shape
carat
color
clarity

First Dress Shopping Trip

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
Of course i am so excited! but...
What do I need to bring with me? I have the pics/style inspirations, and I have my support team (mom, sis and closest girls). What else do I need to have on-hand ladies? Shoes?

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
make sure you are wearing respectable undergarments. If you have a strapless bra, you could wear that, although some places allow you to borrow a bustier. Definitely bring your shoes if you have them, or shoes with a height you think you''ll be wearing. And it always helps to do your hair/wear similar makeup to what you think you''ll want to get the whole picture.

...AND OF COURSE: CAMERA!!! You need to take lots of pics to post on here so we can see what a beautiful bride you will be! Have fun!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Shave your legs and wear full underoos, nix the thong. hahah

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Everyone else gave great advice. Bring water with you definitely!! And eat before you go so you don''t get hungry and cranky. If you''re going to multiple salons evenly space out the appointments to give yourself time to eat and breathe. Here''s my only other pieces of advice (not related to bringing things): Try to try on a bunch of different styles to figure out what fits your figure best. Even if a dress is too big or too small try it on so you can at least visualize the way it would look on you. Have a great time!
36.gif
36.gif

ljsmith001

Shiny_Rock
Hmm.. I definitely didn''t eat before I went! My mother tried to make me go out to lunch first, but I didn''t want to be all full and yucky feeling. I tend to eat too much! I wore heels for sure and I wore a strapless bra and a sundress that was real easy and simple to get on and off. Will you be wearing spanx for the wedding? You could take those with you. I took mine & I wasn''t at all embarrased. I went with absolutely no inspiration, no pictures or anything. It took me 3 different shopping occasions but I finally decided on a Maggie Sottero gown, style Irina. I honestly don''t know if I love it. I am scared I made the wrong decision. I think I do, but I can''t even remember!! I will take pics when I go for my fitting on 9/9 and will post pics! I keep looking at it over and over online and I keep trying to decide!!!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Little to no make-up. I know it seems bad when you are getting all those pictures taken, but staining the inside of the gown will not win you friends among the staff.

If you are going to bring shoes, bring ones that are easy to get on and off since you have to step out of the dresses and catching one with your heel also doesn''t endear you to the staff.

Walk around in dresses you like and get pictures taken OFF the pedestal. The whole point of those things are tyo make you look tall and thin, which is fine but won''t give you a clear picture of how you look the day of.

Shave, wax etc anything you are embaressed about because the sales person will be seeing a lot of you in your skivies.

If possible, wander around in different lights. Many salons are either dark or have florescent (sp) lighting, which will effect how beading, lace, etc looks and is probably not the lighting on the day of. I insited on going just out the door in mine because we were having an outdoor wedding and it was only then that I saw how amazingly sparkly the beading was.

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies; great tips! I will be smooth, hydrated and camera-ready to model some dresses! Appreciate it. Livin

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
I had started a thread awhile ago about my recommendations for this after working in a bridal shop:

Link

Good luck, and have fun!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
My advice....DO NOT sign a contract if you fall in love with a dress on the first day, even if you are going to get a discount. If you find the dress of your dreams, come back in here and post another thread about what you should do to prevent a dress disaster.
28.gif

Many salons won't let you take pics, so be prepared to act very shy and go into the dressing room yourself to take off the gown so that you can *cough* take a picture when you *cough*.
31.gif

And then everything the other posters said. No makeup is a biggee...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results