shape
carat
color
clarity

$2000 budget - tennis bracelet or stud earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beachbunny20

Rough_Rock
YAY FOR NEW DIAMOND STUDS!

I wanted a pair as my wedding present but at the price of about 2.5K I''m not sure it''s going to happen. Someday though!

Can you please tell me what "WF" and "martini cut" are? Sorry, I''m a newbie, totally clueless on the lingo!
26.gif

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Tacori! I hope my daughter is as cute as Tessa!

Kcoursolle, I think I made the right decision too! I work with computers everyday so the bracelet might get annoying after a while :)

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 4:53:55 PM
Author: beachbunny20
YAY FOR NEW DIAMOND STUDS!

I wanted a pair as my wedding present but at the price of about 2.5K I''m not sure it''s going to happen. Someday though!

Can you please tell me what ''WF'' and ''martini cut'' are? Sorry, I''m a newbie, totally clueless on the lingo!
26.gif

Hi Beachbunny! WF stands for Whiteflash, and their website is www.whiteflash.com. Martini cut is a type of earring stud setting that they have, where three small prongs hold the diamond in place. From the side, it looks like a martini glass :)

Here is a link to them: http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/Three-Prong--Martini---SETTINGS-ONLY_1119.htm

I can''t afford 2.5k either, so I got these earrings for about $1700. The best part is that I can upgrade anytime in the future to a larger set :) Woohoo!

BTW - Welcome!

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Some pics that WF sent me of my earrings :)

Picture 1

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Picture 2 (from the side)

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Heehee, and of course I am already thinking about my new *ahem* project.... Earring jackets!
36.gif
I didn''t order these yet, but WF has been really kind and sent me the pictures of my exact earrings with some of their earring jackets :) I''m not 100% sure about the little space between my studs and the jacket, so I hope I can get some opinions from you guys.

Picture 3

dani13

Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous, Shortee!!

Is the setting the WF "handmade martini" or is it their stock martini setting? They are so pretty! Just curious!
2.gif

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Hi, Dani!

It''s their "settings only" Martini :) I have no idea if they are handmade or not. http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/Three-Prong--Martini---SETTINGS-ONLY_1119.htm

I decided to pick out my own diamonds for the settings, instead of getting the "ready set go" ones, so that I can upgrade in the future :) I paid a few hundred more $$ than the 0.75 ctw "ready set to go", but the benefits are that 1) I got to pick my own diamonds 2) My diamonds are ACA 3) My diamonds are slightly larger than the ones in the 0.75 ctw "ready set to go" and 4) I have the opportunity to upgrade in the future!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any ear shots??? Beautiful, I love them!!!

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
No ear shots yet, unfortunately. But I'll make sure to post them as soon as they arrive!

How are you enjoying your earrings? :)

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 1:24:15 PM
Author: gemgirl
$2000 might not buy you too much in the way of bracelets these days but it can buy you some killer studs. I vote for the studs.
Exactly! I vote studs too!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay! for studs here, too! Those are gorgeous, plus I love the potential jackets!!! Congrats!!
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh how exciting!! I would have said go with the earrings!!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 8:31:24 PM
Author: shortee78
No ear shots yet, unfortunately. But I''ll make sure to post them as soon as they arrive!

How are you enjoying your earrings? :)
Oh good, you will love them! I can''t wait to see your pics!!! I am totally enjoying my earrings, they make me smile big everyday. . . thanks for asking you are so sweet Shortee! I will stay tuned. hehee

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Gorgeous...I''m shopping for earrings too. Those studs are gorgeous!

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Irishbreakfast, monarch64, Maisie, Skippy (again ^_^) and Jelly! I can''t wait until they arrive!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful, new diamond studs! Looking forward to ear shots!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results