shape
carat
color
clarity

EC''s ..show me some LIFE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I like the chubby ones too. Do you think this is the way ECs are going? A kinda hybrid asscher/ec cut?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 12:09:50 PM
Author: julesbeth
Oh man! Some stunning new additions here! Love Deco, Emeraldlover1, and kittybean your emerald cuts are just divine! I love how each stone has a different personality, they are all just incredibly stunning! Thanks for adding them.

Yesterday I was in tiffany&co getting the bridesmaids gifts and I just had to check out the emerald cut engagement ring section... as I always do when going in there. I feel like the ''fattys'' are maybe getting more popular? Every ring they had out was a shoter length to width ratio, it was sort of surprising because I thought most people prefered the long 1.4 ratio emerald cuts. I have a little fatty of my own and thats what I love, what do you guys prefer?

(also the sales lady complimented me on my ring! A compliment at tiffany''s, i''ll take it!)
I''m another chubby lover (that could be completely miscontrued if I hadn''t quoted you, Julesbeth!)
2.gif

My first love was always a traditionally elongated EC, but once I discovered Asschers, I began to gravitate toward the fatty ECs.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing wrong with a little chub... ;-)

I love your asscher, btw.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
IMHO, in the world of step cuts, you can never be too chubby, just ''too thin''... ha!!
I like ''em on the chubbier side as well... although I''m still a rectangular gal. I''m still drooling over Kittybean''s and Emeraldlover''s...
hey, Emerald...any new pics????? Waiting, waiting...fingers tapping on keyboard
face20.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 11:07:11 PM
Author: GemALLogist
IMHO, in the world of step cuts, you can never be too chubby, just ''too thin''... ha!!
I like ''em on the chubbier side as well... although I''m still a rectangular gal. I''m still drooling over Kittybean''s and Emeraldlover''s...
hey, Emerald...any new pics????? Waiting, waiting...fingers tapping on keyboard
face20.gif
Do you want me to post the ones from the other thread? I will. I won''t have any more pics till its in the setting and on my hand and I don''t know when that will be! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Ok...more

finalbling1.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Gem..i feel silly since I have no new ones.

finalbling34.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
my hands are silly

finalbling45.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
another one for you...

finalbling56.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
last one till ring on finger. Happy but so anxious...

finalcleardiamond1.jpg

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
El, why are you anxious?

Your stone is to die for, its gorgeous, i love it.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Emeraldlover, your stone makes me drool. Its just gorgeous!
30.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all of you. I should have mentioned previously that that anxiety I had was revolving around the setting and having a custom one made. I''m 100% sure on the stone and up until this weekend I wasn''t 100% on the setting. That was before my boyfriend and I were walking by a store that carries Tacori and fell in love with one of their settings. I don''t know for sure but I am pretty sure that is what we are getting because bf is handling the setting from here on out and he loved it just as much as I did. He wasn''t quite sold on the custom idea either.

Now my anxiety has been wether or not we will see warmth between my stone and the setting. I couldn''t see it but I don''t want to go through all of this and be disapointed. I don''t think I will be but I''m a worry wort. PS is good for helping me with that.

SDL...really? That is the best compliment. I hope you will like the setting as much as I do. I can''t wait.

So...the bad news, its going to take about 8 weeks for it to be completed! So, I won''t be posting pics till then. I''m sorry! Let me know if you guys have any more thoughts.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
EM....
don't EVER feel silly around here. After the rules about how you can't post too many pictures or feel like you're threadjacking, that's the next rule.
THE MORE PICS THE BETTER.
I agree...your stone is EXACTLY what an EC should look like...it's what I dream about... it is stunning.
SOOOO happy for you that the angst over the setting is over....I'm sure you'll love the Tacori...
Eight weeks? HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY WAIT THAT LONG??!!!!! :)

We'll just have to help you pass the time.
Tell us about the setting. What did it look like?
I'm sure your jeweler will make sure there's not a warmth difference issue...or, at least if you are concerned, have your FI raise the issue NOW so it can be addressed to make sure it is a non-issue. ha!!!
We're here to get you through the next two months...not to worry...
All you have to do is let us look at your stone!!!
26.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have a guess as to how big Salma''s center asscher/squarish emerald cut is with the pears?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Eesh, most of those pictures are WAY off from the original. The only one that is an actual picture of the ring is Mariah''s, but Salma''s is close. I did read at a lot of sites that it is 5 carats...crazy!

