shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your big solitaires (2.5 ct. and over) on size 4 to 4.5 fingers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2008 10:24:33 AM
Author: Ms.Dreamy

Date: 6/10/2008 10:13:20 AM

You''re very welcome!

I just think that it is sooo thin that if you wear it every day you might damage it. It really is very thin. I remember reading somewhere (I am sure on PS, he he) that it is something like 1.5mm. I do like the Novo too, but I already have 2 other eternity bands, one in WG and one in platinum that I decided I would like one in rose gold, just something different. I personally prefer full eternity to half - no particular reason, just prefer the look of the full eternity. I would certainly buy online, LM has some beautiful ones. Signed Pieces is another fave here on PS. Oh btw, not to make it more complicated for you, but Cartier has one for abt US$3k or maybe a little over (I can''t remember exactly how much, but I do remember thinking, oh, that''s not bad for a Cartier!).

My knife edge I think is thinner than the origninal Tiffany''s, which IMO, is rather thick. Oh btw, I *hate* my fingers!! They''re short and stubby for an Asian''s. Most of the time in colder climate it is 4.25 but when it gets really hot and humid, it is more like 4.5-4.75. Now that I''ve put on weight, my e-ring is especially tight. I am jealous of people with thin long slender fingers!! (jealous but happy for them
1.gif
).

sorry for asking more quesions, but you''re such a great help!
1.gif

so, your solitaire band is even thinner that the tiffany knife edge wedding band? (I''m not sure if the wedding band is thinner as the solitaire band - maybe you know that?)

oh, I love cartier - I''ll have a look there when I''m in the store the next time. thanks for the info!

hey, your fingers look great! really! your solitaire and the metro together are so elegant on you! As I said, I have slender fingers and the knife edge looked terrible on me the other day
39.gif
- on you it looks to fall in love with
30.gif
Really, no worries!!
1.gif
. I LOOOVEEE talking abt diamonds (no, really!!??? he he).

Yes, my band really is thinner than the Tiffany''s, but not by much. it''s funny because everytime I am in Tiffany''s, the SA''s just assume that my ring is a Tiffany''s!!
9.gif
. I ain''t gonna disagree with them, LOL.

I do really really love the Cartier. Do check it out. I''d love it if you could post some pics if you do decide to go with them.

Thanks for the compliments!! You''re too kind, ma''am!!
9.gif
. I am sure it was to do with the lighting and the humidity, in yr case.

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 10:30:59 AM
Author: Phoenix

Really, no worries!!
1.gif

Yes, my band really is thinner than the Tiffany''s, but not by much. it''s funny because everytime I am in Tiffany''s, the SA''s just assume that my ring is a Tiffany''s!!
9.gif

I do really really love the Cartier. Do check it out. I''d love it if you could post some pics if you do decide to go with them.

9.gif

ah, well, If I decide for the cartier one you have to wait for a while - I have 3 or 4 other things on my wishlist first before spending 3K for a rose gold band
3.gif

yeah, I think I should give the knife edge a 2nd chance
2.gif
I''ll go on a colder day and try it on again.
oooh, your fishing for compliments, lady!
2.gif
I am sure your fingers are at least as lovely IRL as in your pictures - and your picture with the pool is one of my favourite PS-pictures (yep, I saved it in my jewellery-folder on my computer!
11.gif
) I really envy you (and am happy for you!) for that beautiful 3+ct e-ring! hope I''ll get one from my lovely BF when the day comes...
20.gif

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
oops, I made a mess with the quote-function
2.gif
- sorry!

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about this threadjack but I wanted to send Phoenix a message...

Hi Phoenix, sorry about the delayed reply. Been swamped and on the road and haven't had a chance to log on to PS (yeah...that busy!!). I would LOVE to meet up with you in Singapore but I'll only be there for a day and a half for a wedding and I'm part of the bridal party so I'm guessing I won't have any personal time. We married women know the wedding day drill! But the next time I'm in town, we will definitely have a blingdate! And if you're ever in HK, we can meet up here too!

