shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond ok or should i keep looking.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LJ

Rough_Rock
My BF asked me to go an select a diamond. I have a 10,000 AUS budget for the diamond...

I went to a jewller and found this diamond which i thought was a little small for the ct weight can you please advise if you think this is a good option. Basically looking for a solitare setting i have a smallish finger ring size H Aus or i think 4 US.

Any advise would be great as i have no idea..they all look so lovely.

1.71 cts
Round Billiant
7.59- 7.51 x 4.74
Depth: 62.8%
Table: 59%
Crown Height: 14%
Pavilion Depth: 44%
Girdle Thickness: Slightly Thick, faceted
Polish: good-very good
Sym: Very Good
Culet: None

clarity : SI2
Graining: Very Slight
Color F
Fluorescence: None

EGL: "Premium Cut" ?

Eye Clean.

Please help is 10000 Aus..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome LJ!

Personally I would keep looking, this diamond has a steep pavilion angle and does not score well on the HCA, also it could look small for it's weight, and not as large face up as 1.71 cts should be, so my advice is to pass. Also with EGL, it is important to know which EGL lab graded the diamond, EGL USA are said to be the most accurate. I would advise sticking with GIA and AGS graded diamonds.

Splinter

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Lorelei, there are better stones out there. I''d also stick to AGS or GIA certs.

Have you considered buying online? I''d imagine you''d get more diamond for your money...

If you''re not happy buying online, just keep posting about the stones you look at and the Pricescopers will give you honest, unbiased opinions.
2.gif

Oh, also, it''s always useful to post the angles of the stone if you have them.
5.gif

LJ

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your help :)

Will continue to seek out some diamonds this week, its so exciting thank god i found this site otherwise i would have just gone with it...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2008 10:20:49 AM
Author: Splinter
I agree with Lorelei, there are better stones out there. I''d also stick to AGS or GIA certs.

Have you considered buying online? I''d imagine you''d get more diamond for your money...

If you''re not happy buying online, just keep posting about the stones you look at and the Pricescopers will give you honest, unbiased opinions.
2.gif

Oh, also, it''s always useful to post the angles of the stone if you have them.
5.gif
Hi Splint!
35.gif

LJ you are welcome! Also do post the angles and other proportions of any diamond you are considering, and we will be pleased to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results