Eeee GemALLogist, I get to join the EC club now! :D

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
SO FUNNY, MONKEY.. I was just responding to you in your thread while you were responding here..
I''D SAY YOU GET TO JOIN THE THREAD NOW...WOWZA...your stone is sooooo beautiful.... sooooooo happy for you...
post as many pics as you can...you know how obsessed we get when there''s a new EC to gawk at...
emotion-5.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Monkeypie - your stone is gorgeous and you must be so excited that your DH suprised you - how sweet.

Gem - where ya been? This thread has been very quiet these last few weeks.

po
x

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
ec-monkeypie.jpg

I figured out how to click and drag, woo! :)
Thanks ladies - I''m SOOOO excited! I can''t stop browsing solitaire settings now. I hope I hear back from the jewelers I emailed about it soon!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
MONKEY...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those shots... sooooo glad you posted them over here. We will ALWAYS drool appropriately in this thread...
emotion-5.gif

Your pics are great, BTW!!

PO...thanks for noticing my absence... I''ve been missing you guys. I''ve just been crazy busy with ''stuff''.... and I had out of town guests for a week as well.... but it was making me crazy not to open my big mouth on behalf of step cuts everywhere... so I''m happy to be back....ha!!!!
How the heck have you ....and all my PS pals ....been? FANTASTIC, I HOPE!!!!!!!
As your hostess, I apologize for letting things drag. I''m ready to PARTY again!!!!!!!!!!
Let''s get the party started..... Thanks, Monkey, for becoming the newest member.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
hey, has anyone heard from IDREAMOFICE since her wedding?
IDREAMI''ve been extremely remiss...I''M SO SORRY I''m so belated on my CONGRATS...HOW WAS THE WEDDING/HONEYMOON? We haven''t heard from you....
how''d everything go????????

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
EMERALDLOVER... any more hints on what you think the setting is going to be??? Any pics similar to what it''ll look like? Trying to live vicariously through you as you wait...
emotion-5.gif

PO... are you taking the summer off from your studies, I hope???

ELMORTON..haven''t talked in awhile. What''s going on? Any new pics to share?? ha!!

AND TO EVERYONE ON THIS SIDE OF THE ATLANTIC...HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!! I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A FABULOUS LONG WEEKEND!!! To everyone on the OTHER side of the Atlantic...I hope you have a smashing weekend as well. I just LOVE holiday weekends... I hope everyone has the best ever.... OF COURSE, if anyone happened to take out a camera this upcoming weekend and wanted to share some new sparkly photos, it would be a great way to start off the July part of this thread. I''m just sayin''...
emotion-5.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gem! Sorry I've been MIA - I'm teaching in the mornings and evenings, tutoring in between, and trying to get in shape for an upcoming road race...so not a lot of time on PS and (hides in shame) I've been walking around with a very dirty EC since I haven't cleaned it in weeks...but I have been lurking here every now and then, especially to see Monkey's new GORGEOUS EC (seeing one loose just makes my heart flutter, yanno??! I love all the angles), plus, I have to check back to see when you're going to be adding pictures of your own!

Anyway, maybe now that I've got the day off, I can add some new pics (and clean my ring for once!). Thanks for thinking of me :) Happy 4th!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Wow, EL...you''ve been busy. You''re TOTALLY forgiven.
emotion-5.gif
I''ve been MIA too...so much going on this time of year!!
No worries... always good to hear from you...and we will be awaiting more pics whenever you get a min.
THANKS for checking in as to when I''ll actually get to add pics of my own. (fingers tapping, fingers tapping.) Having patience is not one of my virtues, I must say!!! I totally get comfort by living through you gals..ha! I have a feeling it won''t be too long now, though... he''s very secretive about everything but we''re already talking about possible wedding dates, so I imagine it''ll be fairly soon...and I''m positive it''ll be worth the wait.
Don''t ya just hate waiting??!!!!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY, EVERYONE!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hope nobody minds, but at Gem''s request, I had a little 4th of July photo shoot :) This first one is my e-ring hanging out on the box it came in.

elecsmsl1.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
All of her friends in one place -

elecsmsl2.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I love taking a photo from this angle...IRL, when I look at my stone from this side, I just see the horizontal steps, but when the camera is looking, my EC seems to almost look like a radiant.

elecsmsl3.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My EC turned two in June, so DH thought it was appropriate that she get two new friends for our anniversary. I know a lot of people aren''t fans of an EC with RB sidestones or w-band or whatever, but I think the contrast of cuts is super pretty. ECs go with everything :)

elecsmsl4.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another "contrasting cuts" photo...EC with concave cut blue topaz.

elecsmsl5.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Last one - just goofing around with the blue topaz and the EC. :)

elecsmsl6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results