Again...sorry about the threadjack!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 11:12:17 AM
Here's mine, 3.02ct on a 4.25 finger...
Phoenix, your'e killin' me!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Specs, I need specs!

Amazing set - holy cow.
30.gif

I'm a 4.25 too.......

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, I aspire to have your ring one day! I'm also a size 4.25 with fingers shorter than yours. Your pictures really help me visualize a 3ct on my hands
30.gif
Someday...

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2008 11:39:53 AM
Author: diamondnut

Hi Phoenix, sorry about the delayed reply. Been swamped and on the road and haven''t had a chance to log on to PS (yeah...that busy!!). I would LOVE to meet up with you in Singapore but I''ll only be there for a day and a half for a wedding and I''m part of the bridal party so I''m guessing I won''t have any personal time. We married women know the wedding day drill! But the next time I''m in town, we will definitely have a blingdate! And if you''re ever in HK, we can meet up here too!

Sorry for threadjacking too! Diamondnut, I noticed that you mentioned you live in HK. DH and I will be relocating there later this summer. I''m trying to figure out how to insure my rings. Maybe I ask how you insure yours?

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi CareBear,

An advance welcome to HK!!! Are you moving here because of work??

As for insurance, my ring is insured through Chubb. I have a homeowner''s policy with them and added on the ring. Off the top of my head, I believe the premium for ring is the standard 1.5% of the cost of the ring. Let me know if you have any more questions about insurance or anything else for that matter.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Diamondnut, thanks for the info! I had no idea Chubb operated in HK! This will make things a lot easier
1.gif
We''re relocating because DH took a job out there. I''ll definitely ask you if I have anymore questions, probably in another thread
2.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2008 11:39:53 AM
Author: diamondnut

Hi Phoenix, sorry about the delayed reply. Been swamped and on the road and haven''t had a chance to log on to PS (yeah...that busy!!). I would LOVE to meet up with you in Singapore but I''ll only be there for a day and a half for a wedding and I''m part of the bridal party so I''m guessing I won''t have any personal time. We married women know the wedding day drill! But the next time I''m in town, we will definitely have a blingdate! And if you''re ever in HK, we can meet up here too!

Hi there Diamondnut!!
35.gif

Good to hear from you! No worries, I guessed you must have been busy with work, family or something like that. I absolutely do understand how hectic yr schedule will be, you will have soooo much fun though (I LOVE weddings!).

Let''s definitely meet up next time you''re in SG. I do go to HK once in a while, so next time I am there, I will certainly let you know. Would love to see yr bling and hit the shops (they have jewellery TDF!! [SIGH]).

bTW, are you going to the HK jewellery show this month? I went in September last year and was sooooo happy I thought I''d died and gone to heaven, LOL!!

Have a good time in SG!!
1.gif

(yes, sorry abt the threadjact, MsDreamy).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2008 1:18:08 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1

Here''s mine, 3.02ct on a 4.25 finger...
Phoenix, your''e killin'' me!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Specs, I need specs!

Amazing set - holy cow.
30.gif

I''m a 4.25 too.......
You''re too kind!!
9.gif

The specs were something like:

Table: 56%
Depth: 62.3%
Crown: 35.5% (or was it 35%)
Pavillion: 41%

I do remember that it didn''t score too highly on the HCA, but at the time, it was the *best stone* I could find in terms of *sparkle factor* (does it sparkle or does it sparkle?!! It is major blingy!! LOL) and price. I''d been looking high and low for a suitable 3 carater for several months (even went to Antwerp and met up with several dealers). I ended up going to HK and saw lots and lots there, but they were extremely expensive (well, at the time they were, they would seem cheaper now - what with the prices of diamonds going through the roof!) and some were not so well cut. Mine was a GIA Triple Excellent and I figured: If I ever wanted to sell it, I wouldn'';t have that much trouble, esp since Asians value GIA certs highly and many have not heard of AGS (this is what I''ve been told). I tell you this though: it took my breath away, literally!! I remember the day I had it on my hand, I was the happiest person in the world!![
9.gif

The eternity rings are 1) made locally, abt 4 pointers each and 2) Tiffany Metro as I mentioned above.

