shape
carat
color
clarity

I wanted a ring that would sparkle accross the room for a girl that does...here it is@=!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rickpiwo

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!
My name is Rick and I am 23yrs old, and a high school teacher . I have been with my girlfriend for about 5 years and am going to propose next year, about Jan or Feb of 2009. I have been researching diamonds for about 2.5 years ( why spend 6-7000$ and not know what youre doing, right?).....anyway, I found a diamond on Blue Nile and got it. Here it is.....how do I postpics into the body of the post as well as add more? I had a mini shoot and wanna share with you all!

thanks!!!!

rick

sparklering 011-11.jpg

rickpiwo

Rough_Rock
heres another

ring 080-1.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous, you did it awesome!!! I see a beautiful picture!
9.gif

rickpiwo

Rough_Rock
and another

sparklering 012 (2).jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, you did a wonderful job.

ikonos

Rough_Rock
Rick - That is a great looking stone. Did bluenile provide you with idealscope pictures and other information that forum members post here?

rickpiwo

Rough_Rock
one of my favorites....i cannot wait to give it to her and startt our next chapter in life!!!!!

ring 078a.jpg

rickpiwo

Rough_Rock
here again

sparklering 011a.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 12:53:25 AM
Author: rickpiwo
and another
Ok, I don''t know if it''s just me or the angle of the pic, but the prongs do not look evenly spaced...

I don''t mean to rain on your parade....

Gorgeous diamond though! What are the specs on it?

rickpiwo

Rough_Rock
showing sparkle

rick 002a.jpg

rickpiwo

Rough_Rock
here are the specs for you.
GIA Certified
Round Brillant

6.90-6.92x4.21 mm
1.22ct
Excellent Cut (Same as ideal, right)
color:I
Clarity:Vs2
Flourescence: MEd Blue.

Depth 60.9%
Table 57%

Crown angle 34.0
Pavillon Angle 41.0
Excellemt Symm and Polish
Holloway Cut Adviser: 1.4

rick

rickpiwo

Rough_Rock
Okay, I think that I am done posting pics.....for now :)...what do you all think? did a guy do good? Loreli, what do you think?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Well as a noob with no clue, I think you''ve done awesome

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and classic!! Well done, Rick!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Man, you can''t take a bad picture of that thing, can you?

Good luck with the proposal, you did very well!

(And to answer you implied question, GIA excellent stones can be ''ideal'' as defined by AGS/ the HCA, but not all GIA excellent stones will fall into those parameters. Yours certainly does.)

jellycat

Rough_Rock
beautiful! my question is, why are you going to make her wait till next year to receive that beauty?? i think sooner is better than later.
2.gif

MomHelpingSon

Rough_Rock
Next year??? Just go for it! You don''t want to risk her snooping around and accidentally finding it...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring, you did a fabulous job!! Why wait until February to propose to her now that you have the ring? I can''t believe that ring isn''t burning a hole in your pocket!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 1:01:06 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 7/2/2008 12:53:25 AM

and another

Ok, I don''t know if it''s just me or the angle of the pic, but the prongs do not look evenly spaced...

I don''t mean to rain on your parade....

Gorgeous diamond though! What are the specs on it?

Hmm...Freke, I don''t see it.

Great job rickpiwo! It''s a stunning diamond and beautiful ring. You''ve done an excellent job!

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
You did a spectacular job picking that stone! It''s a beauty.

don''t wait to ask her!!
2.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Nice job Rick! Beautiful diamond in a classic setting. You can''t go wrong with that!

PS. Love the flourescence. I think it adds a certain "je ne sais qoui."

Diamond Joe Quimby

Rough_Rock
Rick,

Looks like an awseome stone and great setting - I have followed you posts and we have been through a similar timetable (i started learning about diamonds 12 months ago and purchased about 4 weeks ago - ring arrived last week)......

Simply, elegant solitaire setting and gorgeous diamond - pretty nice size too!!

I can''t believe you can wait until next year to give her that ring ........ I have had mine in a drawer at home for less than a week and already I''m getting nerves about her finding it!!

I plan to propose next week whilst we are on holidays in a secluded couples resort on one of hte outer islands of Fiji...............if you can wait till Feb 2009 you are a more patient man than me!!!

Now comes the hard part (I thought gettting hte ring was hard) - but trying to figure out when, where, how and WHAT YOU''LL SAY is really playing on my mind at the moment ............................

Good luck and great choice!

rickpiwo

Rough_Rock
thank you all so much for your support!!!! This is a fun, yet very different, time for a guy, especially this one
28.gif
. I decided that I am not going to wait until Feb. I am thinking of a date. I already have the location. I want something that is different, not the usual. I love the pic of the ring that is a side view, it almost looks like it could be an ad. Maybe I should pitch it to bluenile! LOL
18.gif
Well, I am working on what I am going to say as well as how to ask her dad. They love me a lot, but its different taking that next step.

rick
9.gif

P.S. I put the ring in a safe deposit box in the bank so that I dont jump the gun or so that she doesnt find it. I was wondering if I should get an independent appraisal....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. Here is a pic that shows what I'm seeing. Am I the only OCD freak seeing it? See how the right side is a little bit smaller than the left? I'm not sure that it would be anything that anyone would see when it's not hugely magnified, but I thought I'd point it out.

40.gif

sparklering 012 prongs off.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
(See pic name)

Is Freke off her rocker.jpg

honey22

Ideal_Rock
No Freke, you are not the only one, I noticed it too! I would''t have expected that with a cast setting?

Rick, maybe you should contact the vendor for a re-set, sounds like you have time?

rickpiwo

Rough_Rock
I really appreciate your concern! Bluenile says they cannot alter it once the 30days has lapsed, which tomorrow is the 30th day. Should I take it to a family jeweler or does it really matter in the long run?

rick

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 10:34:44 AM
I really appreciate your concern! Bluenile says they cannot alter it once the 30days has lapsed, which tomorrow is the 30th day. Should I take it to a family jeweler or does it really matter in the long run?

rick
It''s fine. Seriously. Just leave it. The ring''s perfect. You did a great job choosing. She''ll love it! Congratulations.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure rick. Maybe someone else could answer that question? Perhaps if you called them and told them it was going to be the 30th day and you just noticed something and you want it fixed-maybe they would accept it? I''m not sure what the exchange policy is with Blue Nile-and how customer service oriented they are. I think maybe a phone call to them is in order.

I hope someone else pipes in here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results