shape
carat
color
clarity

that reminds me...ipods???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
after reading the cell phone ringtone thread, i wondered if anyone can recommend an ipod for someone who is rather illiterate. i have used my dd''s countless times but she''s going back to school for month of july and i want to buy one now so she can put the music on/into? it...i plan to use it when i exercise and probably not more than that. any suggestions??? merci
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ipod shuffle.

It's got play, stop, volume up and down, off, random mode, fast forward and back. And I think it's about $80. And of course, it comes in different colors. I was going to get one for my mom, but extenuating circumstances occurred. Anyway, it's super easy to use, and I love to use it when I exercise, clean and cook.

ETA: here is one at amazon.com- link 2 GB in silver (or purple, blue or green) and weighs half an ounce. The only downside to this one (which honestly, I don't even notice) is that you don't have a screen so you can't see what song is playing. But I don't notice it, so I don't know if anyone else would.

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I just checked prices at apple and it looks like you can get a shuffle for $49 or a nano for $149! Prices have really come down ...

I have an older style nano and love it. I''m about as technology-challenged as they come, but I was able to load songs onto it with no problem. I love it!!
1.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Shuffle is the best one for exercise because you can''t damage it by bouncing around. The bigger ones have hard drives and if you drop them too much or run with them, it can sometimes be an issue. I think the Nano is excluded from that though as it is similar in build to the shuffle. The Shuffle is the smallest and easiest, Nano is the smallest with a screen.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the shuffle - I LOVE mine for running/working out. Seriously, BEST invention ever. If you''re going to use it mainly for exercise, I can''t recommend it highly enough, and at the new prices, its certainly not going to break the bank
2.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
For working out, definitely get the Shuffle. Easy, small, clips onto clothing.......two options at 1GB ($49) and 2GB ($79).

Can''t go wrong.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I have the nano which I use for working out-for $30 you can get a Nike plugin, a sensor goes in your shoe(you do not have to buy the shoes with the sensor hole, but they do make them) and a plugin goes in the Ipod. It tracks mileage, time, etc. and really helped me train for my 5K. If she just works out-I would say shuffle, but if she runs a lot-nano is the way to go
9.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I just helped a friend of mine who is COMPLETELY iPod illiterate with her Nano. Here''s what I observed: the iPod isn''t confusing - she did fine navigating hers and mine (I''ve got the big one, 5th gen I think), but since she wasn''t used to macs or itunes, she freaked out a bit when it came to sync-ing and downloading music, understanding the iTunes store etc.

Since you can only fit what.. 50 cds? is it more than that? on a nano, and I think less on a shuffle, you''ll probably fill up a shuffle or a nano with your music, so you''ll need to know how to switch your music/playlists, etc.

In other words, have your DD show you how to work iTunes, import songs, and sync an iPod, and honestly, I think you''ll be golden with any model. :)

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
thank you thank you thank you! i know my older kids would have talked me into the more expen$ive ipods-seems like a shuffle will do the job!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hey Snowflake, after you started this thread and everyone recommended the shuffle, I looked into them and ordered one today! My iPod is just too big to run with and I''m trying to get back in shape. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread! If you have any questions, I''m sure we can figure ''em out together. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results