Thanks so much for yr compliment!
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2008 7:29:13 PM
Author: CareBear
Phoenix, I aspire to have your ring one day! I''m also a size 4.25 with fingers shorter than yours. Your pictures really help me visualize a 3ct on my hands
30.gif
Someday...

CareBear, thank YOU too, you''re all too kind!!
9.gif

You will get yrs for sure, esp. if you''re moving to HK. There''s nothing like living in HK and SG to make you want to get the bigger bling, he he!!

It''s great to hear about your and hubby''s moving to HK. You''re gonna have such a GREAT TIME!! I LOOOVEEE HK!!
30.gif
. It''s so much fun.

(Again,Ms Dreamy, sorry abt the second threadjack! I hope you''ll forgive us
1.gif
)

Mrs. Smitty

Rough_Rock
This thread is very detrimental to my health! Just kidding. Wow, what beautiful rings you ladies have. My ring size is a 4.5 but my hands don't look as pretty as yours.

Phoenix - Your hands are beautiful! If you want so see short and chubby Asian fingers then you should see mine. When my Tacori finally gets here I will try to post a hand shot and you can see what I am talking about!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2008 10:46:13 AM

Date: 6/10/2008 10:30:59 AM

Really, no worries!!
1.gif

9.gif

9.gif

ah, well, If I decide for the cartier one you have to wait for a while - I have 3 or 4 other things on my wishlist first before spending 3K for a rose gold band
3.gif

yeah, I think I should give the knife edge a 2nd chance
2.gif
I''ll go on a colder day and try it on again.
oooh, your fishing for compliments, lady!
2.gif
I am sure your fingers are at least as lovely IRL as in your pictures - and your picture with the pool is one of my favourite PS-pictures (yep, I saved it in my jewellery-folder on my computer!
11.gif
) I really envy you (and am happy for you!) for that beautiful 3+ct e-ring! hope I''ll get one from my lovely BF when the day comes...
20.gif
Actually, the Metro band is not US$3k. Are you based in the US? Last time I checked the Tiffany website, it was US$1.6k and I bought it in Singapore from a local Tiffany shop for S$2.9k (US$2.2k) inclusive of S''pre sales tax. Ok, I just checked the website again and it says US$1,750.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2008 9:47:25 AM

Date: 6/10/2008 1:18:08 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1

Here's mine, 3.02ct on a 4.25 finger...
Phoenix, your'e killin' me!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Specs, I need specs!

Amazing set - holy cow.
30.gif

I'm a 4.25 too.......
You're too kind!!
9.gif

The specs were something like:

Table: 56%
Depth: 62.3%
Crown: 35.5% (or was it 35%)
Pavillion: 41%

I do remember that it didn't score too highly on the HCA, but at the time, it was the *best stone* I could find in terms of *sparkle factor* (does it sparkle or does it sparkle?!! It is major blingy!! LOL) and price. I'd been looking high and low for a suitable 3 carater for several months (even went to Antwerp and met up with several dealers). I ended up going to HK and saw lots and lots there, but they were extremely expensive (well, at the time they were, they would seem cheaper now - what with the prices of diamonds going through the roof!) and some were not so well cut. Mine was a GIA Triple Excellent and I figured: If I ever wanted to sell it, I wouldn';t have that much trouble, esp since Asians value GIA certs highly and many have not heard of AGS (this is what I've been told). I tell you this though: it took my breath away, literally!! I remember the day I had it on my hand, I was the happiest person in the world!![
9.gif

The eternity rings are 1) made locally, abt 4 pointers each and 2) Tiffany Metro as I mentioned above.

Thanks so much for yr compliment!
9.gif
ETA: I forgot to mention: it's an F VS2 and it's a GIA triple Excellent (I know I know, GIA Triple Excellent is very broad, but the stone is beautiful to *me* and I guess that's what really counts!
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2008 1:02:23 AM
Author: Mrs. Smitty
This thread is very detrimental to my health! Just kidding. Wow, what beautiful rings you ladies have. My ring size is a 4.5 but my hands don't look as pretty as yours.

