shape
carat
color
clarity

My Memoire engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! And HUGE, so huge. I agree with diamondseeker, there have been a lot of big rings around here lately. Not helping my desire to upgrade.
3.gif
Congrats!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 11:04:08 AM
Author: lovesparklies
With my future last initial!
When I was born, my aunt monogrammed a baby pillow for me and one for my older sister. She accidentally switched our middle names, oops! I always loved the pillow though because it was all embroidered by hand. It just so happens that the incorrect monogram makes up my future married initials! I thought that was so fun. So this is my incorrect middle name, but future last name initial.
How beautiful! Memoire pieces are so perfect.

Congratulations on your wedding! Perhaps your pillow could work as a ring bearer pillow at your wedding.

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Ohmigosh, I hadn''t thought about using the pillow as the ring bearer''s pillow! What a great idea!

goldfish

Rough_Rock
Wow, that''s stunning!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring....

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly
6.gif
, it''s gorgeous!!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and huge! I love the setting, too.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and looks huge on you!

Sarahinwonderland

Rough_Rock
omg that is way too big! Well for me, I cant go larger than 2 ct because my fiance thinks it makes people look like old ladies.
14.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2008 12:35:03 AM
Author: Sarahinwonderland
omg that is way too big! Well for me, I cant go larger than 2 ct because my fiance thinks it makes people look like old ladies.
14.gif
HI:

omg, that is quite simply the rudest (or most lame??) statement I've read here today; omg did I say that out loud?
11.gif
41.gif

cheers--Sharon

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2008 9:37:23 PM
Author: lovesparklies
Ohmigosh, I hadn''t thought about using the pillow as the ring bearer''s pillow! What a great idea!
Congrats lovesparklies, your ring is fabulous! Give that man of yours a big ole'' kiss from all of us. He did great! It''s just a knock out.

I love the hand embroidery too. My grandmother and my great-grandmother (that I had the privilege to know for seven years) did that handy work too. That''s just priceless.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2008 8:56:22 PM
Author: canuk-gal

14.gif
HI:

omg, that is quite simply the rudest (or most lame??) statement I''ve read here today; omg did I say that out loud?
11.gif
41.gif

cheers--Sharon
Sharon....are you that old?
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2008 12:50:11 AM
Author:lovesparklies
I recently got engaged with this beautiful ring by Memoire. I haven''t seen many of their rings on this site so hopefully this will be a good example of their work.
Unfortunately most of the stats are with my FI who lives across the country from me so I''ll just post what I know so far. I''ll be out visiting him in a couple of weeks and will post more info when I see the paperwork.
So here''s what I do know: It''s a Memoire ring from their petite prong collection and it was purchased at the Costa Mesa Bailey Banks and Biddle (FI said the SA he worked with was outstanding). The center stone is AGS 0 Ideal cut (FI chose that all on his own -- he has no idea about my Pricescope obsession!), 2.42 carats. It''s an eternity band except for a sizing band that''s the width of one side stone. Hmmm, what else... My ring size is 5.25 and this ring normally comes with a 6-prong head but FI had it custom made with 4 prongs.
I hope you all like it! I love it! (Insert obligatory the-pictures-don''t-do-it-justice comment here.)
41.gif
beautiful !!! job well done by your FI .
36.gif
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!! I love those Memoire settings, and that rock is to die for!!!!! Enjoy it and congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure what the fuss is about...you have a large diamond, and you wear it quite well!
36.gif

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
WOW - that is a beautiful ring and looks perfect on your hand. Stunning!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!

We are the same ring size and my ring is 2 carats. How in the world is yours only 2.42?? It looks like at least 4 carats!!!

I''m baffled!

