shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting into it conflict (TMI?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Hubby and I are having a bit of an issue. During the week, my brain is a mass of to-do lists and when I want some straight-to-the-point together time, I smile at hubby and ask "do you wanna?" to see if he''s interested. Hubby doesn''t like this because it makes him feel like a light switch, and would prefer if I was a little more romantic about it. To me, though, kissing when someone (either hubby or me) isn''t into it feels awkward and pulls me right out of the moment.

I''m not sure how to come up with a compromise. I don''t want that fakey/forced romance feeling (bleh!) but I certainly don''t want hubby to feel like a light switch. Hubby says he just wants to see how things go because he thinks sitting down and figuring out a full on "compromise" would make it seem too structured. Our views are so different, though, that I think something needs to be settled. I don''t want either of us feeling unfulfilled. Suggestions?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...how about these ideas:
1. instead of asking him or giving him googly eyes, can you leave the room and come back after you''ve "slipped into something more comfortable"? You don''t have to say a thing, just go about straightening up or doing the dishes and your "new outfit" will put ideas in his head.
2. there are so many ways of hinting that you''re in the mood without actually saying anything, or even looking at him. Try putting on music and dancing around as if you''re in your own world. I find that very effective for getting his attention...
3. eat ice cream in front of him, very slowly

Hope that helps somewhat!!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
The old fashioned idea was putting a rose in a vase on a side table!! lol
But actually, it''s a pretty good ''signal'' that you want some *ahem* together time!! without saying a word.
Dance naked to your favourite music channel?
27.gif

always works for me!!

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 1:06:00 PM
Author: CrownJewel
1. instead of asking him or giving him googly eyes, can you leave the room and come back after you''ve ''slipped into something more comfortable''? You don''t have to say a thing, just go about straightening up or doing the dishes and your ''new outfit'' will put ideas in his head.
2. there are so many ways of hinting that you''re in the mood without actually saying anything, or even looking at him. Try putting on music and dancing around as if you''re in your own world. I find that very effective for getting his attention...

I am a firm believer of this method! Works every time! ( even when play offs are on TV!)

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2008 11:26:18 AM
Author: ~*Snow*~

Date: 6/27/2008 1:06:00 PM
Author: CrownJewel
1. instead of asking him or giving him googly eyes, can you leave the room and come back after you've 'slipped into something more comfortable'? You don't have to say a thing, just go about straightening up or doing the dishes and your 'new outfit' will put ideas in his head.
2. there are so many ways of hinting that you're in the mood without actually saying anything, or even looking at him. Try putting on music and dancing around as if you're in your own world. I find that very effective for getting his attention...

I am a firm believer of this method! Works every time! ( even when play offs are on TV!)
ahahaha, I had a boyfriend try this one time during a play off game and I made him keep the t.v. on and I kept putting my hand on his chest saying "Wait, what just happened, did we get a penalty on that play??" He would just laugh and say he couldn't believe he was in such a role reversal. I think it's just plain torment when someone intices you away from a playoff game, unless of course, you have TIVO. But the big play off games, no way, I want to watch it in real time. Sheesh, I sound like a "dude".
17.gif

I think that you may have to be the "seducer" especially if your DH is the more "romatic" one and your aren't. I have some suggestions, but it just seems to racy for this board.
32.gif

I will have to think about how to put some of my suggestions in a post with my propensity to do what you do and that is just shoot from the hip and say it straight out.
31.gif

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
When she first told me, I cringed because it put horrible images in my head, but my best friend said her grandmother told her when her grandfather is "in the mood" he comes over and pinches/wiggles her big toe if she''s sitting on the couch or chair with her feet proped up.

He doesn''t know that she knows, and he did it once in front of my best friend. She almost crawled out of her skin.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results