shape
carat
color
clarity

I ''M ENGAGED!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
I still can''t believe this!!
6.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

This was so unexpected! I am going to give you the story first and then on to posting pics! I have TONS of them!

We just got back a few days ago from a vacation in Fort Lauderdale Florida. We go there fairly often since my FI''s (AHHHHHH! I can''t believe I can call him that!) father owns a condo there on the intracoastal, so I thought nothing of this trip. I did know, however, that we would be looking at diamonds and settings during this trip. I don''t think either of us knew that this would end in an engagement- we had only thought that we would know by the end of this trip if we would go for a marquise center stone or reset my family heirloom (paternal grandmother''s) round 1-ish ct. Some of you may remember my previous thread in regard to that matter. Everything just sort of fell right into place and we ended up engaged!

On Thursday June 5th, we headed to Miami''s Seybold building (2nd largest jewelry exchange building in the United States). His father had been in Florida for several weeks prior to our arrival and had some marquise diamonds picked out for us to take a look at. All were not within price range. We had already given up on those we had found in NY and Boston because the jewelers would not go down far enough in price. In the meantime, and since my last post, I had become very sentimental in regard to my grandmother''s stone, and I felt as though we should be using it. It would also save a lot of money that we would need for other things. So, I brought her ring with me to use as a comparison, to get opinions on the quality of the stone, and to show his father.

It just so happens that at one particular jewelry store (were his family had made diamond purchases before- so they trusted them) I found a gorgeous setting- platinum, side pears ( I love fancy shapes), three sided pave down the sides! The price was unbeatable and before I knew it, he was purchasing the setting! That right there was enough to make me happy!

I knew the ring was being set with my daimond, but I was told that I would not be getting the ring this vcation- it was too obvious and he said he wanted to save it for another occasion, since we weren''t going to get engaged untill the middle to end of the summer anyhow. He wanted to suprize me with it. He did, however, get a kick out of teasing me by throwing "ideas" out in regard to "when he would do it".

Only one day later, Friday June 6th, I was told we were all ( me, FI, his father, and his father''s girlfriend) going on a sunset cruise on The Spirit of Lauderdale catamaran/sailboat. I swear I thought nothing of this AT ALL because I had always begged him to please propose to me in private, and he said he would. We were all dressed very casual beacuse we knew we would get splashed and bounced around a bit. This is not characteristic of me beacuse I like to get all dressed up and wear heels to go out. But, I knew it was just a boat ride, so I was OK with it.

I video taped while we went out into the intracoastal water way, enjoying the mansions and scenery on either side. Once we got out into the ocean, the wind picked up and the boat bounced over 10+ foot waves. We got splashed and quite messy.

Then, as we sailed back into the intracoastal waterway and down the New River, the sun beagn to set. My FI''s father''s girlfriend took the camera from me to get Mark and I on tape (something she always does, anyhow) and suddenly I see a black box in his hand out of the corner of my eye and I knew! My mouth flew open in shock as he said very sweet things to me, got down on his knee, and asked me to marry him!
6.gif
30.gif
Even though I knew we had bought the setting, this was a complete shock! His father popped a bottel of champage- it was wonderful--- and ALL ON VIDEO!
6.gif

It was also a complete coincidence that we were the only 4 on the boat that night- we waited around on the dock for other customers, but no one else came. It looked as though we had a private charter!

I am extremely happy!! I am completely in love with my gorgeous new fiance
30.gif
and I love my beautiful new ring! I am so happy that we had reset my grandmother''s diamond- I am honored to have it, and it looks great int he setting. We even had the old platinum fishtail setting polished and re-set with a simulated sapphire (my grandfather''s nd sister''s birthstone- he gve her the origional ring in the late 1940''s, and my sister was born on his birthday) to give to my younger sister. Everything just fell into place beautifully! I m so happy!
12.gif
9.gif
Thank you to everyone on PS who had offered thier advice and support!

OK- now I am off to post pics! I hope I can get them up here with no trouble!
But first- the stats (NOTE: the center stone is an heirloom that I did not have GIA certified, so this is all I know)

Center: .94ct transitionl/round brilliant (everyone ws shocked that it ws under 1 ct when they weighed it! It faces up larger becuse it has a good spread. The said it may be a bit shallow, but if it is, it doesn''t effect it''s remarkble sparkle and fire! I get tons of compliments!)
Diameter: 6.6mm
Color: G
Clarity: VVS2-VS1

Setting:
Platinum
.61 ctw side pears, G, VS1
50 round brillint shared prong pave diamonds totalling .55 ct, G, VS1

Total weight for the ring: 2.10ctw

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's such a sweet story, and how great to have it on video!

ETA: Now make like a good PSer and post some ring pics!!!
3.gif

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
I have to resize my pictures
7.gif
It is going to take few- I''ll be right back! I have so mny of them ! I couldn''t stop taking pictures of it!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Dani that''s great! Sounds bootiful, can''t wait to see!
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! What a great proposal story.

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much everyone!! :) I m trying to resize a bunch of them now- some re still too large! I hope this works! First, by itself---

Picture 242.jpg

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
Wow- that was still too large and a bit blurry! Here is one on the bot right after it happend! Stay tuned for more detiled pics! I have lot!
2.gif

Plese excuse my nails- I needed a fill-in, which I did get the next day!

Picture 188.jpg

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
This is also right fter it happened

Picture 187.jpg

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
With the roses he gave me the next morning!

Picture 312.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Ooo! It''s lovely!

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
In the roses

Picture 423.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice diamond, nice ring. Congratulations!

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
I am having trouble uploding, not to mention they are resizing into blurry messes! I hope this works!

dani789511xx.jpg

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
I m trying to cpture some detail. The diamonds really do sparkle like crazy in real life! They are icy white and blinding

Picture 476.jpg

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
OK- here is a bit of fire! With a little umbrella from a Mai Tai
2.gif
and after new mani !

Picture 489.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations, Dani!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Your ring is gorgeous! So beautiful ... I couldn''t be happier for you! Enjoy this special time!!

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
In the rose again

Picture 449.jpg

This_Is_Amore

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!! Your proposal sounds perfect, and the ring is beautiful! I have to say, I was silently cheering for the heirloom stone, so I''m happy you went with it
36.gif

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much everyone! Especially you, Sparkalicious!! I remember sending you well wishes on your engagement and gorgeous ring! Thank you so much!
9.gif
12.gif

My I post more? Or is it lready picture overload? I have a few more of the ring and a few of the two of us I would like to post.
30.gif

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
Aww thank you This is Amore!! I am so glad I went for it! I cherish it!
30.gif

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
another

Picture 251.jpg

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
More fire

Picture 295.jpg

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
Next to a flower arrangement

Picture 428.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!Don''t forget to go post it on the LIW list!!!

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
Under a palm tree with my Fiance!!

Picture 440.jpg

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Frekechild! I won''t forget!
9.gif

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
At sunset with my gorgeous fiance!
2.gif

Picture 366.jpg

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
I bought him a ring as well after the engagement. It has a nearly one carat ruby and .30ctw of diamonds in yellow gold. He picked it and he loves it. I''ll find a better pic of it. Here we re showing off our rings together.

Picture 357.jpg

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
Our rings can be seen in this picture as well

Picture 498.jpg

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
I SWEAR only a few more! I figure I only get to do this once! This next one is right after he proposed to me on the boat.

Picture 186.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results