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Holy mother of e-rings!!! This is the ring I want!
Gorgeous. Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your engagement.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOAH, it''s absolutley BEAUTIFUL and dare I say HUGE. Congratulations!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
14.gif
You will be an old lady regardless ... None of us are getting younger here. I'll rather have the huge rock before hand so I can catch up with "old age" with the proper stone in hand.
emwink.gif
You know, this look is not for everyone and the OP can certainly pull it off.
As I said before to the OP, my darling you have one gorgeous ring... Don't mind the ill comments.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Your sweetie did GOOOOOD! It''s beautiful!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2008 4:05:57 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 6/4/2008 8:56:22 PM
Author: canuk-gal

14.gif
HI:

omg, that is quite simply the rudest (or most lame??) statement I''ve read here today; omg did I say that out loud?
11.gif
41.gif

cheers--Sharon
Sharon....are you that old?
9.gif
HI:

Likely (define "old), but certainly always a "lady"!
17.gif

cheers--Sharon

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That is a beautiful and big stone!! Love the setting as well.
The monogram is such a sweet story and just proves you and future hubby are meant to be!
face23.gif

I''m so sappy, I know!
3.gif

Congrats again.
36.gif

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Whoa, I''m just getting caught up here! I guess if my ring makes me look like an old lady then give me a funny hat and a stiff drink to make the picture complete! (At least that''s what I plan on doing when I''m an old lady.)
3.gif
Thanks for defending me, girls, and for all the other nice comments.
gemgirl, I''ll definitely give FI an extra smooch from the Pricescope ladies, haha!
13.gif

Courtneylub
, The ring might look extra big on me because even though I''m a pretty average ring size at 5.25, my very non-PC friend from New Orleans (not that those things are directly related!) says I have carnie hands, as in I should be in the circus because my hands are so small. Hey, they''re obviously working for me now!!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Angel7, I think the monogram means we were meant to be, too! (Plus all the other coincidences we have that maybe I''ll go into sometime. Our relationship closely mirrors that of my parents who have been married for 35 years - yay!) You and I can be sappy together.
9.gif

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Update!
I damaged my ring to the point that it has to be remade! SO traumatic.
39.gif
I was on the train up to NYC and about 45 minutes into the trip I looked down and the head of my ring was bent down toward my hand. I freaked out and pushed it back up but it was still all off kilter. (Btw, is it normal to be able to bend platinum that easily?) About 10 minutes later I noticed that one stone on either side of the center stone was missing.
23.gif
I tried looking around the floor for them but I''m sure they were long gone by then. I think I must have damaged the ring when I put my suitcase up in the overhead bin. Maybe the handle rested against the center stone and bent it?? I didn''t notice right when it happened so I can''t be sure what did it.
I sent the ring back to Bailey Banks & Biddle and they guarantee the setting so they''re fixing it for free. Turns out I also cracked the actual ring on the inside somewhere (I didn''t inspect it that closely after I took it off because I was so upset at the time). BB&B agreed that that shouldn''t have happened and traveling is a pretty normal thing and I shouldn''t have to worry about taking it off for things like that. They sent it back to Memoire to see how to fix it and we decided to make a wider band with larger diamonds (hey, at least that''s a plus) and to set the head lower. They''re remaking the entire ring although the new one will be the same style as the old one. I''ll be without it for at least a month, though, and it''s killing me! I don''t feel engaged anymore!
I can''t believe I damaged the ring so badly without even noticing when it happened. Do you think there was a flaw in the design or was it just a freak accident? Several of you have beautiful Leons with more delicate bands than mine -- have you had any problems? Hopefully the wider band and lower-set head on the new ring will solve the problem but I''m still nervous about something like this happening again.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
oh my gosh... I''m soooo sorry about your damaged ring. That does sound like a lot of damage without major trauma. I hope everything turns out OK. BUT, I have to say...YOUR RING IS INCREDIBLE. It is jaw-droppingly beautiful...
Keep us posted on the remake...

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, wow is your ring gorgeous! So sorry to hear that it was damaged! I know what you mean about not feeling engaged...on days like today when I am cleaning, etc. and not wearing it...I just feel odd.

And not to thread jack, but I love the nail polish color you have on in your original pictures. What color is it?

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know how I missed this thread the first time. That is one gorgeous ring! I''m so sorry it got damaged, but hey, larger diamonds, not a bad deal! Can''t wait to see pics of the remake!!!
BTW I loved the story about the pillow!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results