shape
carat
color
clarity

THIS is the nicest solitiare I''ve ever laid eyes on!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
http://www.vonbargens.com/catalog/detail.php?product=2544&category=1196 (oops I mispelled solitaire, I got so excited)

Does anyone own this ring, or fortunate enough to have seen this ring in person? Any hand pics by chance? WOW.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I wonder if this could be made without the side diamonds. Just the plain gold swoopy shank, with that lovely head holding the diamond. Any suggestions on whom the man (or woman) for the job would be??

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t like the side diamonds at all! Without them, I think the ring would be gorgeous!!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I agree..so it shouldn''t cost TOO much to have someone make this style of ring, without the side diamonds..right? HA!!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Why don''t you email the company and ask if they can make a plain version? That would be the best way to get it exactly how you want it.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2008 5:00:51 PM
Author: IrishBreakfast
Why don''t you email the company and ask if they can make a plain version? That would be the best way to get it exactly how you want it.
Well..that exact mount is about $4800, so I imagine without the diamonds will still be around $3500 (crazy for a setting..sorry!). I think I can find a jeweler who could make it for much less. I did find a local guy who is willing to reset my diamond. I might bring this pic along with me this week, to see if he can make something similar, and at what cost!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
The pave/prongs/shank are very fluid and pretty but the side stones look like tumors! If you want the pave prongs you''ll probably need a very good benchman. If all you want is the shape in wg, go for it!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I really wouldn''t have that setting made by a jeweler until I saw a top view picture. I have a feeling those prongs are going to be BULKY. Its not my taste at all so maybe I''m biased but if the top view was as flattering, why didn''t they show that too -- like most sites do. Makes ya (me) wonder.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2008 9:06:07 PM
Author: decodelighted
Honestly, I really wouldn't have that setting made by a jeweler until I saw a top view picture. I have a feeling those prongs are going to be BULKY. Its not my taste at all so maybe I'm biased but if the top view was as flattering, why didn't they show that too -- like most sites do. Makes ya (me) wonder.
For some reason my computer won't open the original link, but did open the one with the top view...looks like Deco called it!

ETA, the first link just opened up. I think you could do better for that price!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
The top view looks a bit like a cross between a temp mount and clamps.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Hey I think it''s very beautiful from both angles. I would try to find the money and just buy that setting instead of trying to copy it. I''m not sure how they got those side diamonds into place! It looks like a bit of a mystery.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your honest thoughts everyone! Not a fan of theat Leon ring..sorry. Actually, as far as solitaires..made by Leon, the ones I have seen don''t stand out (over other settings from PS vendors), you just pay for the sake of saying you have a "Leon", which means nothing to me really. I''d rather use the $ 4000 for a nicer/larger diamond, and have a jeweler set it into a plain gold shank with basket head, (too look like some of Leon''s settings) which on the hand would look JUST as good! (just my honest opinion).

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m with you on paying for the name, except that Leon has definitly earned that priviledge :) And I liked that setting (even with the "tumor" diamonds) until I saw the top of the prongs...eww. I have seen a setting similar before but can''t remember where...I imagine it could be easily recreated.

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
I really like the side of the setting, but the top scared me a bit! I''m a fan of more delicate prongs :)

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
What the heck is a tumor diamond?

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
GIRRRRRRRRRRRL! Tell the kids and hubby to bundle up! Forget the furnace, Mamma needs her some PURE ROMANCE! Girl do yourself a favor and write that company and ask them what they will make that setting for without all the fluff...chances are they have already and they not showing the goods.

Call off the dogs...I found you the same setting cheaper...we getting close girl...get those side diamonds it you want.

http://www.solomonbrothers.com/jewelry.aspx?query=varna%20contessa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results