Phoenix - Your hands are beautiful! If you want so see short and chubby Asian fingers then you should see mine. When my Tacori finally gets here I will try to post a hand shot and you can see what I am talking about!
Thats not possible, he he!! I inherited a lot of things from my parents: my Dad's height (or rather lack of it), my Mom's short stubby fingers, my Mom's skin (not too bad, but not as good as my Dad - he's practically wrinkle-free even at 86 yrs of age), my Dad's fine hair (not my Mom's typical Asian thick hair), my Dad's small eyes, etc. You get the picture, LOL!

Sorry for the third thread jack, MsDreamy!
1.gif
. I promise I won't do it again!
1.gif

Can't wait to see pics of yr Tacori, Mrs Smitty. I LOVE Tacori's!
36.gif

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 9:49:18 AM

1.gif
. I promise I won''t do it again!

Haha! No problem, fishing for compliments is always OK
2.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2008 10:03:25 AM

Date: 6/12/2008 9:49:18 AM

1.gif
. I promise I won''t do it again!

Haha! No problem, fishing for compliments is always OK
2.gif

Why do you keep saying that?!! I really *WASN''T*!! I swear!!
1.gif
. Maybe it''s a cultural difference or something!?LOL

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
31.gif
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif
31.gif

OMG OMG OMG.

All you ladies are killing me over here with the big beautiful stones in GORGEOUS SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!!

30.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
cutey TT, what an AWESOME setting! And gorgeous rock!!!

Did you take it out of the equally awesome halo setting?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOOWEEEE how did I miss this thread??? Lovely lovely rocks ladies!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 12:10:54 PM
Author: Bliss
cutey TT, what an AWESOME setting! And gorgeous rock!!!

Did you take it out of the equally awesome halo setting?
Thanks! It really is a pretty stone, and I catch myself staring at it a lot. Doesn''t give me the same finger coverage yours does! Geez, yours is amazing!

I still have my original e-ring stone, which I re-set in the Ritani Endless Love halo. I don''t wear it too often, but I still have it and have no plans to sell or trade it in. I figure, one day, my daughter will inherit it and will love the fact that it was the first diamond her daddy gave her mommy.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
cutey TT, what an amazing gift that is going to be for your daughter! And your stone and setting are phenomenal. What a rock!
30.gif
Your rock is bigger and I think you get the same, if not more, finger coverage!

Having both the halo and the gorgeous solitaire... which style do you prefer? If you could put your bigger rock into the Ritani, would you?
31.gif
I love both settings! But we''re looking at settings next week and I''m torn between a delicate halo and a solitaire setting with pave on the shank.
30.gif

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 1:07:37 PM
Author: Bliss
cutey TT, what an amazing gift that is going to be for your daughter! And your stone and setting are phenomenal. What a rock!
30.gif
Your rock is bigger and I think you get the same, if not more, finger coverage!

Having both the halo and the gorgeous solitaire... which style do you prefer? If you could put your bigger rock into the Ritani, would you?
31.gif
I love both settings! But we''re looking at settings next week and I''m torn between a delicate halo and a solitaire setting with pave on the shank.
30.gif
Bliss - no way! I look at your handshot and I''m thinking...why doesn''t mine look like that?!

Hmmm, I don''t know. The Ritani has a certain charm about it. It''s real delicate, and almost antique-looking. It''s also very easy to wear because it''s bezel-set...no prongs, really smooth. The Michael B is definitely flashier (not to mention the center stone is much larger). I look at mrssalvo''s gorgeous ring, however, and think that maybe I should''ve put a halo around this larger stone so that DSS will never be a problem, but DH would *kill* me if I even brought up the subject of changing the MB setting since it was so $$$. I do love the solitaire look, but when I wear it with the matching band, I do feel like the center stone looks smaller.

Honestly, I love both looks -- delicate halo and pave solitaire. If you''re worried about DSS and want maximum finger coverage, maybe consider the halo...? I really love your solitaire the way it is though. It looks great on your hand. Are you sure you''re going to change settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results