shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone have experience re-using gold with greenkarat.com?

Jay8

Rough_Rock
Greetings again -

My fiance and I were just given two sets of wedding bands by a relative. When we were given the rings, the relative told us that we could have them re-made into new rings or resize them, whichever we''d like to do. These wedding bands have tremendous sentimental value and so we are investigating the various ways we could use the actual gold in them. Both sets are 14k yellow gold.

While we COULD try to re-use one set of the rings, (a) we don''t really like the style of the rings enough to use either set as our actual rings, and (b) my fiance has a nickel allergy and so we''d need to determine whether either or both sets have any nickel content.

I''ve been researching whether we can re-use the gold for new bands, and learned (from searching this forum, thanks folks) that it''s more complicated than just melting down an old allow and recasting, due to all sorts of issues. I had kind of given up hope, and then stumbled upon a company that will refine gold from old pieces and reuse it in new ones: http://www.greenkarat.com/mykarat/reuse.asp. (Typically, I was looking for something else entirely when I found that site.)

So here is the question: Does anyone have experience with reusing gold through this company? If not, does anyone have experience with them at all? And if no one has experience with these folks, do you have any other suggestions of how/where we could accomplish reusing the gold in these rings?

Since we have two sets of rings to use as raw material for this project, I am hopeful that there would be enough gold to make one set of rings without breaking the bank.

Thank you in advance for any insight you can give.

Jay

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results