement!!

Missy

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!

What a sparkler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

So pretty!
36.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
breathtaking!!! sooo beautiful! congrats....

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the size and height of those prongs really thrust that diamond up, don''t they? No one will miss seeing the size of your stone for sure!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, mb418, missy, Bliss, and kellyfish! I''m glad you like the ring as much as I do!

RxTechRN2b
, Yeah, the prongs/head were really high, which I neither preferred nor disliked but definitely exposed it to damage. I''m hoping by lowering the head it will make the ring more secure. I didn''t really think the height would be a problem because I just work at a desk all day and I take the ring off most of the time when I''m at home but I guess that wasn''t the case. And thanks, I don''t think anyone (including me!) will miss the size, either.
1.gif

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Oh WOW!
That''s stunning! I haven''t read through all of this thread yet, I was just so flabbergasted, I had to comment on the loveliness of your setting! That rock is HUGE! And So lovely!

Annie

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Okay,

Now I''ve JUST read through the whole thread.
I"m so sorry that your baby got damaged! I''m so happy that BB&B is fixing it. Honestly, it shouldn''t have been damaged so easily, but I can relate to the fear, anxiety, and stress of hurting your ring!

I hope you get that beautfiul baby back on your finger SOON! I hated not wearing my ring after my finger injury. That''s why I''m now wearing my reset ring 2 sizes too large! So it can fit over my injured knuckle!

BTW, when my reset ring came, my DH put it on my finger again and re-asked me to marry him. Very sweet.

Hope you can bear the wait! Good luck to you!!!

Annie

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Bummed about your ring mishap. I hope it comes back soon.

To answer one of your questions, no, there''s no way you should be able to bend platinum with your bare hands. That sounds like there was some sort of structural defect in the cast head or where it was soldered to the shank, or....well, something was wrong.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, I didn''t read page 2 of your thread where you hurt your ring -- I simply checked out you photos and posted my thoughts. Is the ring all in platinum or just the prongs? I wouldn''t think platinum would bend so easily like that or the ring would actually crack without you feeling it was caught on something -- definitely a flaw in the structure or design. I wonder if Memoire has had similar problems? I went back and looked closer at the photos, and it appears that the prongs are quite a bit thicker and heavier than the ring it sits on. It could be that you might need a thicker ring to go with the head, or a lower set solitaire on more delicate prongs. Or even the structural integrity might need some other reinforcement where the head attaches to the shank?? Did they say how it would be fixed? Or will they make it just as it was? I would make sure you talk to the right people so that it is done correctly and you''ll be able to wear your ring trouble-free for years to come.

BTW, I missed that "too big for anyone but an old lady" comment on page 2 as well, she needs a gentle nudge towards the "assumptions" thread in the Diamond Hangout Forum!!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I just had to add a horrifying thought that popped into my head as I was driving home from work a few minutes ago. What if you had looked down and noticed that your center diamond was gone after the ring broke? If you don''t already have insurance on it, that would be something to look into ASAP!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
lovesparklies - what a horrible mishap! I am impressed, and glad for you, that Memoire are doing everything they can to make it right.

So on the upside you get bigger diamonds! that can''t be all bad can it?
2.gif

How large were the diamonds in the band before? how wide was the band? do you know how they will be setting the head lower? I wonder if it will sit more into the band..

I just love your ring! can''t wait till we get to see the new pics.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! What a great diamond - I love it with the eternity band setting, it''s beautiful!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Hi 2danes! I''ve followed your thread and your poor, poor finger! But as you said, a small accident led to something beautiful and hopefully that will be the case for me, too. (Except I luckily didn''t have to endure bodily harm in the process.) That''s so cute that your husband asked you to marry him again. :)

purrfectpear -- I thought it was pretty weird that I so easily bent the head back into place. I''m sad that there must''ve been something structurally wrong with the ring to be able to do that.

RxTechRN2b -- You totally hit the nail on the head! We didn''t have the insurance set up yet because the ring took a little longer to be made than the store had said and my FI didn''t want to postpone the proposal so he went ahead and proposed w/o doing the appraisal and getting insurance. When "the accident" happened I was probably most upset by the thought that the whole head could have popped off instead of just bending. Ahhh! I don''t know if I really believe it, but BB&B said they were quite upset with Memoire because if the center stone had been lost BB&B would''ve had to replace it.

To answer your questions...The whole ring is platinum not just the head. The situation is just so strange because one of Memoire''s big things is that they use an extrusion process that is supposed to make a more solid ring (or something like that). Memoire is doing a few things to make it stronger -- thicker band, lower head, and they''re making a completely new ring instead of beefing up the original one. I don''t know if anyone is really to "blame" in this situation, but I must say that BB&B has had great customer service through all this and has mainly served as the middleman btwn FI and Memoire. I don''t blame them for this because they didn''t have any part in making the ring. I feel that Memoire should have advised us that the thinner band wasn''t strong or wide enough to provide a secure place to adhere the large head. So we''re hopefully talking to the right people at BB&B who are talking to the right people at Memoire to make things right!

angeline -- I never saw the specs so I''m not sure the size of the sidestones, but there were 21 or 22 of them and maybe each .07??? I probably shouldn''t even guess because I could be totally off. While the band looked delicate in proportion to the rest of the ring, it was certainly quite a bit wider than the Ritani endless love which was my other fave setting. I''m not sure how they''re going to set the head lower and I''m nervous that it''s going to look messy! Surely they''ll want to do a good job, though, right? You all can be the judge when I come back with pics!

Thanks, babysteps! Your super cute avatar makes me want to go to the beach.
10.gif

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
WOW what a rock! It looks so beautiful on your hand, wear it in good health!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is/was beautiful. I'm so surprised that the head could bend the way it did. I have a similar design from HOF. The head is set as high as yours was. I have had it for 1.5 years without incident [touch wood]. I do have the six prong head and wonder if that might add a little more security to holding your stone in place. Not that this would happen again, but just for peace of mind. My prongs are small and do not overwhelm the diamond and it just feels safer that way. I hope your ring is back on finger soon and no more incidents! We got insurance the minute we bought the stone...don't delay on that
6.gif

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Fashionvictim and risingsun!
Trust me, we''ll have insurance on the new ring before that baby is back on my hand. It was complicated getting it done earlier because I''m in DC (with the ring) and FI is in CA, and I needed to get the appraisal done but he didn''t want me to know what he paid for the ring... Anyway, it wasn''t smart not to have insurance and I literally walked around thinking irrational thoughts such as, what if I get hit by a car and the ring is damaged, or if there was turbulance on a plane I thought oh no, what if the plane went down and the ring was lost! Ridiculous. I don''t want it back until it''s insured.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results